Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vote kick in BGS?

Whats your thoughts about vote kick in battlegrounds? Just like in dungeons, you may kick 2 people per BG and it has no cooldown but a 2 kick limitation, and 8/10 of the team needs to agree for the kick.

This would be nice to get rid of bots and people who won't play the battleground mission.

Im aware you can report people afk and if enough people do it the person gets kicked. I personally do this whenever I can to bots/afkers.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes please.

Every now and then I petition this idea to the customer service team when I get a BG with a few AFKs in it - hoping someone will bitch to their manager - and their manager will see it as an opportunity to look competent at their job and pass it on to the dev teams, but it has yet to happen.

WTB ^^
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

I run premades in 10 man BG's every day about 4 hours or more every day and I always check the map for afkers/bots and if I see them I call out on teamspeak who to report afk, do a 5-4-3-2-1 countdown and everyone reports the target afk and poof hes gone.

Would like some vote kick system though

If that idea comes alive, there will certainly be players that get kicked because of their gear or skill. That is, most probably, the worst and unfair thing that can happen to a person in a regular battleground.

Only players that deserve a kick are idlers are bots. Blizzard showed us that they are not capable of detecting bots so I'm pretty sure that vote to kick option will not have restrictions and just be a normal kick like in dungeons.(The dungeon kick that can and is being used to kick anyone because of anything - which is BS.)

Edit: You don't need to count down everytime you try to boot an afk player or bot, it doesn't really have a small window to stack "afk reports". - Just saying because there are lots of bots and you most probably do the countdown at least once in a battleground.
    Last edited by Angy; 2012-09-14 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angy View Post
    If that idea comes alive, there will certainly be players that get kicked because of their gear or skill. That is, most probably, the worst and unfair thing that can happen to a person in a regular battleground.

Only players that deserve a kick are idlers are bots. Blizzard showed us that they are not capable of detecting bots so I'm pretty sure that vote to kick option will not have restrictions and just be a normal kick like in dungeons.(The dungeon kick that can and is being used to kick anyone because of anything - which is BS.)
    Can't they just enforce their rules in a way that if it gets abused the people abusing it getting banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Can't they just enforce their rules in a way that if it gets abused the people abusing it getting banned?
    Banning players because they abuse vote kick feature is yet another unfair act.

I am almost perfectly sure that they can not create a perfect kick feature that can not be abused in some way.

(Even the dungeon vote kick and the hidden cooldown to be able to kick others again is crap. They gave it to us to boot people that are not fulfilling their roles yet it can not be done many times when needed. The feature fails at many parts for both the voter and the voted person.)

Deleted
    Yes, I can see it all now.

[Battleground][Pricktard]: Kick Jimbo, he doesn't have any pvp gear.

[Battleground][Pricktard]: Kick Jimbo, his damage/healing sucks

[Battleground][Pricktard]: Kick Jimbo, um...just kick him ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The small advantage of getting rid of AFK players and bots seems vastly outweighed by all the players who would abuse the system to kick players who weren't in full pvp gear or ranking high on the scoreboard, and whatever else. While I don't appreciate (much less want to encourage) afk honour leaches, I think that players deserve a leniency with regard to gear and skill in unrated games that other players might not be willing to grant.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

would be abused far too much, especially since you have av preform addon still around.

Deleted
    [Battleground][Pricktard]: Kick Jimbo, he doesn't have any pvp gear.

[Battleground][Pricktard]: Kick Jimbo, his damage/healing sucks
    U think it's so unfair to kick some1 without a single pvp item and unable to do dmg sorry?
    that's the typical blood dk fully pve geared..
    Am i get payed somehow to attempt in boosting u then?

Quote Originally Posted by frengo123 View Post
    U think it's so unfair to kick some1 without a single pvp item and unable to do dmg sorry?
    that's the typical blood dk fully pve geared..
    Am i get payed somehow to attempt in boosting u then?
    so you started at level 85 with full cataclysmic gear right?

I can't imagine how badly such a system would be abused. It wouldn't even be worth the benefits of having it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do people check their allys names? I mean a vote kick pops up while youre in the combat. Right in the middle of your screen. "kick X" people just click yes without checking who he is and bam someones kicked.

I freaking hate it when a vote to kick happens in a dungeon for absolutely no reason. I click no but no one else is paying attention and just absent-mindedly click yes. I'd be fucking pissed if I was the one getting booted in such a way. That's what'd happen in bgs too especially since half the time most of the players run around blindly doing nothing anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Never, I personally like the AFK people/bads/Bots. They add a unique culture to the random bg community that I don't want to be taken away. I mean if everything was "perfect" there would be no conflict which means less fun. You got to admit with all of the complaining about Bots/bads/Afk people, sometimes you just have to sit back and be like "You know what, I love it."

Oh yeah and the people that rage in the chat. I love those people. There's nothing better than coming home from work and playing wow to see a guy in the chat say "You guys all suck, stop fighting in the roads." Then you see people sometimes even me fighting in the roads for kills. I don't know I think its funny. Nothing would be fun if random bgs were 100% serious. Its like in low level dungeons when I see a hunter spamming muti shot or a tank taking his role 110% serious. Its adorable and these people should be given medals for their service to this well diverse community.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    ........ sometimes you just have to sit back and be like "You know what, I love it."
    That is what makes me still like the game up untill some level, of course.

You can kick people now if multiple members of the BG report him. Just so you know...
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

For AFkers and bots sure, but how can you limit it to those situations? You can't kick someone for having poor gear or not being very skilled. How are they supposed to learn but in randoms BGs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely against it, keep the elitism in pve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrockks View Post
    Completely against it, keep the elitism in pve.
    Ah yes, because nobody ever brags about their ratings or the time they beat 3 players at once ;p
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter