Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I should have guessed, no one from Hawaii actually plays mafia. It was so obvious!
    You couldn't recognize a fellow Aussie? You should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelle View Post
    Oh I thought it was some kinda Obama joke reference thing, especially with "The Donald" doing so well in the republican nomination race.
    You are much too wise.

My game is ready to go and I'm ready to go. But there are tons of people in the list before me.
    Mine is more or less ready to go as well. I would just a need a few days warning before to make sure everything is put together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Largehorn View Post
    Mine is more or less ready to go as well. I would just a need a few days warning before to make sure everything is put together.
    Well if your not ready to go at the end of Arlee's game, I can....and that's if no one else is ready to go, there are many before us.

Deleted
    Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3

Hello everyone, it’s that time of the year again

I am making this post with the hopes that your community would be interested in participating in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship. It will be bigger and more epic than ever before. As some of you may recall, Silkku/Blood fox repped you guys in Season 1, and Robozerim took over the reigns in Season 2.

This year we’re expanding once again; 136 communities will be invited to participate, making this not only the biggest Mafia event ever, but also the largest cross-forum event in the history of the Internet. We’ve also moved the venue to Mafia Universe, a new site created largely because of this series.

Are you interested?

As always, how you decide your representative is completely up to you. To guarantee your community a spot in Season 3 of the Mafia Championship, I will need to know of your community's interest within the next week (until April 4th). Following this, you will have an additional two weeks to decide your nominee (until April 18th). Additionally, it would be a very good idea to also name an alternate.

Remember that your representative needs to be prepared to deal with a lot of activity. Expect at least upwards of 500 posts per 24 hours during the early stages of the game. The representative needs to not only be able to read all this, but should also at least be able to manage making 10+ posts per day phase.

Season 3 Specifics

• 136 different communities are invited to participate. If some decline the invitation, I may opt to allow larger communities an additional nominee.
    • 8 Qualifying Games will be played with 17 players each.
    • 2 players advance to the Finale Game from each game based on post-game votes.
    • 1 Wildcard Game will be played (Wildcards are decided by a jury consisting of former finalists), determining the 17th and final spot in the Finale. Runner-ups in this game will be first in line to replace any finalists who may have to drop out.

Season 3 Timeline & Important Dates

The first Qualifying Game is set to start April 25th. Additional games will take place in the 1-3 months following. I will create a Doodle and find out the best times to start the various games so that preferably everyone gets to play during a time that suits them well.

In addition to this, it is also a priority to ensure as much as possible that all the players in any given game has no prior history of playing with each other to ensure a level playing field (but I cannot 100% guarantee that this won’t happen).

Season 3 Game Design & Setup

For each season, we’ve changed it up. This time, we’re doing something new again!

The setup is called Matrix12 and is inspired by mafiascum’s popular Matrix6 setup, if any of you are familiar with that. In short, the concept is that there are 12 different possible setups and the host randomizes which one is used. The players know what setups are available, but not which one will be used!

More on the setup here: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/...on-3-Format%29

Regarding lynch mechanics: There will be a deadline each day phase, and the person with the most votes at the end of the day is lynched, unless a majority has already been reached before then, in which case the day ends prematurely.

Days will last 36 hours and nights 12 hours, meaning 48 hours (2 days) per game day. With one exception: The weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) will be one game day (so day will be 60 hours and night 12 hours on weekends).

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hate you, Thingyman. You come around each year and remind me that I've been here forever and that I'm old and dying. <3

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I really hate you, Thingyman. You come around each year and remind me that I've been here forever and that I'm old and dying. <3
    Good, because you are!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
    Good, because you are!
    I literally just killed myself.

Something.

Quote Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
    Invitation to The Mafia Championship Season 3
    I nominate Robozerim again.

Them mafia asstards pushed a lynch on him on D1 last year, and just because Robozerim was a mafia scum himself doesn't excuse it. He needs a revenge opportunity.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I literally just killed myself.
    Don't be like that bebe!

10+ Year Old Account
    The master of all has returned! Bow down before you king!

Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Thou shallnt do no such thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crackleslap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Impostor View Post
    Thou shallnt do no such thing!
    You sure you don't have Dissociative identity disorder?!?!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lellybaby View Post
    You sure you don't have Dissociative identity disorder?!?!?
    Would explain the whole "The Impostor" thing. The Impostor is my other personality! He's bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    I nominate Robozerim again.

Me too. Even though I feel like nominating someone for this is like a punishment, I read three of last years games and its enough to put you off playing mafia for life.

Can we nominate a small handful of people to play as one person? I feel like if we could combine the skills of multiple players, we'd make other people in those games cry.

- - - Updated - - -

Although, to be fair, just sending Blood Fox might be enough to make them cry.

Well hydra's are actuall pretty common in other communities. (obviously not all)

10+ Year Old Account
    I nominate Kel. They'll never know what hit them, or what's going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Well hydra's are actuall pretty common in other communities. (obviously not all)
    It's common in some communities for multiple people to play 1 role? We had something like that happen when (I think falbacca?) started, or someone like that. One of the veterans (either Arlee or worg I think) didn't play for a game and basically showed her how to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    It's common in some communities for multiple people to play 1 role? We had something like that happen when (I think falbacca?) started, or someone like that. One of the veterans (either Arlee or worg I think) didn't play for a game and basically showed her how to play.
    I think it was Greeney and I thought it was a neat idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it was Greeney and I thought it was a neat idea.
    Yep as a teaching device it's a pretty good way to go about it if someone is willing to do the teaching. And Greeney seems right, I don't really remember the names just that it happened xD