High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Battle ready healer?

Just a thought but i've found my holy pali has zero aoe attacks...which can be hard to deal with defending flags in pvp in at least 5 BG's that i can think of that have flags. I also see this as being an extreamly hard thing to deal with if you were to lvl as a holy pali..as i have from 1-85 ( i do things the hard way, but not that hard). Trading 2 aoe's and a number of damaging ability's for a single target attack until at least lvl 90 (if you talent for it) isn't very ideal for what i thought blizz wanted to do..i thought ( correct me if i was wrong) they wanted things to be easier on healers in fights so they could heal and do damage. Not make it a straight healer. I understand that holy is a healing class but i feel any chance i had in helping when i do have a break was just taken from me...sure i could glyph for more powerful single target attacks as opposed to more powerful heals..but thats kinda counter intuitive imo and still not an aoe attack. I'm kinda lost on the devs thinking on this one.
    • Top that off i've lost about 40k in mana, 30% mana regen and the extra 2% hit that i needed to be capped...it's already annoying that my moves were cut in half but in the small cases now when i get to hit something, i miss...are you kidding me? Not only do i not have mana but now i can't even count on my precious chance to deal damage to actually strike the target. I imagine the first 2 will scale but how exactly is a holy pali ever supposed to cap out that hit that isn't going to scale?
    Last edited by dragconus; 2012-09-14 at 05:25 AM.

I assume you came here so that everyone would agree with you about how bad holy paladins are at dealing damage and sustaining heals.

Deleted
    awww didums

Quote Originally Posted by dragconus View Post
    Top that off i've lost about 40k in mana, 30% mana regen and the extra 2% hit that i needed to be capped...it's already annoying that my moves were cut in half but in the small cases now when i get to hit something, i miss...are you kidding me? Not only do i not have mana but now i can't even count on my precious chance to deal damage to actually strike the target. I imagine the first 2 will scale but how exactly is a holy pali ever supposed to cap out that hit that isn't going to scale?
    I would like to point out that 15% is the new spell hit cap...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cemila View Post
    I would like to point out that 15% is the new spell hit cap...
    Building on Cemila's point, your 40k mana 'loss' is balanced by the fact that they changed spell costs as well. I'd highly recommend looking at the Holy Paladin Guide that's stickied at the top of the forum. If you have any specific questions about that, feel free to ask.

As of now, though, it's really hard to figure out what exactly it is that you want to know or talk about.
    Host of Talking Skritt, a GW2 podcast!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I realize they changed the cost of spells to deal with the new mana cap and that as it scales it should even out that was more of a "hey this kinda sucks" even though it's just for now. I had no idea the new spell hit cap was 15% so thank you although makes me wonder why some spells did miss . My main reason was that we no longer have an Aoe and it's funtion. Yeah holy pali is a terrible damage dealer and i thought blizz was tweaking it to be better and maybe it is on a single target stand point. But while i'm questing and people are using aoe to lock down quest targets, or defending flags in pvp, or just killing a mass mob in a dungeon i'm gonna be stuck just targeting one guy...even a crappy aoe would solve some of that grief. I've been away for awhile i thought maybe someone had some good reasoning for that rather then it look like i was just blowing smoke. I just don't see anyone enjoying the lvling of a holy pali without a imo a major function like aoe.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by silverhatred View Post
    I assume you came here so that everyone would agree with you about how bad holy paladins are at dealing damage and sustaining heals.
    You assumed wrong . Holy pali's imo are the best healers. Just didn't think they'd lose aoe attacks for it while leveling.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    Building on Cemila's point, your 40k mana 'loss' is balanced by the fact that they changed spell costs as well. I'd highly recommend looking at the Holy Paladin Guide that's stickied at the top of the forum. If you have any specific questions about that, feel free to ask.

As of now, though, it's really hard to figure out what exactly it is that you want to know or talk about.
    If anyone knows I would also like to know (and it may have been said i just missed it as well) how they plan on balancing mana in later patches.I seen we will have 300k mana at lvl 90 (Thank you Malthanis for pointing out the guide). When patches for end game come in how do they expect us to maintain healing with the same mana but higher diffeculty. They could add mana as they are the makers of the game but would that not go against the idea of lvl capping mana?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone knows I would also like to know (and it may have been said i just missed it as well) how they plan on balancing mana in later patches.I seen we will have 300k mana at lvl 90 (Thank you Malthanis for pointing out the guide). When patches for end game come in how do they expect us to maintain healing with the same mana but higher diffeculty. They could add mana as they are the makers of the game but would that not go against the idea of lvl capping mana?
    Spirit/more mana regen as you get better gear
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

lets talk about it in pvp wise that healers in Arenas and BGs were To Op with their mana pool Also mana regen and it will take a lot of effort to down a healer ,losing some of the mana pool and the mana regen i feel like blizzard gave a hint msg to the healers about the survivabilty and how u can manage ur healings and ur mana what i mean with this new expansion the bgs and the arenas could be about a healer vs healer

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matrlx View Post
    lets talk about it in pvp wise that healers in Arenas and BGs were To Op with their mana pool Also mana regen and it will take a lot of effort to down a healer ,losing some of the mana pool and the mana regen i feel like blizzard gave a hint msg to the healers about the survivabilty and how u can manage ur healings and ur mana what i mean with this new expansion the bgs and the arenas could be about a healer vs healer
    as like in BC? healers always stood a chance if the gear is right simply because they can heal. the 8 second cleance cd prob took care of alot more then what some would think in that issue. Healer vs healer could prob go back to taking about 30 to 45 min to finish a fight once again haha. but thats where the grueling fun is.They've done alot to better the class in many different ways. Just wish they had an earlier aoe other then lvl 90 if for anything else just as a utility to keep guy's off the flag in BG's.At lvl 90's mana lvl i can see where this could be a problem but pro's will still spell lock us as per usual.