Grimoir of Sac + Soul Link: What happens?

Is there any point in actually having Soul Link if you use GoSac? From my understanding, if you use SL on your pet, then Sac, You lose the SL buff, and dont gain any benefit from it while the pet is Sacced? Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Is there any point in actually having Soul Link if you use GoSac? From my understanding, if you use SL on your pet, then Sac, You lose the SL buff, and dont gain any benefit from it while the pet is Sacced? Is this correct?
    if you pick SL and GoSac and you saccrifice your pet , regardless of whether it was soul linked or not, it grants you 20% extra HP, basically this is what an active soul link is equal to, a 20% extra hp from what I've read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless its changed since I last checked, if you have the Soul Link talent and GoSac, you gain a passive 20% extra health when GoSac is active.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    if you pick SL and GoSac and you saccrifice your pet , regardless of whether it was soul linked or not, it grants you 20% extra HP, basically this is what an active soul link is equal to, a 20% extra hp from what I've read.
    Soul Link can vary between 15% (imp) and 30% (voidlord) effective health. SL+Sac will always be a 20% increase.

Bah, my reading comprehention is appearently very bad when i have not had much sleep. For some reason I thought the +20% hp increase from GoSac was a base part of the spell. Didnt realise SL was modifying it to be that way instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    Soul Link can vary between 15% (imp) and 30% (voidlord) effective health. SL+Sac will always be a 20% increase.
    that's a slight miscalculation on your part though, the imp also increase your own health with the stamina buff, though I do agree pet's hp vary , SL is greater than simply a 20% hp increase imo, simply because of pet abilities, like voidwalker's landstand and imps heal etc making SL > 20% flat hp increase.

I just came here and... the hell?! This JUST blew my mind, you can get a huge hp increase by soul linking before popping sacrifice?!?!!? WHAAATTT?!!??!?!

Deleted
    I'm over 200k HP raidbuffed with SL/Sac, rising to about 270k if I need Voidwalker cooldown, it's great.

Quote Originally Posted by Humungo View Post
    I just came here and... the hell?! This JUST blew my mind, you can get a huge hp increase by soul linking before popping sacrifice?!?!!? WHAAATTT?!!??!?!
    you get the hp bonus regardless of having actived soul link before saccing, as long as you have the SL talent and the GoSac talent, and you GoSac, you automatically gain 20% extra hp.