Page 5 of 834 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Minus the mafia roles I'd like your luck with roles!
    Honestly I wouldn't mind being a traitor as much as being a mafia, as long as I don't get NK straight away and converted I think trying to turn my self into a target would be fun.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:58 PM ----------

I think we've not seen it before this game Keleb because it's a bad idea!
    Majad got killed because the other wolf team knew for a fact he was a wolf and turned on him for the win, had they not known then it would have been a chance and Majad would have still had a shot If you try and alliance the first team to traitor the others will win, or town will win as they both gut each other out of vengeance depending how many of them town takes out and how many town the wolfs take out before one back stabs the other
    It never happened before b/c it's more likely the wolves would betray each other rather than ally together. It technically happened one game, but in a much smaller scale. The game where we had the wolf trackers or w/e they were called, I had allied with Foxxi who was on the other team and we planned a few kills, but nothing of this magnitude :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, the rabid/rapid wolf had interesting flavor. My only issue with it was the way night was interrupted abruptly. I realize its part of the flavor that in the middle of the night the town is woken up and must decide amongst the din of combat (without talking publicly), but that doesn't have to mean our actual forum night needs to be interrupted. When I see a deadline for night ending at 8pm my time, I'll rarely check the forum for additional posts (ill only get on to check my notifications). If we include that role again, maybe we should keep the night ending deadline the same. Whn that time hits, night is "interrupted" with the battle. That way we know that at a specific time, the game will be going again. Sticking to these times is really important imo on a forum with international users. Or even better. Instead of a forum breakout for the gun battle, why not send a notification to everyone asking who they help. They get 1 help vote with no unhelping, and we have no public knowledge of others helping. If it ends in a tie, both people die.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    Also, the rabid/rapid wolf had interesting flavor. My only issue with it was the way night was interrupted abruptly. I realize its part of the flavor that in the middle of the night the town is woken up and must decide amongst the din of combat (without talking publicly), but that doesn't have to mean our actual forum night needs to be interrupted. When I see a deadline for night ending at 8pm my time, I'll rarely check the forum for additional posts (ill only get on to check my notifications). If we include that role again, maybe we should keep the night ending deadline the same. Whn that time hits, night is "interrupted" with the battle. That way we know that at a specific time, the game will be going again. Sticking to these times is really important imo on a forum with international users. Or even better. Instead of a forum breakout for the gun battle, why not send a notification to everyone asking who they help. They get 1 help vote with no unhelping, and we have no public knowledge of others helping. If it ends in a tie, both people die.
    As far as I can remember, the gun fight lasted for 1 day? If so, that's plenty of time to just type Help/Unhelp [person's name].

Quote Originally Posted by keleb View Post
    Another option that I've been thinking of is having each VT have a small frivolous role, much like the town drunk was intended to be.
    You could try a themed game which could sort of accomplish the same thing depending, not sure how many people would want to participate though. There was the guy in the discussion thread who said he'd done it before.

Edit:
    This is the discussion thread. See, easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I'm not very experienced in this but, like I said before, I agree with Lysah on the VT roles being boring.

The idea that Keleb gave, of them watching a movie and if you're watching a horror movie you'll be able to scare away the assassin. If we use this, there should be atleast 4 movies that a person can watch and you can only watch a movie once, like you can only watch one horror movie then you can't do it anymore.

The problem with this is, that once you use a movie that scares the assassin away, what will the other movies do? Wake up the Town and a start a gunfight? Will it give us some kind of info or something? I like the idea but it's pretty damn flawed...
    I think you misunderstood me. The townie won't know that watching a horror movie helps. After watching a horror movie three times in a row with all the TPR that may prevent NK they might come to that conclusion but he won't know for sure. You only get a night action but you do not know the effect of it.

Perhaps watching a romantic drama on a night you get a visit from an assassin (or perhaps cop/doc as well) will have the visiting person "reveal themselves as just any visitor, come sit watch the movie with you, you fall desperately in love with each other and decides to flee town settling on a small farm in Siberia. The rest of the town will only get the message that the two of you are missing, and nothing about your roles. They won't know anything else until the game is ended.

Perhaps watching a horror movie will make you unable to sleep until day breaks so that you sleep the whole day away, not being able to talk in the game thread or vote. Perhaps there'll be no effect on the game from any of the movies. You won't know until the game ends.

