Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Whatever, I say we sanction the whole Middle East, until they get their views in order. Not their Religious views, but their anti-American. I'm tired of the violence thrown our way, to the people not even closely involved with the issues they are having.

They really are still living in the Dark Ages.
    I just don't understand why they're not more grateful for all we're doing for them. You'd think they'd get that we're all about peace. I mean, we spent 50 years arming their dictators because we thought public order was really important - which it is, just look at what happens to exports with a little revolution! But times changed - Arab Spring and all that - so we changed, too. Now we're arming the good guys, and we're all in this together for democracy. Unless the ungrateful bastards vote people into office who don't like us because they remember how our pocket supreme leaders had their grandfathers tortured and killed, in which case clearly their good intentions have been overrun by some kind of fifth column thing. We can't have that, so we're going to have to take steps.

Maybe if we sent them some care packages with little American flags, hershey bars and a couple of Johnny Cash CD's they'd see the light?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post

So the US embassy has been stormed in Yemen now, with the US flag being torn down and burned. This is the 3rd embassy to be stormed now isn't it? All because someone decided to make a video mocking Islam
    It's the first embassy to be stormed, the 1 in Libya was just a consulate, and the Embassy in Egypt was never breached.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Let's keep religion out of this thread. There's been one warning already, please drop it now.
    That's going to be tough if you're hoping for a real discussion of what's happening in Yemen/Libya, etc. There's been widespread reporting that the unrest is at least partly due to factional squabbling between different elements within Islam - Muslim Brotherhood vs Salafis in Egypt, for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be a lot of confusion in here about the actual event, so allow me to clear some of it up.

There have been mass demonstrations over the film in Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Yemen, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran and Palestine. The ones in Egypt, Libya and Yemen turned violent. The one in Yemen was able to breach the Embassy, but the protesters were shortly forced out after that. The one in Libya coincided with an attack on the US consulate in Benghazi by actual terrorists. The one in Egypt seemed to just be an angry mob getting out of hand.

As a Muslim myself, this is appalling to see and just depresses me.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 03:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Respectfully, their holy book does say slay or enslave those that will not convert.. and I cant see giving our hard earned tax money to folks that truly hate us and wish us dead wereas it could be used far better right here at home... but I digress.
    No, that's a misinterpretation of the Holy Book, and the only people who believe that particular interpretation (which has been proven to be false, which is why I am referring to it as a misinterpretation) are the terrorists themselves. You can pick which religious narrative you'd rather believe for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivionx View Post
    Another stunning success at foreign policy, hard to be in charge when your busy hitting fundraisers on airforce one and have to work out your lies I guess.
    I heard the President is a dictator and controls everything that happens in the entire universe and no one else has ever had power or ever will have power in the history of humanity and the U.S. certainly doesn't have other officials that handle other business at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The North Remembers View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2012/09/13/wo...sts/?hpt=hp_t1

So the US embassy has been stormed in Yemen now, with the US flag being torn down and burned. This is the 3rd embassy to be stormed now isn't it? All because someone decided to make a video mocking Islam
    All under the pretense of a video insulting Islam. The video came out in July, the attacks started on 9/11. Yeh, I am sure they are upset about the video......

Any way My faith is under constant attack. Grow up Muslims. Learn to take a joke.

Oh and isn't it a great idea to take the bullets out of our troops guns? I think so. Cause harsh language is a FAR better deterrent than shooting some one in the face with a M1A4.
    Last edited by IIamaKing; 2012-09-14 at 03:59 AM.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Extremists should not tarnish the name of an entire religion, culture, nationality or ethnicity. There has even been a demonstration by Libyans against the killings. Here: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...s-libya/56803/

Since most won't open the link, here's one of the pictures:
    Last edited by mmoc31ca91b23a; 2012-09-14 at 04:19 AM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You know there is a problem when our embassies are being burned and the President goes to Vegas.." - Some news dude I cant remember atm

How do people honestly expect Humanity as a whole to advance when there are still those who are purely hate motivated to do things to bring humanity down!
    Duck walks into a bar, says to the bartender, "Got any grapes?" Bartender says no, duck says "Got any grapes?" "No" "Got any grapes?" "NO!" "Got any--" "If you say got any grapes one more time I'm going to nail your bill to the wall..." "Got a nail?" "No." "Got any grapes?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Extremists should not tarnish the name of an entire religion, culture, nationality or ethnicity. There has even been a demonstration by Libyans against the killings. Here: http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...s-libya/56803/

Since most won't open the link, here's one of the pictures:
    That guy in the front has spectacular handwriting.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/13/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

Apparently, four protesters were killed today in Yemen.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Deleted
    Let's keep religion out of this thread. There's been one warning already, please drop it now.
    I dont understand this,the subject of the topic is related to religion,so either straight close up the thread or let us talk about it,the middle is empty and meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by Faloestin View Post
    I just don't understand why they're not more grateful for all we're doing for them. You'd think they'd get that we're all about peace. I mean, we spent 50 years arming their dictators because we thought public order was really important - which it is, just look at what happens to exports with a little revolution! But times changed - Arab Spring and all that - so we changed, too. Now we're arming the good guys, and we're all in this together for democracy. Unless the ungrateful bastards vote people into office who don't like us because they remember how our pocket supreme leaders had their grandfathers tortured and killed, in which case clearly their good intentions have been overrun by some kind of fifth column thing. We can't have that, so we're going to have to take steps.

