So uh.... It's basically hack'n'slash for any non-support class ;___;?

- - - Updated - - -

Also are the quests any fun? I am a bit tired of the "hunt x mobs" all the time in a lot of games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well then WoW is the right game for you!
    You'll get a fair share of hunt x mobs quests yes, but don't worry because they are nicely mixed up by get X items that drop from Y mobs quests.
    And the occasional kill this one guy cause he's a douche.

There is also one poop related quest per expansion. This is proof that wow is far better than your average MMO.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    So uh.... It's basically hack'n'slash for any non-support class ;___;?

- - - Updated - - -

Also are the quests any fun? I am a bit tired of the "hunt x mobs" all the time in a lot of games.
    Hopefully you rolled horde and can go do one of the first quests in hillsbrad. It involves you sitting on a horse and I won't ruin the experience for you!

Okay I am not quite sure how to react :b I rolled onto pvp server cause why not, also took dark elf and I guess my class was Paladin .-. I would've gone for DK but there was some stupid lvl requirement :I

...But if it's gonna be mostly just killing mobs, like, now I you'll have to kill 30 of this mob, nice job, go for 40 of this mob! I'm gonna get bored quite fast....

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, damn Waker you're going to be good at this game. You're already to the level of hacking in new races.

- - - Updated - - -

As for leveling, you can try leveling with BGs and Dungeons when a high enough level, and that is a huge chunk of quests but they do have a lot of fun random quests around.

Also, your leveling will go faster if you join a high level guild, forgot the level that gets the max XP but you get 10% more xp for being in a high level guild.

Levelling is fast if you specc up as a tank. Get yourself to lvl 15 or so, then just queue up (instant queues for tanks!) for a dungeon when the option unlocks. Running one usually giving you 1-2 levels per dungeon, and you will level so fast that you won't really see any repeated dungeons until you hit lvl 58 or so. It's quite a fun way to level, really. There is a lot of really awesome dungeons in the game.

As for death knight, it is a class that starts out at lvl 55. You don't need to be lvl 55 to play one though; you can play one as your first character if you like. That gives you a rather steep learning curve though, because you get around 20 abilities to relate to within the first our of playing rather than gradually learning them as you get them.

As for quests, some of the quest zones are really awesome in terms of the story they tell. If you are horde I can totally recommend the Stonetalon Mountains and Hillsbrad for some truly memorable quest chains. I also seriously enjoyed Vashjir and the first two zones in pandaria. Other zones still suck donkey, even after the revamp. I still hate the Barrens with the passion of a burning Ragnaros. That said, quests are not for everyone, and most of the quests are admittedly just "go kill X creatures here". These quests are still is a big step up from the vanilla days, where quests were "go kill boars here until they randomly drop their liver (4% drop chance). Oh and I need 80 of them livers". And let's not forget the "go find this guy's dead wife somewhere south of here, probably". We did those quests... and we were HAPPY about doing them, because at some point you just had to go grind random mobs for levelling, because you just ran out of quests completely. The game has improved
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

10+ Year Old Account
    does anyone else find it weird that Waker is on a Wow fansite and has never played wow?

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Well Worg, I was invited to play mafia here so I simply created account to play mafia.

If you guys don't mind answering one more question (I'm scared of other sections of this forum), can I do the following things and how do I modify them?
    -I am used to turning camera without the right click button, would be a lot of easier to press a button to move the mouse rather than to move the camera. Any way to fix?
    -The targeting system feels so hard to use for me. Is there any kind of alternative way to use it? I can't really point out what I mean in detail, but if there is any way to modify how I target stuff it would be nice.

Also yea, blood elf, dark elf, it's the same deal :b

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't be scared of other sections of the forum. Gen OT is a very nice, friendly and welcoming environment.

So is the Asian Music Chat thread over in Chat-Zone!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, I forgot about that :P

following things?

I don't understand this question.

Try hitting Tab to target things

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Don't be scared of other sections of the forum. Gen OT is a very nice, friendly and welcoming environment.

yes, and I'm Boubouille

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Waker:

Camera is bound to the mouse buttons. I do not think there is a way to change this. You can change the camera to follow your toon more or less strongly if you like. All there under settings.
    On the other hand, the WoW camera style is rather common GUI mechanism these days. The last game I remember that tried to be different in this aspect was Neverwinter Nights 2. And it drove me slightly insane as a result

Check what is possible under the camera options in the game menu and game hotkeys.

