1. #1801
    Mechagnome Rollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    510
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Point two is bad. People change votes to put pressure on people and then they might want to change to someone else or just to unvote because the person they voted on RC cop or something, and not being able to change your vote is a pretty horrible idea.

    Four is like, whatever?
    I'd rather see rule 2 being "you can only unvote by placing another vote." That way there is never people lacking votes. That would also solve the issue of rule 1. But that's all solved with rule 4. So...
    wyrd bið ful aræd

  2. #1802
    I guess that would definitely work, Rollo.

  3. #1803
    Best Kitten Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,337
    Dyra got so lucky by randoming a Traitor with her recruit on Night 1. I mean, the Town spent days and days lynching and didn't manage to get a single Traitor despite the fact that the Mafia wasn't able to know who they are and protect them either (well, only one at a time).
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  4. #1804
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I really thought you didn't realize how mafia works on this site. Meh, glad you got to live a game, won't feel guilty when I lynch/kill you now.
    I actually didnt! I was afraid that might have gotten me lynched.

    And bring it on

    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    He was a new player who probably had no clue what he was supposed to do.

    I think killing Treann was a dumb move (though I probably was in on the push for it). He was playing exactly how he played every game prior to that and the town should have realized that scum were most likely taking advantage of that.

    As for Hypermode, I'm guessing something either came up or he got pissed off at all the stuff that was being said in the game thread about how the doctor played. He honestly didn't play bad. He just got WIFOM'd. Those that were part of the town were unnecessarily jumping on the doctor for how he played. The scum were doing it in hopes of getting the doctor to out himself.
    Treann needs to learn a new playstyle. Maybe posting odd thoughts here and there but this lurking and voting for himself doesn't help anybody.

    Hypermode should have protected the cop no matter what. WIFOMing with something so powerful was a massive risk, to big a risk I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't have plans to mod again right now but, like I said in the game thread, I'll be happy to host a game similar to this one again in the future sometime. I think I skipped like 4 people in line to host my game now so there should still be plenty of games left before we need another mod.

    It seems like most people thought it was fun so that's all the encouragement I need =p
    I had fun of course, but im biased from being on the winning team. I think it was a well thought out mafia and I enjoyed being able to just play the people instead of night actions determining the game. Even if i didn't play the best

    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Dyra got so lucky by randoming a Traitor with her recruit on Night 1. I mean, the Town spent days and days lynching and didn't manage to get a single Traitor despite the fact that the Mafia wasn't able to know who they are and protect them either (well, only one at a time).
    Ya but you'll notice after they recruited me we spent ages trying to find someone else on top of killing Rollo, a traitor :P

    But they did indeed get lucky in picking me to join their team.
    ElyPop: I don't look good with a beard, come out looking like a fashionable gay terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by silkku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3 View Post
    Also, how do I know whether someone got my return pm?
    Arlee will come over to your house to personally tell you the message has been delivered. Why do you think our mods are always so busy?

  5. #1805
    Blademaster Virothe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    Yeah, after that the next vote on you was Virothe, when I did my "LOL VIROTHE OUR HERO" post in the Mafia thread.
    To be fair, I was fairly sure Ommer was town just based off Kray voting for him, and I don't know why but I knew kray was scum from fairly early on in the game. But I needed a valid enough reason to vote on him, and near the end the "Lets just get it over with" play was good enough. The next day I was going to push for an En lynch pretty hard, because I thought she was town and it would have been a fun lynch to try and get /shrug

  6. #1806
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    Ya but you'll notice after they recruited me we spent ages trying to find someone else on top of killing Rollo, a traitor :P

    But they did indeed get lucky in picking me to join their team.
    I trusted in the random number generator. I'm usually player number 4 as well. :3

    Did you notice you performed every kill in this game?

