Poll: What review scores will MoP get?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    Hi everyone, what review scores do you think MoP will get?

I think it will get around 60% because it's not as good as the previous expansions for WoW like WOTLK, TBC and Vanilla.

It is also too similar to them and I think this will make the reviews bad.
    Wow. You really haven't even looked at MoP have you?

Deleted
    I think it will get around 60% because it's not as good as the previous expansions for WoW like WOTLK, TBC and Vanilla.
    All right then? Why is it not as good? Ah wait, it's a mere Kung-fu panda game with Pokémon and Farmville, my bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megara View Post
    All right then? Why is it not as good? Ah wait, it's a mere Kung-fu panda game with Pokémon and Farmville, my bad.
    No, it's more of the same thing. That's why. Nothing really groundbreaking or no big changes/implementations. Same shit different zone.

Edit: I just remembered Challenge modes, thats one of the changes that peaked my curiosity..and I won't comment much on that because I don't know how "hard" it is yet or how rewarding.
    Last edited by Beefsquatch; 2012-09-14 at 12:49 PM.

other than the stereotypical opinion in this post (old expansion better than today's expansion)

But Vanilla was not an expansion.

Deleted
    MoP has much more expansion content than cataclysm and wotlk had. I think that's a big plus.

On the other hand it lacks innovation and is just more of the same.

Because it does not excel over previous expansions, but is still a solid continuation, I think honest reviewers will give it a 7/10 or a B-. If it's worse they'd ignore the rich feature set, the adequate execution of the asia themed pandaria zones and the talent changes. If they give it more they ignore the evolution of other games in the last years and how wow is still years behind the competition in terms of story presentation (voice overs, lip synchronization, in game videos etc.). Not much improvement can be seen there, while the quest quality has increased slightly over cataclysm, it's far from feeling fresh, new and great.
    Last edited by mmoc1c0b124cfa; 2012-09-14 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never listen to reviews. I can't tell you how many times reviewers hated a game and i loved it. They are usually to critical of things i don't care about and that drags the score down. If a review said like "game is unplayable" than i obviously wouldn't get it.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants41 View Post
    I never listen to reviews. I can't tell you how many times reviewers hated a game and i loved it. They are usually to critical of things i don't care about and that drags the score down. If a review said like "game is unplayable" than i obviously wouldn't get it.
    That's true. Reviews are not always a good indication about how much fun a game has for certain individuals. For me - I _know_ I will have fun wiping through dungeons and raids with a nice, friendly group, no matter if the execution is better or worse than GW2 or previous expansions and I know PvP is still fun even though - hypothetically - the new battleground is not as good as the old ones or I struggle with imbalance.

Reviews are like the aftertaste of the game: I may have had fun, but certain things still may have been disappointing and should be improved in the future. Bad decisions in games by developers can ruin it for some people, but don't matter at all to others. However it's the reviewer's task to point out potential pros and cons of a game he or she finds and weigh them against each other. The overall score shows more how much the reviewer thinks a game will appeal to a big group of customers than to one player specifically. If you don't care about the points he or she makes, the score doesn't say much, the more you agree with his/her points, the more relevant the score becomes for the decision whether to buy it or not.

Done beta. Will do beta tonight again, but the game feels dead inside. Nothing fresh or exciting. Same old with pandas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Done beta. Will do beta tonight again, but the game feels dead inside. Nothing fresh or exciting. Same old with pandas.
    Maybe you have not got to 90 yet but there is a ton of stuff to do.

Deleted

Question seems a bit silly, just as useful as asking something like...how many leaves do you think that tree will grow this year?

You have no idea if it's "not as good" as previous expansions, it hasn't been released yet, beta can change instantly and a lot before final release. If you think Lich King was a good expansion then there is no hope. That was the worst one imo, that was the start of all the "we don't need to leave a city anymore" stuff. TBC was the pinnacle as far as expansions go. I'm not classing Cata as an expansion, that was just a big patch for Lich Fail.

And LOL, vanilla wasn't an "expansion".

