Poll: The Shield VS The Wire

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I liked The Shield, but even then it's nowhere near the quality of The Wire. The Wire is simply the best TV-show I've ever seen.

Deleted
    Comparing the wire and the shield is like comparing WoW vs GW2... Wow just wins everytime and in everyway and Gw2 doesn't hold a candle because it's simply a bad game.

The wire is a brilliantly written show with compelling characters. Probably the best TV-series made up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    Comparing the wire and the shield is like comparing WoW vs GW2... Wow just wins everytime and in everyway and Gw2 doesn't hold a candle because it's simply a bad game.

The wire is a brilliantly written show with compelling characters. Probably the best TV-series made up to date.
    More like, GW2 is Breaking Bad, WoW is Gossip Girl, GW2 just wins everytime and in everyway and WoW doesn't hold a candle because it's simply a bad game.

Deleted
    Warning: Game-bashing is completely off-topic and also against site rules. Let's keep responses relevant, please.

The Wire, it was/is an amazing show.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    ive only seen the shield and its probably the best cop show ive ever seen. It seems like you wont regret if you just chose randomly. the wire seems as epic as the shield.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    ive only seen the shield and its probably the best cop show ive ever seen. It seems like you wont regret if you just chose randomly. the wire seems as epic as the shield.
    Just started watching The Shield last night. Pretty amazing show so far. The first two episodes I wasn't too impressed. It was good, but didn't really grab me. After a few more I was pretty hooked. It's well done without being too overly dark and violent. It has it's moments though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgeez View Post
    That is quite possibly one of the most retarded analogies I've ever heard someone say. You cannot compare GW2 to WoW because they are hardly the same at all, if you did you research you would know exactly why. I Played WoW for around 7 years straight and quit in the middle of firelands with no intention to ever go back. I've been playing GW2 since the beta and headstart and I am still enjoying the shit out of it.

ANYHOO.... I know that I said was going to start watching the wire before the shield but I ended up changing my mind I'm now into season 4 with 4 more episodes to go and the show and I'm loving the shit out of it! I love how most of the cases that go on in the show are not wrapped up in a single episode as opposed to almost every other cop drama that out there nowadays. Every season just keeps getting better and better! Can't wait to see how it all ends!

I also managed to watch the first 3 episodes of the wire and I can already tell that the story will be amazing. It may be a little bit slow at some points but I know that the story will keep me watching
    So good to be an ant who crawls atop a spinning rock
    Currently playing: Bioshock 2,Far Cry 3

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm almost liking the Shield more now. There are more redeeming characters in this show. Most characters in The Wire were just terrible people.

The Wire, definitely.

The Shield is great to, but The Wire is really awesome.

Also, The Wire essentially teaches you how to be a moderately successful drug dealer lol.

Last edited by Palmatum; 2012-10-16 at 12:32 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    Also, The Wire essentially teaches you how to be a moderately successful drug dealer lol.
    It's been a while since I've watched it, but I don't remember anything going really well for any of the dealers.

15+ Year Old Account
    I happen to be of the opinion that The Wire goes beyond being simply television. It's literature on the screen. I seriously cannot find a flaw with it. The Shield is great television, better than most other shows, but in my book there's no competing with The Wire.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.