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  7. #1807
    Field Marshal Krayzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Idaho, PotatoLandUSA
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I trusted in the random number generator. I'm usually player number 4 as well. :3

    Did you notice you performed every kill in this game?
    Yeah I was lazy and just kept going with Celtic once I took over your thread. Figured I'd use him until he failed.
    "STUPID *headdesk* FUCKING *headdesk* SLIP *headslam*! Fuck! FuckfuckfuckfuckfuckFUCK! ~ Dyra"

  8. #1808
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    101
    I am the Ginga Ninja! Killing enemies left right and centre in revenge for being killed night one last game
    ElyPop: I don't look good with a beard, come out looking like a fashionable gay terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by silkku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3 View Post
    Also, how do I know whether someone got my return pm?
    Arlee will come over to your house to personally tell you the message has been delivered. Why do you think our mods are always so busy?

  9. #1809
    High Overlord listo95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Manassas, VA
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post
    I am the Ginga Ninja! Killing enemies left right and centre in revenge for being killed night one last game
    But you didn't kill me! So I assume I shall still be on the list?

  10. #1810
    High Overlord Celtic209's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    But you didn't kill me! So I assume I shall still be on the list?
    Actually I think i pushed to kill you the night after i was recruited but we went with rollo instead. I was thinking that people wouldn't suspect me of killing you so soon

    But in all seriousness mate there isn't a list

    >.>
    <.<
    >.>
    ElyPop: I don't look good with a beard, come out looking like a fashionable gay terrorist
    Quote Originally Posted by silkku View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix3 View Post
    Also, how do I know whether someone got my return pm?
    Arlee will come over to your house to personally tell you the message has been delivered. Why do you think our mods are always so busy?

  11. #1811
    tha irsishman killing people? you don't say!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." -Friedrich Nietzsche

  12. #1812
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic209 View Post

    Hypermode should have protected the cop no matter what. WIFOMing with something so powerful was a massive risk, to big a risk I thought.
    As I understand it, Hypermode was barely playing at all. I mean, several nights he didnt even use a night action on anyone.


    Bread is the paper of the food industry.
    You write your sandwich on it.



  13. #1813
    ... so many half-baked mafia game ideas in my head.
    All of which are terrible.
    One of which has the premise: "This is a full bastard mod game. Everything I say after this post, until the end of the game, except for player names and day/night end times, will be a lie."
    And that is not the dumbest.
    Call to arms, the trumpets sound
    Hand puppets storm the base, flags up now cannons rage
    All clowns head for the rear, slingshots fire to the air
    Toy horses start the charge, Robot chessmen standing guard
    Crossfire to the marionettes, Slip into the edge of death...

  14. #1814
    Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    One of which has the premise: "This is a full bastard mod game. Everything I say after this post, until the end of the game, except for player names and day/night end times, will be a lie."
    Sounds a bit fun, but I also think that it will be really hard for the mod.

  15. #1815
    Meh... if you tell them everything you say is a lie then you might as well be telling the truth because there is no difficulty. Bastardization games only work if no one knows the game is bastardized to start with and then it becomes a race to see who figures it out first.

  16. #1816
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Meh... if you tell them everything you say is a lie then you might as well be telling the truth because there is no difficulty. Bastardization games only work if no one knows the game is bastardized to start with and then it becomes a race to see who figures it out first.
    *cough cough*

  17. #1817
    I am Murloc! Firebert's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Dat Ingurlund, brrrrrap
    Posts
    5,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    *cough cough*
    Brb, 21 mafia.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/1 | Mafia: 0/5/5 | TPR: 0/2/2
    SK: 0/1/1 | VT: 1.5/3.5/5 | Cult: 1/0/1
    Legendary Overlooked

  18. #1818
    Fluffy Kitten Dyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Fording the Ox
    Posts
    1,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Brb, 21 mafia.
    21 Mafia and Treann

    A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

  19. #1819
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    *cough cough*
    /pats Worgen on the back

    You ok man? You know you shouldn't try to breath and drink at the same time.



  20. #1820

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •