Page 4 of 377 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the concept of Lookout, though I didn't get much use for it.

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Keleb, it's rapid wolf.

I don't know about the tracker and lookout, but the Rapid Wolf is fun, the gun fight and that.

Also, about the gunfight, I think we should be able to talk, and only have 1 day to do it? I don't know if the purpose of a gunfight is to be fast or not, but, yeah, you get it?

I read a bit of the dead thread, but I didn't read through all of it, but I agree with what Lysah said on post 60. It most be indeed boring to be a VT, hell, maybe even the other towny roles might be boring.

From what I read from that post, I think the wolves/mafia should be reduced to two people only instead of 3 and make the other two people townies or give them new Town roles, assuming we have around the same amount of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Keleb, it's rapid wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Note: Why the fuck did no one let me know that I was mixing up the spellings of "rapid" and "rabid"? That's it.

Wolf mafia vigilante serial killer cop seer jack JK doctor bomb/PGO VT
    Other roles are largely pointless and flavor. Rabid wolf is an interesting idea but don't really see the point in it, it's just as helpful and harmful to both factions so aside from adding spice to the game it doesn't accomplish much. Lookout/watcher have the potential to be useful but will almost never end up being so. Both of these roles fit better on a scum team.

Most of that is largely irrelevant because the game was ruined by insider trading so there wasn't much use for or need of any town roles whatsoever. This entire game was a wolf consortium that ended up destroying itself, every town player might as well have just stopped checking the thread entirely. Perhaps in a legitimate game these roles would be much more exciting.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Wolf mafia vigilante serial killer cop seer jack JK doctor bomb/PGO VT
    Other roles are largely pointless and flavor. Rabid wolf is an interesting idea but don't really see the point in it, it's just as helpful and harmful to both factions so aside from adding spice to the game it doesn't accomplish much. Lookout/watcher have the potential to be useful but will almost never end up being so. Both of these roles fit better on a scum team.

Most of that is largely irrelevant because the game was ruined by insider trading so there wasn't much use for or need of any town roles whatsoever. This entire game was a wolf consortium that ended up destroying itself, every town player might as well have just stopped checking the thread entirely. Perhaps in a legitimate game these roles would be much more exciting.
    I agree with Lysah on this.

I was disappointed to find out the scum teams were working together. That goes against the spirit of the game and honestly shouldn't be allowed.

One role I'd like to add to Lysah's list is Mason's. They can be overpowered if there are too many of them, but if kept to only a few they are helpful and balanced.
    "STUPID *headdesk* FUCKING *headdesk* SLIP *headslam*! Fuck! FuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK! ~ Dyra"

Oh yeah, masons are okay.
    Random casual stuff now

Out of those roles listed by Lysah I've only managed to get wolf/mafia, SK and cop
    Cop was to much pressure! SK was fun though but I hate being wolf or mafia actually don't think I've been wolf, just mafia.

From memory outside of those I've been VT, Drunk but lasted all of 1 day and a deputy in this game which is basically a VT with a different name since the cop died on the last night and after me, and drunks just a VT but a lot more fun...if I'd got to use it.

I get bomb or VT every game...but those other roles sound fun =p
    Random casual stuff now

You were cop once.

Zero positive investigations that game, doesn't mean a whole lot.
    Random casual stuff now

it happens, you were still a cop once.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    it happens, you were still a cop once.
    You sound upset =p
    Random casual stuff now

Nope, just pointing out something you (probably intentionally) missed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Nope, just pointing out something you (probably intentionally) missed :P
    I didn't win so it doesn't count!
    Random casual stuff now

I think I've only been VT once or something.
    Been Cop, traitor twice, mafia a couple of times (3?), Lookout... Never SK

Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.

Rabid wolf is an interesting idea but don't really see the point in it, it's just as helpful and harmful to both factions so aside from adding spice to the game it doesn't accomplish much.
    This is where the Rabid Wolf would make a difference. Or rather where the lack of GF makes a difference. As a Cop, if I investigate someone and get Town back. They are not Woves/Mafia. So you may more safely make contact with them and create your own mini network. There's still the risk of them being SK, but those have no special interest in killing you and may benefit from you being alive as you hunt down a common enemy.