Maybe if we sent them some care packages with little American flags, hershey bars and a couple of Johnny Cash CD's they'd see the light?
    Wanna take pot shots? Got ya.

How about they have been cutting heads off for nearly 500 years? Murdering innocents for what? Al Jazeria cuts heads off on T.V. all the time. People with innocent lives, reporters, missionaries, Green Peace, and CHILDREN. Anyone! They deem a "spy" against Islam.

Terrorist mind set has been breeding hate and anger towards Americans. Not just government officials, ANYONE. If we stormed the Embassy over here, drag their Ambassadors corpses in the street until their heads and bodies fall all part. What do you think they'd say? Oh, we are attacking Islam! They'd nerd rage harder then if someone ninja looted Ashes of Alar. They'd attack and kill any American, NO MATTER WHAT!

Sure, Americans have a long history of meddling. Yet, it's arguably for the right reasons. Middle East tensions have been around since the fucking Stone Age. So yeah, I'd say honestly. Pull OUT! Fuck em. Let them rot on the fucking rocks. They don't want to be part of a Westernized world. Then they don't get to have the benefits of a Westernized World.

No more Internet, no more Mickey Mouse, no more Pepsi. Fuck em.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    That guy in the front has spectacular handwriting.
    It's sure as hell better than mine.

In terms of the picture, goodwill between nations makes my heart smile like this

In terms of the actual event, it's very troubling for people to keep assaulting embassies. It's pretty brazen for anyone to attack any country's embassy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever, I say we sanction the whole Middle East, until they get their views in order. Not their Religious views, but their anti-American. I'm tired of the violence thrown our way, to the people not even closely involved with the issues they are having.

They really are still living in the Dark Ages.
    People are allowed to dislike your country.

Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    People are allowed to dislike your country.
    Of course they are allowed to not like America and at times I don't blame them. Yet, how can you associate violence with with dislike? I dislike the Pats, I fucking hate the Pats and the Cowboys. I wouldn't drag their fans corpses in the streets until their bodies fall apart, either.

I'd have a nice civil discussion of why I think the Pat and Cowboys suck. Wouldn't hurt anyone because they are fans. Get my drift? I'm tired of the VIOLENCE. IF the violence continues, cut them off. Maybe the people in the picture can cull the cancer in their own society.
    Last edited by Jokerfiend; 2012-09-14 at 06:57 AM.

these attacks are days after we killed AL-queda's 2nd in command in Yemen they were retaliatory
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

15+ Year Old Account
    What strikes me is how upset many seems to be about a burnt piece of cloth ie. the flag.
    Now take that feeling and multiply it with 1000 and you might understand how utterly offended most muslims in the world feel about such a movie offending the fabric of everything in their lives.
    I dont consider it an excuse for violence but the total lack from many people of understanding the magnitude of the offense is troublesome.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Many don't get it. This video isn't just a right to free speech since it is the very fundamentals of all Muslims to acknowledge the prophet and the Quran. Unlike anything in the west, Muslims have these two fundamentals to our everyday lives. We live by the book and we will die by the book. I mean, personally, I don't think the killings were justified but I do think the person who made the video should be brought to justice since he attacked the very principles to which Islam is based upon. If someone in the U.S insults someone else, that person can take him to court. The same should be applied to the author of the video. However as a Muslim, I will give my life to protect those fundamental things that I find worthy i.e. protecting the prophet's image and the holy Qur'an because there are things that are simply more important than life.

As for those who say get America out of the Middle East, the won't. Since America is benefiting more from the oil of the region and the regional proximity bases that they have set up in many Arab countries. So by saying get out of the Middle East, means you are ruining your own economy since essentially you are getting the oil for free.
    Last edited by Loharl; 2012-09-14 at 10:03 AM.

Then close the thread. You know this is about religon. I've seen the trailer myself on youtube 2 days ago, and its just some crappy amateaur bullshit, that one could make better with some hired acteress and a few thousand dollars.

I say all the power to people who wanna make these shitty films. I find it hillarious that anyone would be made about this. These people live with what...20 dollars a day, in mudhuts or so, that aint the problem..nono, a damn movie that its so badly made its fun, is what gets them fired up.

This is just them trying to make another Muhammed crisis like it happend in Denmark. Back then it was one of our most known comedian, that sort of went to Jyllands posten, and said "hey....lets do this, are you afraid?". Ofcourse he's nowdays regretting it, but as a comedian I love him for that.

Speaking about comedians, here's a qoute from another; "To belive is to not be sure". Same could be said about the Big-bang, we cant be sure about everything with that either, but to kill and murder people over some made up histories that has never been proven IN ANY WAY, unlike science, its pretty damn sick.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they are allowed to not like America and at times I don't blame them. Yet, how can you associate violence with with dislike? I dislike the Pats, I fucking hate the Pats and the Cowboys. I wouldn't drag their fans corpses in the streets until their bodies fall apart, either.

I'd have a nice civil discussion of why I think the Pat and Cowboys suck. Wouldn't hurt anyone because they are fans. Get my drift? I'm tired of the VIOLENCE. IF the violence continues, cut them off. Maybe the people in the picture can cull the cancer in their own society.
    Yemen isn't a first world country, naturally they would deal with things differently than you would. I'm not defending them or anything btw.