Is it wrong to pose as another player?

My name is Raam, I am a 2x gladiator experienced player with casual 2300+ RBG exp as well. Recently I have decided to pose as Massives for fun, but considering my decent level of skill, people actually believe I am the real Massives. Going along with this flow, I have drawn the ire of Massives friends, but I continue to pose as him and convince people with my skill.

It's all fun and games, but do you guys think this is wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Claiming someone else's fame is stupid. Naming yourself Athene, Kungen, or various other famous players from other games is just idiotic. Make a name for yourself, don't take someone else's. It's pathetic. >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes. It's wrong.

Be yourself
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's wrong. And stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Yes. It's wrong.

Be yourself
    You don't understand. The name Massives and title Gladiator bring whispers up 24/7. The attention is so fun.

It's very lame, and impersonation could be illegal under certain circumstances. (Not in this case)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and also bannable.
    B. Rules Related to "Chat" and Interaction With Other Users. Communicating in-game with other Users and Blizzard representatives, whether by text, voice or any other method, is an integral part of the Game and the Service and is referred to here as "Chat." When engaging in Chat, you may not:

(ix) Impersonate any real person, including without limitation any "game master" or any other Blizzard agent or employee, nor may you communicate in the Game in any way designed to make others believe that your message constitutes a server message or was otherwise posted by any Blizzard agent or employee.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I've seen some of your posts before and can say with certainty that nobody believes you're a good player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    My name is Raam, I am a 2x gladiator experienced player with casual 2300+ RBG exp as well. Recently I have decided to pose as Massives for fun, but considering my decent level of skill, people actually believe I am the real Massives. Going along with this flow, I have drawn the ire of Massives friends, but I continue to pose as him and convince people with my skill.

It's all fun and games, but do you guys think this is wrong?
    This is totally wrong to do and you should be taken out, flogged in public, then banned from the game.

I've never heard of him, go nuts op.
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Salandrin is not massives.

Good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to close this here.

This is not a constructive discussion, but merely a way to glorify and justify yourself and whatever you're doing, provided you're even doing what you say you're doing.