The purpose would be giving the VT something more to do without dramatically increasing their power. Their power will be random (since they don't know what it is) but have the sense of some control to make them feel they have a meaning.

Another VT special role might be an amateur baker. Each day you may pick a pastry and give to someone. The effects might be that the person you gave it to gets a message "You received a small lemon cookie from X, you feel happy" or the person you gave the cake to might die two nights later because you accidentally used arsenic instead of baking soda or perhaps nothing at all will happen.

That nothing happens will be the most common thing, but that something MIGHT happen should be what makes your role a bit more exciting.

About the Scum. I think, if there's more than one Scum team, there shouldn't be 3 scums in each team, like I previously said. It's very unbalanced and that was pretty obvious in this game. I agree that we should give VT a power, or reduce VT and put new roles that are more interesting, after all, they are still VT, just with a little power.

Assuming we have 20 people. There should be 3 scum teams(using the same layout for the last game (19)).

One team of Sk consisting of 2 people(maybe just 1(I doubt that would be fun though)), two teams of Wolfs/Mafia consisting of two people only and the rest are either VTs or some VTs with power, or the rest are all VTs with some kind of power.

What does everyone think?
    How many teams and how many in each team will ofc depend on how many there is in a game. The SK will probably be reduced to one before a Mafia/Wolf team is reduced to two due to the power of the SKs special role and inability to be spotted by cop/seer. A lone SK is more powerful than a lone goon/wolf.

About three teams. I'm not not stuck with that thought that you seem to be (saying "should be 3 scum teams"), I like there to be 3 scum teams. But depending on the setup it might not be the best. The more scum teams there are, the more scum there needs to be in total, as scum will kill each other making it slightly harder. I'm in favour of having many VT. I think they should make up the core of a game. But also like I mentioned in a post above, in some games the turnout has been that they didn't like not getting a PR and lurked or perhaps not played at all because they found the game uninteresting (or for some other reason). Another problem with many scum teams and higher % of number of scum is that it reduces the number of VTs. That might not at first seem like a negative, but the fewer VTs you have, the harder it is for scum to hide. What role should they claim should there be a mass claim?

Seeing some other comments makes me think that we should perhaps try a game with just 1 mafia team, 1 doc, 1 cop and rest VTs (which might number more than 10 in that case, might be a way. See if people like it with VTs making up a good part of the.

My only issue with it was the way night was interrupted abruptly. I realize its part of the flavor that in the middle of the night the town is woken up and must decide amongst the din of combat (without talking publicly), but that doesn't have to mean our actual forum night needs to be interrupted. When I see a deadline for night ending at 8pm my time, I'll rarely check the forum for additional posts (ill only get on to check my notifications).
    [...]
    That way we know that at a specific time, the game will be going again. Sticking to these times is really important imo on a forum with international users.
    Night ends when all night actions are posted, similar to day ending when someone has reached the required number of votes. If that happens 30 min after nightfall or 15 hours doesn't really matter. As soon as all night actions are done, mods wills start the game. Was like that through all of the last two games, and most if not all of the previous games. There's been times when mod has held making it day off for some hours to not give something away about time zones (Say only players in Australia and America are left and night falls when Australia is sleeping, All Night Actions are done by Americans and the night could end before Australians are awake. Mods won't start the game until it's morning in Australia.

Or even better. Instead of a forum breakout for the gun battle, why not send a notification to everyone asking who they help. They get 1 help vote with no unhelping, and we have no public knowledge of others helping. If it ends in a tie, both people die.
    Yea, this might be an idea should we have the role again. it makes the voting private though, for good or bad.

As far as I can remember, the gun fight lasted for 1 day? If so, that's plenty of time to just type Help/Unhelp [person's name].
    I put it up for 12 hours. That was because I started it at about 16-17 CET iirc (can't bother looking now). Only Europeans and Americans where left in the game and 12 hours would give Europeans all afternoon and whole evening (and most of the night) to post. Americans would have whole day and evening (and some part of night if you're on east coast). As there were to be no talking and discussion you only needed to read it, think about it for a few min on who you found most believable and then vote as a minimum, time taken 10-15 min. I thought all would be able to do that in those 12 hours. It was extended another 6 hours I think because of the unconscious people.

