Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Jesus those are tacky.
    Pricey, too. I didn't think spandex pants were $75 apiece.

I'd go with galaxy purple, though. If you're going to scream for attention, you might as well scream so loudly their eyes start puking blood.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    YOU HAS NO SWAG?

I'm guessing your like... old?
    I'm 19, on Facebook, I have heaps of kids from my old school from like 15+.
    The current thing to talk about is 'swag'.
    No idea what it is, but it's whatever the current fad is.
    90% of things on Tumblr revolve around people talking about having swag, and having captions over their photos, and all the girls wear those Galaxy leggings.
    /Fin
    I'm 31, and the term Swag had meaning before the most recent group of new acronyms like YOLO and such ever came into fruition. It was known as Swagger (Walk or behave in a very confident and typically arrogant or aggressive way), which honestly is exactly the opposite of the application it seems to be used here. The world changes fast it seems. It does however blow my mind that "Goth" and these pastel colors are used together, so I obviously have nothing useful to contribute here.

OT: I seriously doubt you'll find any useful opinions from anyone who graduation more than 2 years ago, because people of that age typically realize how fleeting and innocuous these fads are. I hope you find the best pair of skin tight sailor moon anime style tights for your friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleeq View Post
    OT: I seriously doubt you'll find any useful opinions from anyone who graduation more than 2 years ago, because people of that age typically realize how fleeting and innocuous these fads are. I hope you find the best pair of skin tight sailor moon anime style tights for your friend.
    News at 11: Old people, bitter about being old, rage at new young people fads. Young people get uptight and call them old. World is shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    News at 11: Old people, bitter about being old, rage at new young people fads. Young people get uptight and call them old. World is shocked.
    Nothing in my post was bitter, just displaying the fact that I don't understand the fad. Also said that it would be unlikely anyone who isn't a teenager would be worthy of useful input to the question, and attempted to part some wisdom by simply pointing out that fads are short, and harmless. So I don't feel bad not being in the know.
    If that is bitter, and raging, I am sorry.

Deleted
    Why would people be hateful towards people who want to spend money to look good?

I generally wear a full attire (shirt, tie, trousers, shoes) that reach into the £200-250 mark.

I don't think it's a sin to want to spend good money on good clothes and look good as a result.

I do love these leggings though, I'm going to make a purchase for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarissaxoxo View Post
    I don't think it's a sin to want to spend good money on good clothes and look good as a result.

I completely agree with you, and with anyone who wants to spend money to look however they want. There are some situations where this isn't always the best course of action; like when you have 5 kids and you buy the newest fubu short-set instead of cereal for your kids. However in this case it would appear that the OP doesn't seem to have a monetary ethical issue to take into account. So good on them, I hope their friend looks fabulous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would people be hateful towards people who want to spend money to look good?

I generally wear a full attire (shirt, tie, trousers, shoes) that reach into the £200-250 mark.

It's not a sin to spend good money on good clothes, but $75 for a pair of pants is completely absurd, especially a pair of pants that can't be worn just anywhere - I'd love to see you apply for a decent job wearing those or work in a business environment in them.

I have no problem spending $100 on a pair of quality leather workboots, but that's because I use them for everything. $75 on an article of clothing that you're only going to use occasionally is an awful use of good money.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    My friend could wear those leggings to work as she works at Cyberdog, plus they're really good quality. Excellent quality in fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dead of Dead
    -K

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Blimey, goth (or semi-goth) has changed a lot. I feel very old now.
    Good luck OP, hope you find something she likes.

Personally think they're vile, but horses for courses. If we all liked the same stuff the world would be a very boring place!
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleeq View Post
    Nothing in my post was bitter, just displaying the fact that I don't understand the fad. Also said that it would be unlikely anyone who isn't a teenager would be worthy of useful input to the question, and attempted to part some wisdom by simply pointing out that fads are short, and harmless. So I don't feel bad not being in the know.
    If that is bitter, and raging, I am sorry.
    Yeah, I was just giving you a rough time, because the back-and-forth sounded like my parents getting annoyed at me for talking about stuff they don't understand. ^^

It was pretty tongue-in-cheek; I think the whole "young/old" crap is pretty tiresome in the modern age due to how the world works now. I've met obnoxiously trendy 60 year olds, and college students who have no clue what anything trending is, and everything in-between. Stereotyping is really hard work these days. :p

10+ Year Old Account
    Haunted or Galaxy pink

Deleted
    I made my choice and am going for purple .

Hopefully she'll like it!

Now I need to pick out a top.

Good god those things hurt my eyes.

Granted, I only looked at the day of the dead ones, but really?

I guess everyone's getting so desensitized to visual stimuli that people are having to get more and more outrageous to get noticed... Ah well, it'll come full circle again eventually. I just fear for my eyes until that happens. The neon fad is almost too much, already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torq View Post
    Good god those things hurt my eyes.

Granted, I only looked at the day of the dead ones, but really?

I guess everyone's getting so desensitized to visual stimuli that people are having to get more and more outrageous to get noticed... Ah well, it'll come full circle again eventually. I just fear for my eyes until that happens. The neon fad is almost too much, already.
    Are you from the 1950s? This type of clothing is awesome: insanity and madness is what is considered "cool".

Are you from the 1950s? This type of clothing is awesome: insanity and madness is what is considered "cool".
    This thread makes me feel old. And I'm only 24.

Thanks OP.
    No world! You put YOUR hands up!

God those are hideous, and I couldn't imagine the thought process of anyone who'd choose to wear such clothes, but if I HAD to choose one for someone, it definitely be Arachnid. Definitely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

What Electromatt said. I'm only 25. To see fashion trends shift so rapidly and so drastically over such short periods of time is kinda... telling.

But no, insanity and madness are what you consider "cool." To state that it "is what is" considered "cool," is an exceptionally broad statement. Seems to me your mindset is very small, and you consider "everyone" to be your particular subculture.

I should hope that changes before you become an adult; learn to look beyond your own social circles, and realize there's a very large, and very diverse world out there; the majority of which probably doesn't agree with you on what is "cool."

The other part to that equation is to realize that, more often than not, someone who's of a differing opinion over something so subject is probably not attacking you, and doesn't need to be insulted in turn.

Don't worry, I'm not treading on your turf; you don't need to treat me as a threat.

Deleted
    I'm 21 and my friend is 26.

Call it a unique fashion sense if you like. I'd agree with that. I think they're pretty though: very striking to look at. Clothes should be designed like that.

I'm 21 and my friend is 26.

Call it a unique fashion sense if you like. I'd agree with that. I think they're pretty though: very striking to look at. Clothes should be designed like that.
    Striking, sure. But when more and more people start wearing them, it's going to wreak havoc on your ability to identify people at any distance. Too many clashing shapes, colors, and things to break up outlines.

You'd get about the same result if you went to a party in the middle of the woods where everyone was wearing camo. You'd get pretty disoriented after a few minutes.

[E] And no, it's far from unique, so to call it that is pretty presumptuous. I understand why you want it to be unique, though; you're just going to eventually have to accept that it's not, nor will it ever be.