Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    That may be true for some classes, but definitely not all of them. With my Warrior, I got the most throughput from just stacking sword bleeds, which, if I swapped weapons, wouldn't be getting reapplied as much
    Same, this is why I started playing Sword/Rifle and have sigils that bleed on crit on all my weapons. That, combined with Discipline traits that give might and reduce cooldown on weapon swap = beast of a playstyle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    At least some people understand what I'm trying to say..
    Congratulations, you're giving people a confused meaning about the maximum DPS and effective DPS terminology.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    Congratulations, you're giving people a confused meaning about the maximum DPS and effective DPS terminology.
    Congratulations, you're totally not understanding how they both apply to GW2 and which one you should actually be going for.

Deleted
    People were asking about maximum DPS, warping the meaning so they play 'how they should' is just redefining a terminology. You should have corrected them and told them they should be asking about "effective DPS" and not "maximum DPS".

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    People were asking about maximum DPS, warping the meaning so they play 'how they should' is just redefining a terminology. You should have corrected them and told them they should be asking about "effective DPS" and not "maximum DPS".
    True. I guess I was just trying to let people know that going for all out maximum dps for a lot of the professions and specs is a very bad idea and one that will put them on the shit list with other players in a hurry. I probably should have said something more along those lines. I just don't want to see a bunch of people gearing, speccing, and playing like GW2 is WoW or anything other MMO before it. Survivability is definitely a good thing for most professions in GW2 regardless of what you're doing, whereas in other MMOs it's not necessary for a lot of things.

Deleted
    I like this kind of question, but since we dont have a parser dps, I will say it's hard to answer.