---------- Post added 2012-10-30 at 06:45 PM ----------

Yey for wall of text!

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually like the pm the mods to help during a gunfight. It removes the posting out of confusion and it keeps things secret, meaning like with my case, I couldn't influence the vote like I did. I started with Krayzy but realized people would think "Worg's either scum or very devious" and wouldn't vote with me. So I switched to Arlee knowing that her team probably would've voted for her and the town would've seen this and helped Krayzy.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    I think you misunderstood me. The townie won't know that watching a horror movie helps. After watching a horror movie three times in a row with all the TPR that may prevent NK they might come to that conclusion but he won't know for sure. You only get a night action but you do not know the effect of it.

Perhaps watching a romantic drama on a night you get a visit from an assassin (or perhaps cop/doc as well) will have the visiting person "reveal themselves as just any visitor, come sit watch the movie with you, you fall desperately in love with each other and decides to flee town settling on a small farm in Siberia. The rest of the town will only get the message that the two of you are missing, and nothing about your roles. They won't know anything else until the game is ended.

Perhaps watching a horror movie will make you unable to sleep until day breaks so that you sleep the whole day away, not being able to talk in the game thread or vote. Perhaps there'll be no effect on the game from any of the movies. You won't know until the game ends.

The purpose would be giving the VT something more to do without dramatically increasing their power. Their power will be random (since they don't know what it is) but have the sense of some control to make them feel they have a meaning.

Another VT special role might be an amateur baker. Each day you may pick a pastry and give to someone. The effects might be that the person you gave it to gets a message "You received a small lemon cookie from X, you feel happy" or the person you gave the cake to might die two nights later because you accidentally used arsenic instead of baking soda or perhaps nothing at all will happen.

That nothing happens will be the most common thing, but that something MIGHT happen should be what makes your role a bit more exciting.
    I still it's a pretty flawed idea, it's good, but flawed. I don't see why you would remove two people from the game if a VT was watching a romantic/drama movie, I know that the odds are pretty slim for you to be watching that movie and getting targeted by scum, still, it's the same thing as dying since you won't be playing either way. Sure, it might give the game a bit more of flavour, but that's really not the point nor do I consider it some kind of power, atleast the romantic/drama movie.

The horror movie is a good idea, but making the person, who watched it, stay asleep through the entire day, isn't a good idea, especially if the day phase lasts for two days, real time. It should be reduced to half the time, still, I don't know if it would work considering some people could/might lurk and this effect would be nullified or have no purpose.

The bake idea is nice. If that role is implemented, there should be a scum role that specifically puts poison in the baker's food, without his/her knowledge, just to make it more significant? I don't know, this is a good idea, if you want it to be explored more tell me and I'll try to figure something out of it.

How many teams and how many in each team will ofc depend on how many there is in a game. The SK will probably be reduced to one before a Mafia/Wolf team is reduced to two due to the power of the SKs special role and inability to be spotted by cop/seer. A lone SK is more powerful than a lone goon/wolf.

About three teams. I'm not not stuck with that thought that you seem to be (saying "should be 3 scum teams"), I like there to be 3 scum teams. But depending on the setup it might not be the best. The more scum teams there are, the more scum there needs to be in total, as scum will kill each other making it slightly harder. I'm in favour of having many VT. I think they should make up the core of a game. But also like I mentioned in a post above, in some games the turnout has been that they didn't like not getting a PR and lurked or perhaps not played at all because they found the game uninteresting (or for some other reason). Another problem with many scum teams and higher % of number of scum is that it reduces the number of VTs. That might not at first seem like a negative, but the fewer VTs you have, the harder it is for scum to hide. What role should they claim should there be a mass claim?

Seeing some other comments makes me think that we should perhaps try a game with just 1 mafia team, 1 doc, 1 cop and rest VTs (which might number more than 10 in that case, might be a way. See if people like it with VTs making up a good part of the.
    I just said 3 teams if we have 20 people or close to it or a bit more. Obviously if we have 10 people, it'd be best if there was only 1 scum team(SK or wolfs/mafia) consisting of two people only and the rest would be VT and 1 cop and 1 doc, like you said.

