Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    when will wii get and end to this console!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Yup, that's exactly what he said.

That is not what his post implies.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Its a very smart move. People thought Bayonetta 2 was cancelled. Theres a lot of hype knowing that it not only exists, but its an exclusive for a new console. It might help push Wii u's
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocoolhack View Post
    That is not what his post implies.
    He said it might help. That is not the same as "IT WILL FOR SURE BE A BIG SELLER, AND ALONE SELL MILLIONS OF CONSOLES."

Deleted
    Blames the ones who sold it, not the ones who bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    I was one of the people who thought Bayonetta was a masterpiece, despite it's unpopularity. Come to find out today, it's finally about to get it's much deserved sequel....but

It is now a Wii U exclusive. It's quite obvious Nintendo has robbed the license to boost their new consoles popularity, but this is ridiculous. First Rayman, now this.

What do you guys think of this?
    Wasn't it slated to be canceled, then Nintento decided to pick it up? Or am i just imagining shit
    Seems like Nintendo saved it, not stole it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    He said it might help. That is not the same as "IT WILL FOR SURE BE A BIG SELLER, AND ALONE SELL MILLIONS OF CONSOLES."
    It might help push Wii u's is the same as bayonetta will sell some wii u's, and I'm saying it wont sell one. No one is going to buy a wii u because of that game.

It might help push Wii u's is the same as bayonetta will sell some wii u's, and I'm saying it wont sell one. No one is going to buy a wii u because of that game.
    Sure, keep thinking that because it's not true. I'm sure you know what every person in the entire world will or will not do.

Bayonetta 2 is not a console seller.
    I said Might.

Also, theres a considerable amount of Hype surrounding the game now. Hype is good.

"I don't like the game, no one else will either."

Bayonetta 2 was the reason I decided to preorder the console.

Ive been thinking about doing it, but knowing its the only console to have it pushed me over the edge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ysbag View Post
    But if you spend time and money to build up a certain image, some games just doesn't fit you anymore. And Bayonetta is sure as hell is one of those.
    Most would not care about a DMC game on the Wii U as well.

They'll have to pull out something pretty amazing for it to be remotely successful.
    No More Heroes and Madworld among a few others would like a word with you methinks.

Deleted
    I love how everyone knows everyone's exact feelings on this.

Nintendo has had some more mature games in the past, and with the bad launch of the 3DS and the lack of serious gamers on the Wii they decided to get some good titles in for their new console, which is supposed to be on par with the next gen consoles. That said, Nintendo is the first to release a next gen console, with Microsoft and Sony falling behind here.

Bayonetta was a good game, but since Sega had to scrap it, Nintendo BOUGHT it, so it could be released at all. Be glad people get to enjoy it instead of moaning about it coming to a console you have no faith in or just lack the money to buy.

10+ Year Old Account

Ive been thinking about doing it, but knowing its the only console to have it pushed me over the edge.

Have fun waiting for a game that is more then likely coming out months after the console, while everyone else waits patently for the next PS and Xbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade View Post
    I love how everyone knows everyone's exact feelings on this.

Nintendo has had some more mature games in the past, and with the bad launch of the 3DS and the lack of serious gamers on the Wii they decided to get some good titles in for their new console, which is supposed to be on par with the next gen consoles. That said, Nintendo is the first to release a next gen console, with Microsoft and Sony falling behind here.
    Sony and Microsoft are not falling behind. Why release a new console so soon when this gen is still selling? The specs for the Wii U are above whats out now but will probably lag behind Sony's and MS's new systems.
    Last edited by zerocoolhack; 2012-09-14 at 09:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    But they do market to everyone. Even adults play nintendo games, but yea, it is pretty shocking that people above 8 still like them.
    Zelda man Zelda only a truly sad individual could say that isn't a fun series.

