10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robozerim View Post
    Dibs on Scyther. I like bug types, though I'm not sure why. They're probably my second favorite type after fire. Water is probably my least favorite because after generation two, I haven't really liked any water types. Most were at best okay, far too many of them I thought were uninteresting. Also, generation two had three water based HM's, and I hate HM's with a passion. Lousy, second rate moves that take up a move slot and can't be forgotten without a lot of inconvenience.
    Just sayin', surf is one of the best water moves and waterfall isn't too bad either :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    You want to be something that eats people dreams, grins creepily at everything and cause a permanent shaking condition on those it licks? Well.....I suppose I asked to be a giant bug monster with scythes for hands that could probably cut people in half, so I guess I shouldn't judge.
    I would imagine itching would be painful.

If I actually participate and we're doing a Pokemon game, and I don't get Abra, Pidgey, or Starly, I will be very very very very very very disappointed.
    Last edited by Decagon; 2013-03-25 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    *makes note to not give those 3 mons to Deca*

Also, Starly is gen4 I think(or was it gen5?) so it won't be in :P

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    I would imagine itching would be painful.

If I actually participate and we're doing a Pokemon game, and I don't get Abra, Pidgey, or Starly, I will be very very very very very very disappointed.
    As Worgen would probably say, not generation 1.

Edit: Come on Worgen! I was checking my facts when you made that! ( its gen 4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    *makes note to not give those 3 mons to Deca*

Also, Starly is gen4 I think(or was it gen5?) so it won't be in :P
    Awwwww. Are we really only doing Gen1? Starly is Gen4, I'd know because I haven't played Gen5 yet.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    Just sayin', surf is one of the best water moves and waterfall isn't too bad either :P
    Surf is one of the best moves, I won't deny. Before the physical/special split, waterfall was just surf's weaker cousin, and whirlpool was completely lousy. After the split, surf is special and waterfall is physical, meaning that one is most likely much better than the other based on the pokemon's stats. Even if you have a mixed sweeper that has both moves being viable, having two reasonably powerful moves of the same type is a waste of a move slot that should have gone into something else for better coverage or some form of support. Having multiple HM's of the same type is terrible, worse than needing HM's at all. Know what I liked best about the Pokemon Colliseum games? No stupid HM's.

Cut, Flash, Fly, Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Climb, Dive, Whirlpool, Defog. Most of those aren't much good past the early stages of the game, and being unable to forget them without the aid of a move deleter is an extreme hassle. I want my move slots for useful moves, not crappy ones.
    Last edited by Robozerim; 2013-03-25 at 03:15 AM. Reason: remembered another HM

10+ Year Old Account
    The mons I would like to have or I will be upset: Kabuto, Omanyte, Porygon, Tangela, Cubone, Exeggcute, Farfetch'd, Slowbro, any form of Bellsprout, Psyduck, Venonat, Jigglypuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Awwwww. Are we really only doing Gen1? Starly is Gen4, I'd know because I haven't played Gen5 yet.
    What?! Gen VI is about to come out, get on the ball man!

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 08:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    The mons I would like to have or I will be upset: Kabuto, Omanyte, Porygon, Tangela, Cubone, Exeggcute, Farfetch'd, Slowbro, any form of Bellsprout, Psyduck, Venonat, Jigglypuff!
    Gee, list half the pokedex why don't you? >.>

It's probably faster to list the ones I don't want to be.
    Goldeen/Seaking, Dragonite. Hmmm....I think I'm good with most the others. Guess I never cared much for the geodude line either. Used to dislike ratata until he was my first (and only naturally found) shiny pokemon outside of red gyarados.
    Last edited by Robozerim; 2013-03-25 at 02:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, Robo, but my DS....broke....and my charger was borrowed and never returned and I'm too cheap to replace it.