I put it up for 12 hours. That was because I started it at about 16-17 CET iirc (can't bother looking now). Only Europeans and Americans where left in the game and 12 hours would give Europeans all afternoon and whole evening (and most of the night) to post. Americans would have whole day and evening (and some part of night if you're on east coast). As there were to be no talking and discussion you only needed to read it, think about it for a few min on who you found most believable and then vote as a minimum, time taken 10-15 min. I thought all would be able to do that in those 12 hours. It was extended another 6 hours I think because of the unconscious people.
    12 hours? If it's 12 hours, I think it's enough time for people to think and just type help or unhelp or not vote at all. Also, there should be a vote for a person that doesn't want to help or unhelp or are you forced to help someone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea, this might be an idea should we have the role again. it makes the voting private though, for good or bad.
    It doesn't have to be a secret at the end of the battle. Everyone left alive and not in the battle would be prompted to send their help vote in a pm to the mod(s). You get one vote and one vote alone, so make sure it's a good one. If you want to talk about it with others, you'd need to pm them or talk in the quicktopics. Mod waits til deadline or until all voters cast their help. Mods then make their story (I really liked the flavor Keleb added with that) and include who helps who. So we will end up finding out who does what, but we won't have the juggle we did.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

I still it's a pretty flawed idea, it's good, but flawed. I don't see why you would remove two people from the game if a VT was watching a romantic/drama movie, I know that the odds are pretty slim for you to be watching that movie and getting targeted by scum, still, it's the same thing as dying since you won't be playing either way. Sure, it might give the game a bit more of flavour, but that's really not the point nor do I consider it some kind of power, atleast the romantic/drama movie.

The horror movie is a good idea, but making the person, who watched it, stay asleep through the entire day, isn't a good idea, especially if the day phase lasts for two days, real time. It should be reduced to half the time, still, I don't know if it would work considering some people could/might lurk and this effect would be nullified or have no purpose.

The bake idea is nice. If that role is implemented, there should be a scum role that specifically puts poison in the baker's food, without his/her knowledge, just to make it more significant? I don't know, this is a good idea, if you want it to be explored more tell me and I'll try to figure something out of it.
    You're focusing to much on the actual abilities. None of those would appear in a game in the way described. The point is a small ability that might be useful (perhaps only one of ten VT will have an ability that actually might do something and then only one of that VTs four abilities might do something, which might be a simple flavour PM from mod to a player and only if a certain condition is fulfilled. This is one extreme, I think that at most, 50% of the VTs would have an ability that would trigger at an average of 15% each night. At that level there'd be roughly 55% chance that a VT ability (that might just be frivolous) happened a given night if there are 10 VTs.

The point of it, is it worth for mod to spend time on creating these roles. Do you think it will make playing VT more interesting and/or fullfilling?

Also, there should be a vote for a person that doesn't want to help or unhelp or are you forced to help someone?
    There was no need to vote. The intermission phase would end once someone reach majority. If majority wasn't there at the deadline for some reason, the one having most votes at deadline would have won (and the first one to reach that number if equal).

10+ Year Old Account
    You're focusing to much on the actual abilities. None of those would appear in a game in the way described. The point is a small ability that might be useful (perhaps only one of ten VT will have an ability that actually might do something and then only one of that VTs four abilities might do something, which might be a simple flavour PM from mod to a player and only if a certain condition is fulfilled. This is one extreme, I think that at most, 50% of the VTs would have an ability that would trigger at an average of 15% each night. At that level there'd be roughly 55% chance that a VT ability (that might just be frivolous) happened a given night if there are 10 VTs.

The point of it, is it worth for mod to spend time on creating these roles. Do you think it will make playing VT more interesting and/or fullfilling?

There was no need to vote. The intermission phase would end once someone reach majority. If majority wasn't there at the deadline for some reason, the one having most votes at deadline would have won (and the first one to reach that number if equal).
    So, I like the idea of a random goodie for Vts, but I feel it has to be a small chance, like 5-10% decided by an RNG roll (like do 1-100 and if it's 1-5 or 1-10, they proc their bonus) to keep it in check. You could then theoretically give them some very over powered bonuses too that, due to the small proc, will rarely, if ever, happen. It keeps the role a bit more on the entertaining side, but still keeps that "my vote is really the only thing I can rely on" feel of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rabid Wolf seemed like an interesting concept, I liked it. And the idea of VT's having smaller roles will probably keep people more interested. Just as long as they aren't too overpowered.
    Last edited by Rigimi44; 2012-10-30 at 08:04 PM.
    Formerly The Dwarf Lover (TDL)