It will, however, get +90% easy, reviewers don't base their opinions on childish thoughts of previous expansions, they don't base it on the naivety of people, such as yourself, they take it for what it is. They certainly won't sit behind their desk crying that it's not the same as TBC as you and many others do. TBC was great, yes, but times change, games change, the player base has changed. Time to either accept it for what it is or move on. The majority of the player base called out for all of the changes in recent years, that suggests that the ones who are not happy with it, are not the majority. It just means they are the minority who like to make pointless and countless threads crying about the game. Blizzard will listen to the happy masses, not the crying kids throwing the toys out of their prams.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoef View Post
    Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga are two of the biggest selling artists of the last decade. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they're bad. They're obviously doing something right.
    Just because millions of people like them doesn't mean they're good. It can mean those people simply lack the option to see something greater. There can be a whole number of reason to this, fashion(as in, it's a fashion in young girls to listen to Bieber and read Twilight and if some girl's friends do it she'll do it not to be excluded), lack of proper options (where they live they lack contact with better artists), stupidity(kind of self-evident), the will to be different(for Lady Gaga, since you can't say she's a conformist in how she dresses) or simply being desilusioned with the members of opposite sex and choosing a role model you'd want of said sex based on media coverage (this applied to Bieber more).

Same for WoW. Just because it's the best sold game... ever(not sure if ever, but still), does not mean it's the best game ever. It just means that, that many people love it.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 05:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Question seems a bit silly, just as useful as asking something like...how many leaves do you think that tree will grow this year?
    I vote 17234 leaves. Next question.

15+ Year Old Account
    I won't play a game unless it's over 90%. That's just my rule...
    So I guess you've played every CoD and Halo game on the planet?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't play a game unless it's over 90%. That's just my rule...
    I'm sorry but that is a ridiculous rule. To put it lightly.

The very fact that your first post states that you think it is too much like old expansions is pretty solid proof as to why reviews are useless. MoP (along with every expansion) totally changes various aspects of the game. Not to mention the various new systems they are implementing.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing in beta, the new content feels like it has had life breathed into it that has been completely absent since BC (with the lone exception of Ulduar.) High 90s from me. I haven't been this excited after a beta, ever.

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 10:29 AM ----------

I would however dock points because the leveling (questing) experience is just as bland as ever, IMO. But (most) class gameplay and PvE content is well above the relatively low standards set by LK and Cata.

I. M. O.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Just because millions of people like them doesn't mean they're good. It can mean those people simply lack the option to see something greater. There can be a whole number of reason to this, fashion(as in, it's a fashion in young girls to listen to Bieber and read Twilight and if some girl's friends do it she'll do it not to be excluded), lack of proper options (where they live they lack contact with better artists), stupidity(kind of self-evident), the will to be different(for Lady Gaga, since you can't say she's a conformist in how she dresses) or simply being desilusioned with the members of opposite sex and choosing a role model you'd want of said sex based on media coverage (this applied to Bieber more).

Same for WoW. Just because it's the best sold game... ever(not sure if ever, but still), does not mean it's the best game ever. It just means that, that many people love it.
    If enough people are fashionable yet stupid girls, who lack proper options, and are disillusioned with the members of the opposite sex, then yes..that makes Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber good.

Good and bad, specially in art, is very subjective. You may think a song is awesome, but 99.999% of the rest of the world may disagree, does that make it bad? Does it make it bad because it is rock, and not the only true form of music...J-pop?

If 99% of gamers are baddies, and WoW makes an expansion catered to them, then yes it makes it a good expac. Well except to us 1% special snowflakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing some Beta, following mmo-champ, and watching some videos...MoP actually looks really really good.
    I'm really excited and hoping Blizzard doesn't fuck it up.

8/10.

Deleted
    Anything below 84 would be a disaster. And I still don't get why so many liked WOTLK...

Judging from the content it will ship with then it should be about the same score or higher than other xpacs. All WoW's xpac have great content at launch except maybe WotLK imo. Cata started of really amazing if you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Judging from the content it will ship with then it should be about the same score or higher than other xpacs. All WoW's xpac have great content at launch except maybe WotLK imo. Cata started of really amazing if you don't know.
    Cata got a 9/10 on most sites. Their main gripe was that is was the same old stuff that they put in every xpack: a few new races, new zones, new raids, new heroics.

With Mists they're changing a lot and adding a HUGE amount of new endgame content, plus new features.

It might be a 9 or even higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha People still read and take websites reviews serious? What?

I dont care what ''reviews'' say, ill give it a 94%, for the content presented at launch that is.