There are quite a few ways to target things in this game.
    - Automatic: If you have no target and is attacked, you will target that attacker
    - Click: If you click on a unit, you will target that unit
    - Cycle: If you press tab (or shift-tab) you will cycle through available targets. There are some options to this (see the hotkey bindings if you like to use another key, there's a whole panel of these keys, to cycle through various types of targets, or the nearest target), but being a healer I don't really use it so I can't say for sure. Many a raid-wiping mistake has been made by meleers tab-cycling to the wrong target, and breaking some vital CC. So beware of this - mostly it's not a problem though
    - Assist: If you target a friendly unit, and attack, you will target their target. This is very handy for casters, who can usually just target the tank and fireball themselves to bliss.
    - Macros: You can make macros that change targets or cast spells at units which isn't your current target. This is slightly complex; but I for one use this for healing with mouseover. Whatever unit (or unitframe) I hover my mouse over, my newly cast heal will target. Similarly, you can target things by name, or by relation to your current target. You can for example end up casting a spell on your targets target target pet's target this way. Which is horribly useless, but you could.
    - Focus - There is a secondary target frame called the focus window. This is used by a macro: "/focus", which sets your current target as a secondary target. Handy if you want to watch someone in particular. You can also set up macros that target your focus target directly.
    - And of course, there is all the mess with party, battleground and raidframes. A must for healing, really.
    - Health bars: Press 'v' for a slightly different way to see the battlefield. Health bars can be clicked for simple direct targetting. There are some options to how these are displayed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Waker View Post
    Well Worg, I was invited to play mafia here so I simply created account to play mafia.

If you guys don't mind answering one more question (I'm scared of other sections of this forum), can I do the following things and how do I modify them?
    -I am used to turning camera without the right click button, would be a lot of easier to press a button to move the mouse rather than to move the camera. Any way to fix?
    -The targeting system feels so hard to use for me. Is there any kind of alternative way to use it? I can't really point out what I mean in detail, but if there is any way to modify how I target stuff it would be nice.

Also yea, blood elf, dark elf, it's the same deal :b
    I usually hit TAB to target the closest thing to me. I hit it multiple times to cycle through if it didn't hit the right target (and I care enough to hit something else).

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    endgame PvE is pretty much nonexistent, I don't PvP but the PvP in GW2 is basically just one giant karma farm train.
    Do you even GW2? There's a whole new Living Storyline going on right now that is just filled with tons of max level only PvE stuff. Plus Fractals are always entertaining especially at the higher levels. If by talking about Karma training in WvW, you should understand that WvW is not PvP at all and PvP functions quite differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    dibs on Samantha Carter. You should totally have ancient beings (Merlin and Morgana) as the Mods cause they know all!
    The only way I would agree with that is if I got to be either Doctor Fraiser, Ganos Lal, or Vala Mal Doran. Otherwise I'd be the bestest Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    Anakso, you will be Chloe from SGU.

(That abomination of a character and show will not be in the game)
    Oh good.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I want to be Adria
    You would!

Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    I loved Oma (Especially the actress) and I loved the old diner scenes she did with Michael Shanks but I suppose it all depends on Krayzy's timeline.
    The pancake episode is one of my all time favorite episodes

I hated Adria.
    Since the moment she was born I was waiting for her to die.
    :O You just hate everything beautiful don't you?

Leader of a fanatic militant cult with fiery gods and superhuman powers? That's like, my dream come true! I'd even settle for having the powers of Prior!
    No.

10+ Year Old Account

don't listen to anakso, it's a trap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Do you even GW2? There's a whole new Living Storyline going on right now that is just filled with tons of max level only PvE stuff. Plus Fractals are always entertaining especially at the higher levels. If by talking about Karma training in WvW, you should understand that WvW is not PvP at all and PvP functions quite differently.

The only way I would agree with that is if I got to be either Doctor Fraiser, Ganos Lal, or Vala Mal Doran. Otherwise I'd be the bestest Sam.

Oh good.

You would!

The pancake episode is one of my all time favorite episodes

:O You just hate everything beautiful don't you?
    Living Stories are hardly worth being called endgame content if they disappear within a few weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

also waker, pretty much everything in WoW is able to be changed for keybinding. If you don't like the zoom in or out as mousewheel you can change that but basically you'll be using the mouse for the camera, just as most other mmos. The quests can be tedious but there are plenty of ones that are fun. There is one where you get to ride around in a giant ball of death killing thousands of gnomes for instance. If that isn't your idea of fun well then I just don't know what is

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Why do you not want me to be happy..
    Because you sleep all day to avoid me.

Living Stories are hardly worth being called endgame content if they disappear within a few weeks.
    You haven't played in awhile have you? Living story stuff doesn't go away anymore.

NO! That is not why! I sleep all day because I fall asleep when I be sleepy!
    Pfft sleeping when you are sleepy is silly!

also waker, pretty much everything in WoW is able to be changed for keybinding. If you don't like the zoom in or out as mousewheel you can change that but basically you'll be using the mouse for the camera, just as most other mmos. The quests can be tedious but there are plenty of ones that are fun. There is one where you get to ride around in a giant ball of death killing thousands of gnomes for instance. If that isn't your idea of fun well then I just don't know what is
    I guess it takes few days for me to find the correct settings before even starting to play ._.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    You haven't played in awhile have you? Living story stuff doesn't go away anymore.

Pfft sleeping when you are sleepy is silly!
    And here is talk about GW2 and here I am still unable to choose a profession in that game to play... Seriously I play 1 until like 15 then I go play another/make a new one...