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    So, I like the idea of a random goodie for Vts, but I feel it has to be a small chance, like 5-10% decided by an RNG roll (like do 1-100 and if it's 1-5 or 1-10, they proc their bonus) to keep it in check. You could then theoretically give them some very over powered bonuses too that, due to the small proc, will rarely, if ever, happen. It keeps the role a bit more on the entertaining side, but still keeps that "my vote is really the only thing I can rely on" feel of it.
    The fact that the VT won't know if they have a functional ability and if they do have such an ability, they don't know which one it is, will act as making it the same as random activation but give a sense of comtrol. What is your definition of overpowered ability? A random scum dies? A random townie is resurrected? If such an ability would be given to five VTs and have a 5% chance to activate it would happen once in five days in avg. Is that what you had in mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact that the VT won't know if they have a functional ability and if they do have such an ability, they don't know which one it is, will act as making it the same as random activation but give a sense of comtrol. What is your definition of overpowered ability? A random scum dies? A random townie is resurrected? If such an ability would be given to five VTs and have a 5% chance to activate it would happen once in five days in avg. Is that what you had in mind?
    Well, that once in 5 days is if the chance added up over time. It's like when reading about droprates in wow people will be like "DERP 1/100 means if you kill something 100 times, you'll get it! HERP" when in reality, it's 1/100 every time. I'm sure you know this, I'm just making sure. It would average out that way, but it's likely we won't see it at all in a game, but yeah, something like that would be ok since most games only last 4-6 days anyways. I don't know though, you were talking about watching movies, maybe you could say during the movie the townie got up for a bathroom break and came back to see the killer enter the room. They have an epic fight and the townie comes out victorious. Or maybe they fight off the intruder but saw their face so they can say next day "hey, I was attacked by Silkku last night!" I like the resurrect idea as well, like one random dead player, could be town, could be scum so 5% chance becomes even less as you could potentially help the scum. Not sure how it would be worked in though as if a scum was brought back, the town would know to kill em again and likewise for a townie. Also, the access to the dead thread would be an issue as well. So maybe not resurrection, but maybe a chance to have their vote count as two the next day? /shrug, a lot of ideas can be thought up :3

15+ Year Old Account
    I never did get to participate in the closed or semi closed format that occurred someone's ago. That sounded really fun and I think it was a great concept. Any chances people would be up for it again? The coroner was an interesting role as well. I'd like to see a spy role as well maybe. Spy would be town affiliated, possibly NK immunity x1, but is able to discern anyone and everyone's roles. Maybe make it so the spy would have to watch someone twice to get their role. First watch would be affiliation (town or scum), second would be role. In the case of the scum, it wouldn't necessarily be strongman SK or gf/alpha specific, but would be mafia/wolf/SK. A class like that would need a longer game though, so maybe a day and a night spy for them.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

Well, that once in 5 days is if the chance added up over time. It's like when reading about droprates in wow people will be like "DERP 1/100 means if you kill something 100 times, you'll get it! HERP" when in reality, it's 1/100 every time. I'm sure you know this, I'm just making sure. It would average out that way, but it's likely we won't see it at all in a game, but yeah, something like that would be ok since most games only last 4-6 days anyways.
    Yea, I know, about 22.6% chance it happen at least once on a given day (1 - (.95^5)) which honestly is closer to once in four days than once in five. Note that I don't say that it will have happened after four days, but it will happen once in four days (on average). After 5 days, it is a 72.2% that it has happened at least once.

I don't know though, you were talking about watching movies, maybe you could say during the movie the townie got up for a bathroom break and came back to see the killer enter the room. They have an epic fight and the townie comes out victorious. Or maybe they fight off the intruder but saw their face so they can say next day "hey, I was attacked by Silkku last night!"
    Like I said, could be a number of different abilities and the same effect could be from a several amount of abilities which in turn are from several amount of roles. A role I've been thinking of that might be way to powerful though is Chuck Norris. Another perhaps not as overpowered, but might still be powerful would be Steven Hawking. Creating roles and abilities isn't really hard and one can go on forever thinking up new roles and abilities.