Lookout/watcher have the potential to be useful but will almost never end up being so. Both of these roles fit better on a scum team.
    Would you like to elaborate on this? Both in how you think they'll rarely be useful and why, and how and why they fit better in a scum team.

Also a question to everyone, what do you think it would take to make a game interesting as a VT?

Oh are we listing roles?

I have been:

VT 5 times (2 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw)
    Jack 3 times (3 wins)
    ME 2 times (2 wins)
    Mafia 2 times (1 win, 1 loss)
    SK 1 time (1 loss)
    Cop 1 time (1 loss)
    Doctor 1 time (1 win)
    Copy Cat 1 time (1 loss)
    Mayor 1 time (1 loss.... still bitter )

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    Oh are we listing roles?

I have been:

VT 5 times (2 wins, 2 losses and 1 draw)
    Jack 3 times (3 wins)
    ME 2 times (2 wins)
    Mafia 2 times (1 win, 1 loss)
    SK 1 time (1 loss)
    Cop 1 time (1 loss)
    Doctor 1 time (1 win)
    Copy Cat 1 time (1 loss)
    Mayor 1 time (1 loss.... still bitter )
    *highfives Kitteh*
    damn op cannibals in that game

I have been...ummm....
    let's see...
    game1 I was cop, win
    game 2 I think was vt, win
    game 3 was seer, win
    game 4 was a vanilla survivor(vt basically), loss
    game 5 was a mafia, loss
    game 6 I was doctor I think, loss(damn op sk's, Arlee and Dyra)
    game 7...hmmm...I can't remember if I started modding here or not
    afterwards it becomes hazy with the game numbers

I remember being a wolf investigator, win
    was a vigilante on an alt account, win
    last game was doc, loss(horrible too)
    just finished game was wolf, loss

I think I got all of em, but may have missed one.

Oh, I did forget the anon games on the other forums. Can't remember my roles those games though :\ I was scum in one, I think I offmodded the first though.

I think VT is more interesting if there is the chance of additional roles.

For example:
    Back-up Doc/Cop: Instead of being assigned at the start of the game, upon the death of the original Cop/Doc. The role is randomly given to a remaining VT. I'd purposely make it weaker if needs be (i.e. every other night or for 1 night only). Though the conditions for deputy can work here too.
    Ghost: (Only 1 VT randomly chosen beforehand, but they don't know they are the ghost) Returns as a ghost for one night to role block anyone if their choice.
    Mayor: (Same condition as the Ghost) Mafia lynch target. Un-night killable (to SKs as well?). Just don't have a badtardised Cop......

Of these, I prefer the Ghost. Last time it was implemented, the Ghosts were a TPR and a Mafian, but I think it should be for VT only.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

*pokes Kitteh*

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 04:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I think VT is more interesting if there is the chance of additional roles.

For example:
    Back-up Doc/Cop: Instead of being assigned at the start of the game, upon the death of the original Cop/Doc. The role is randomly given to a remaining VT. I'd purposely make it weaker if needs be (i.e. every other night or for 1 night only). Though the conditions for deputy can work here too.
    Ghost: (Only 1 VT randomly chosen beforehand, but they don't know they are the ghost) Returns as a ghost for one night to role block anyone if their choice.
    Mayor: (Same condition as the Ghost) Mafia lynch target. Un-night killable (to SKs as well?). Just don't have a badtardised Cop......

Of these, I prefer the Ghost. Last time it was implemented, the Ghosts were a TPR and a Mafian, but I think it should be for VT only.
    the bastard cop was basically to cover a big mistake Foxxi made. She wasn't banking on Ana(I think it was him) checking you night one which basically would've killed the game there. I think she meant to not even have a cop, but I can't remember at this point.