I'm not terribly happy. I only play a few select games on consoles and had no intention of buying a WiiU. I still have no intention of buying it, even though i absolutely loved Bayonetta and was really looking forward to a sequel, because I will only buy a console, and not a gimmick. And that's what Nintendo's consoles have been recently, gimmicks. I'm not even sure I'll be buying the next Xbox or PS3 at this rate.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account

This pretty much.
    I wasn't completely sure if I would get it or not as the only games that interested me so far were Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (you REALLY have to see this footage of the game! Just too damn AWESOME: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCJAO...layer_embedded ) and ZombiU. So Bayonetta 2 pushes me over the edge and this time I'm actually looking forward to a great library of third-party games on a Nintendo console ever since the Nintendo 64. I was afraid only a few good third-party games like usual would came out but Bayonetta 2 pushed me over the edge to make it a must have console and not have me worry of lacking support.

Also, I don't get why people are acting so butthurt over this? If you want to play the game, buy a Wii U. It'll have great graphics compared to the current generation, will last a whole generation and will offer you a great library. It's not like you can't play this game all of a sudden.

Also, didn't they save this game much rather than stealing it? AFAIK this game should have been canned like many Sega games.

Have fun waiting for a game that is more then likely coming out months after the console, while everyone else waits patently for the next PS and Xbox.
    Il do both.

Just because im getting the Wii U doesnt mean im going to stop playing my PS3 or 360.
    Il be getting the next gen versions of those two. But they wont have Bayonetta 2 will they :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    You don't need to play the shitty filler KH games to understand the plot.

The original trilogy is all you need to play to grasp the plot, and they're all on the same console.
    Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts CoM, and Kingdom Hearts 2. All you need.
    Chain of Memories was originally only available to the gameboy advance where I was. Thus when KH2 hit, I had no idea what on earth had happened to Sora up to this point. I could follow it, but these Organization chaps were carrying on like they knew who I was. And there certainly was NOT 13 of them.

Birth before sleep and Dream drop have been slated to contain major story elements essential to the 3rd installment if what little scraps of information from the developer is to be believed. Both on PsP and 3DS respectively.

Maybe you can still understand it, but do you miss out on experiencing the game as it was meant to be? Well yes you do. It's like the worst kind of DLC. The kind you can't even touch because buying new systems to play one game is something assholes do. So that's why the third installment will not be given my money. I've moved on.

ANYWAY onto Bayonetta again. Bashing the game before it's even released is kind of sad and smacks of the 'I'M ANGRY SO EVERYTHING SUCKS' - 5 year old behavior. I'm sorry it's not going to be on the console you want, but that's the price you pay for some franchises. All of them hop systems and when they do... you just have to sit back, accept it and pray a friend of yours chose another console/system.
    And saying Nintendo exclusively makes games game for 15 and under is correct, but 3rd party 18 rated games have always been up to developers to decide to put on the Wii, Nintendo doesn't say 'NOPE THAT'S NOT FAMILY FRIENDLY, CAN'T HAVE THAT EVER. When they released manhunt...' They've always been welcome, it's the developers themselves who've said 'well...nah it's not really worth the effort', that and graphical limitations. But now those are being removed with the WiiU they're more open to it.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-09-14 at 09:26 AM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Lol, Bayonetta on a Wii U?

I guess no more hot chick killing stuff with style anymore. Wtf does Nintendo want with a +18 game?
    Not to mention that it'll probably look worse or the same as the first game ...
    This post is just so full of misinformed naïvety that I had to quote it.

There were always violent games on Nintendo consoles, the only time this was somewhat lessened was during the Wii's lifetime, and this was mostly because of the console's graphical limitations.

Gamecube, for instance, got many cross-platform games such as the Prince of Persia games, TimeSplitters 3, Resident Evil 4, Soul Calibur 2, and Splinter Cell. Hell, it even had an exclusive Metal Gear Solid remake, and a Call of Duty game.

None of these are childish games.

Nintendo never meant to build their image up to be that of childish accessability. The limitations of the console did that.

As for the graphical part, did you see the Assassin's Creed 3 demo on Wii U?

No, I didn't think so.
    Last edited by Luthlet; 2012-09-14 at 09:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, Bayonetta on a Wii U?

I guess no more hot chick killing stuff with style anymore. Wtf does Nintendo want with a +18 game?
    Not to mention that it'll probably look worse or the same as the first game ...
    What do you mean what does Nintendo want with a +18 game? Decent amount of +18 games on the Wii.