Listo, that's a hell of a list, I think you'll be okay.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so disappointed way back when I first saw Dragonite. Dragonair was such a beautiful, elegant, sleek serpentine dragon coloured a very nice shade of blue. Then it evolves into a big, fat, goofy looking, garishly orange coloured thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was so disappointed way back when I first saw Dragonite. Dragonair was such a beautiful, elegant, sleek serpentine dragon coloured a very nice shade of blue. Then it evolves into a big, fat, goofy looking, garishly orange coloured thing.
    When I was younger, I used to think that Garados was the evolution of Dratini/Dragonair. xD Dragonite isn't that bad though, maybe because I always saw it as a comical pokemon.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I was younger, I used to think that Garados was the evolution of Dratini/Dragonair. xD Dragonite isn't that bad though, maybe because I always saw it as a comical pokemon.
    Well, in and of itself, Dragonite isn't bad. The problem arises because it evolves from a pokemon that I loved the design of so incredibly much. It went from something I loved to something radically different that is perhaps just okay. Had it been by itself or a different pokemon's evolution I might not hate Dragonite, but being what it is I really dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, in and of itself, Dragonite isn't bad. The problem arises because it evolves from a pokemon that I loved the design of so incredibly much. It went from something I loved to something radically different that is perhaps just okay. Had it been by itself or a different pokemon's evolution I might not hate Dragonite, but being what it is I really dislike it.
    That makes sense, but I don't see what they could have done, they already had Lapras and Garados, so adding anothing blue mystical creature pokemon thing would've been redundant and odd, they would have to remove or rework one of those two to make room for an evolution that is more fitting for Dragonair. There are other evolutions that make even less sense than Dratini-Dragonite.

Something.

mr. mime should be able to target someone, then use that persons night ability one someone else of his choosing.

10+ Year Old Account
    That makes sense, but I don't see what they could have done, they already had Lapras and Garados, so adding anothing blue mystical creature pokemon thing would've been redundant and odd, they would have to remove or rework one of those two to make room for an evolution that is more fitting for Dragonair. There are other evolutions that make even less sense than Dratini-Dragonite.
    There's some truth to that, but looking at the two you mention: Lapras isn't exactly serpentine, it has a big shell on it's back and has flippers and whatnot, not to mention it's not what I'd call slender. Gyarados is a bit closer, he is definitely of serpentine nature, but he is much more rough and intimidating in appearance. What I really liked about dragonair was the elegance I saw. Anyway, they already had a pokemon of an appearance much like dragonair. It was the dratini line pre-dragonite. By going a completely different route they actually removed the a design of that type from the general pool of designs, though you could argue it remains neutral what with gyarados adding to the similar designs.

I'll admit that there are many pokemon who's evolutions make little sense (remoraid into octillery, magikarp into gyarados, feebas into milotic [all water types oddly]). Sometimes it works for me, other times it doesn't.

Random statement, if Fennekin evolves into another fire/fighting dual type starter, I'm going to snap.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    mr. mime should be able to target someone, then use that persons night ability one someone else of his choosing.
    I think it might be better to use it against the target they are mimicing. Using their ability against anyone they want would fit smeargle or ditto better I believe. Not that smeargle will be in this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows what they were thinking there are a lot of Pokemon that I think are really odd and creepy and probably shouldn't exist in the Pokemon universe, but they make mistakes so we're stuck with some things that obviously would be better has it been rethought.

I was more thinking trapinch-flygon (probably my 4th favorite Pokemon that everyone always forgets about) when it comes to weird evolutions.

Fox, I can't think of any other Pokemon in Gen1 that would serve well as a bus driver.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who knows what they were thinking there are a lot of Pokemon that I think are really odd and creepy and probably shouldn't exist in the Pokemon universe, but they make mistakes so we're stuck with some things that obviously would be better has it been rethought.

I was more thinking trapinch-flygon (probably my 4th favorite Pokemon that everyone always forgets about) when it comes to weird evolutions.

Fox, I can't think of any other Pokemon in Gen1 that would serve well as a bus driver.
    Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon is an awesome line, one of my favorites. As for a bus driver, that lapras you mentioned is a good candidtae I think. Lapras is described as giving rides to people all the time I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abra with Teleport.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    having two reasonably powerful moves of the same type is a waste of a move slot that should have gone into something else for better coverage or some form of support.
    That depends. It can be quite useful if you run with Choice items. I play Choice Specs Sceptile for example with Leaf Storm and Giga Drain
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood fox View Post
    That would fit Ditto, Smeargle or Soodowood better.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 12:21 PM ----------

Trapinch/Vibrava/Flygon is an awesome line, one of my favorites. As for a bus driver, that lapras you mentioned is a good candidtae I think. Lapras is described as giving rides to people all the time I think.
    A bus driver? Drifloon. It abducts children and drags them to hell, so basically a school bus driver.