I like the resurrect idea as well, like one random dead player, could be town, could be scum so 5% chance becomes even less as you could potentially help the scum. Not sure how it would be worked in though as if a scum was brought back, the town would know to kill em again and likewise for a townie. Also, the access to the dead thread would be an issue as well. So maybe not resurrection, but maybe a chance to have their vote count as two the next day? /shrug, a lot of ideas can be thought up :3
    Yea, resurrection has some flaws. The way you write about it though brings me to believe that you might enjoy another thing I had considered. I won't write more as the success of it depends a bit on no one knowing the details of it (and only those playing will know). (Obvious cliffhanger warning! ).

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    [IMG]

Perhaps I should do it a few more times and you can build a house out of them

Game 20 ended. At the end there was some discussion on the topic of playing for/against your own goals. Some gave up, then came back, someone else gave, then the first gave up again. And there were a few thing that annoyed both me and others. Looking at the last night. Game might still have turned Dyra's way had she decided to kill Eniah or Silkku instead of committing suicide if there hadn't been a role claim earlier. Had Silkku decided to kill Dyra instead, the town could have won by voting him out. It may seem unlikely, but then people sometimes to unlikely things. They get a hunch of something and decide to do something different and the game turns around. The thought behind is that it makes the game (at least from my p.o.v.) end in a bit of anti-climax.

On the other hand, to quote someone from the dead thread:
    "it's their own fault if they don't realize they still have a chance"

Is it a problem? Should it be forbidden to role claim a scum role? Should it be forbidden to vote yourself? Should it just be clearly stated that you should always play towards your factions goal? What should be the action if such a rule is not followed? Should nothing be done?

Other things that came up is the VT activity. Personally I think it has improved a bit to what it has been, but it can also improve. There has been some suggestions and this game introduced a flaw - Blood Thirst - for VTs to "force" a lynch and make people more active. Its success could be discussed. There was a lot of thoughts in the game about the effects to meta-game. As the game progressed there was less focus in the thread about it. I do not think it was a failure to introduce the BT, but I think it could have been said before hand so that people knew about it and could do the meta-talk outside the game. For future games, I think that one BT might be enough as well, but that it should still target only town aligned players. Do you have your own idea of things that might increase activity? I have an option that I will post later in the thread.

Another thing mentioned in the dead thread that touches the same subject (of lynching) would be to have the one with the highest number of votes lynched if no one reaches a majority of votes. What do you think of this? What do you think are the advantages and drawbacks? Should there be a minimum amount of votes or is one vote sufficient?

It has to be asked - would you have NKed yourself after a Silkku lynch, Dyra? That's the only way I would have believed your "I just don't want the SK to win" stuff, otherwise, it was just a strategy to get the town to vote for him - the same strategy he used on you in the end.

To that I say WP mafia WP SK.

10+ Year Old Account
    The last bit: What if there were two people with an equal number of votes? I can see that being possibly abused. The town lately has rarely been focusing on anyone on day one or two and the mafia could kinda influence voting just enough to where someone they want dead at the end would be lynched.

And we lost, boooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by Loaf; 2012-11-20 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH the idea of suiciding didn't occur to me until after they decided to go for the No-Lynch. So yes I would have won myself the game if Silkku had been lynched.

Silkku himself can confirm that I really didn't want the SK to win after I mistakenly PMed him my plans. More than a little humiliated on that front on how I got suckered in.

BTW I really couldn't have killed Silkku. His vest was still intact. And with his kill going first I would have only 1 night to get it done. It would have been 1 v 1 v 1 going into the final day and Silkku would definitely kill me that second night to guarantee himself the win.

I agree with you that having 2 BT VTs was maybe a little too much. It definitely encouraged us (Scum) to lurk since if we had nothing to fear from the lynch then we sure as hell didn't want one going off. Just the 1 BT VT would give incentive for activity to try to hit Scum to avoid definitely losing a Town.

I still think we should maintain a majority lynch. It would be a bit ridiculous on the first day if the lynch results was something like 3-2-2-1-1-1-1 sort of thing. And the presence of a BT VT should deter that sort lynch result anyway.

As for the voting on one's self and Scum role claiming..... well. I'm guilty of both this game so I can't really say.
    Last edited by Dyra; 2012-11-20 at 07:52 PM.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.