Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Standard Blizzard unit frames - they got all i need and i really like the design.

I use Stuf. More customization than Shadowed and easier to use than Pitbull. Their raid frames leave a lot to be desired, however, so I use Grid for those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    It's still oUF, so your whole post is only partially true. The topic is, what UNIT FRAME do you use. And the unit frame is oUF, not ElvUI. ElvUI just put on a bunch of stuff PLUS a layout for oUF - with an ingame config. Nothing more, nothing less. So, it is oUF.

It would be right if you say "I use oUF with the layout of ElvUI" - not "I use ElvUI".

So, you have a choice: you accept that I am right and you are only partially right or we can go on like this forever.
    It isn't oUF though. The author of ElvUI wrote the whole user interface replacement from the bottom up. If it was oUF you'd have that both in your add-ons frame while logged out and in the systems tray while logged in. oUF shows up in neither when ElvUI is installed. I said the author modeled her unit frames after oUF, but it isn't oUF add-on.

I know it's splitting hairs but the way I just described it is the proper way.

P.S.- All I can think is that you're jelly of ElvUI's popularity over your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    It isn't oUF though. The author of ElvUI wrote the whole user interface replacement from the bottom up. If it was oUF you'd have that both in your add-ons frame while logged out and in the systems tray while logged in. oUF shows up in neither when ElvUI is installed. I said the author modeled her unit frames after oUF, but it isn't oUF add-on.

I know it's splitting hairs but the way I just described it is the proper way.
    So now I know you don't have clue about ElvUI or oUF in general. You know, you can use oUF embbed? Then you don't have it in your interface list but still using it, INSIDE THE LAYOUT. There are some layouts who does this, like oUF_Freebgrid.

Nobody said it was an oUF Addon. It is a layout. It's different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizendragon View Post
    P.S.- All I can think is that you're jelly of ElvUI's popularity over your own.
    Oh, now you are getting personal. This is kinda funny since if I were jelly, I would put my UI on for download. So I guess you are wrong. I never said I don't like ElvUI itself, I like it. It is just that people don't appreciate who made the core of the unit frames - and all the different addons where he/she/whatever got his inspiration or such.

It is funny that just because I want that people now that it isn't just an unit frame, it is an ui replacement. The unit frame itself is just oUF with the layout. So I don't know why you came up with such a pussy insult. My guess is you just don't have any valid argument. So.. believe what you want. <3
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-09-15 at 06:27 PM.
    oh, honey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    So now I know you don't have clue about ElvUI or oUF in general. You know, you can use oUF embbed? Then you don't have it in your interface list but still using it, INSIDE THE LAYOUT. There are some layouts who does this, like oUF_Freebgrid.

Nobody said it was an oUF Addon. It is a layout. It's different.
    I wasn't aware of this, and I know how to admit that I am wrong.

Oh, now you are getting personal. This is kinda funny since if I were jelly, I would put my UI on for download. So I guess you are wrong. I never said I don't like ElvUI itself, I like it. It is just that people (except Elv, 'cause he mentioned it in his .toc) don't appreciate who made the core of the unit frames - and all the different addons where he/she/whatever got his inspiration or such.

It is funny that just because I want that people now that it isn't just an unit frame, it is an ui replacement. The unit frame itself is just oUF with the layout. So I don't know why you came up with such a pussy insult. My guess is you just don't have any valid argument. So.. believe what you want. <3
    You're mistaking a personal jab with gentle light hearted ribbing. :P I know you didn't put it in the thread as a shameless plug, I simply noticed it in your sig.

Okay.

As I said, it's not that I don't like Elv or TukUI*. It's just the fact that nobody mention which is basically what makes the UFs working - and that you can have the same - or nearly same w/o having all the other stuff what Elv/TukUI brings to you. And since this thread is about unit frames, not ui replacements, it was worth mentioning.

And I have my UI in my signature, sure. But just a screenshot with all the addons I use. What I have on WoWInterface is just an old small addon I made (inspired by rdji's old clock addon and Evl's clock addon) for my UI. I stopped uploading my whole UI since the end of WotLK. I just show what I have now. There is a small difference.

* = I do like the idea of this UI, it's not exactly my style but yeah, it has his right as one of the most popular UIs out there.
    oh, honey.

Deleted
    I use Elvui too

I like it but how do I change Player, Target and Focus unit frame to original Blizzard default?

IceHUD. The layout and ability to add timers is fantastic. It can be set up to look very clean and the fact that it's a HUD means the information you need is all right there where you're looking anyways.

Big fan of Pitbull4 right now. Not super user friendly to figure out how to configure but once you do it's super quick.

oUF_Mlight
    and
    oUF_NiN

Both are absolutely amazing layouts I've used.

Lols at the Elv/Tuk vs oUF argument =/ They're both based/use the oUF framework but embedded into their own addon - and are both AMAZINGLY well done layouts. I remember when TukUI first came out, I might be mistaken (someone please correct me), but wasn't there an oUF_Tukz layout in the oooooooooooooooldschool TukUI interface?