i5-2500 or amd six core?

which of these two processors run better?

AMD FX-6120 six-core processor [3.6GHz, 6MB L2/8MB L3 Cache]

2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 quad-core processor [3.3GHz, 6MB cache]

Intel, intel, intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Intel 2500k over, and over, and over, and over again! AMD's performance, specifically in gaming, lags behind Intels core processors!!!
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Deleted
    Normally I would say Intel but this time I say Intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Normally I would say Intel but this time I say Intel.
    I c wut u did thar

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 09:44 AM ----------

If you're planning on buying a PC and it's between these two processors, I'd go with the i5-2500k, except bump it up by ~$20 and just buy the i5-3570k.

You can refer to this chart to compare cpus http://www.cpubenchmark.net/high_end_cpus.html
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Does it have to say 2500k to be the same thing because the website that im ordering it from just says 2500.

Without hesitation the i5-2500, and if possible get the the "K" model.

AMD has a good price/performance ratio, but I'd recommend Intel.

10+ Year Old Account
    The K means unlocked, which means you can very easily overclock it should you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by jadenprince View Post
    Does it have to say 2500k to be the same thing because the website that im ordering it from just says 2500.
    You can contact their customer support to ask them if they have 2500k, because 2500 and 2500k differ on the OC abilities.

Get the k model if you want to overclock, and you should. You can put it to 4ghz with zero effort and 4.5 with a tiny bit of effort.

Even at stock speeds, it's leagues beyond any AMD processor on the market for gaming.

As far as I understand, the 'k' version has the only difference that it is unlocked for overclocking. So yeah, get that one.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

sweet thanks also, what intel processors run better than the amd six core? because im on a 850$ budget and i need quality for the parts im adding to ensure top speeds when running WoW.

sweet thanks also, what intel processors run better than the amd six core? because im on a 850$ budget and i need quality for the parts im adding to ensure top speeds when running WoW.
    All of the Core i3, i5 and i7 series processors.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can fit the i5-2500k into your $850 budget, you can refer to Marest's Sample Computer Builds here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Sample-Builds

I'll be different and say go with Intel.

i5 2500k no doubt upgraded from a amd Athlon X2 duel core 3.0
    to i5 2500k oc to 4.2 and the difference in wow is incredible, only go to about 35 FPS in orgimar on illidan US Horde, and anywhere else never ever drop below 50 FPS everything on ultra with shadow on high, at 1080 resolution.
    i7 3770k @ 4.3 GHz | Cool Master Evo Push/Pull | Asrock z77 Extreme 4 | GTX 680 4GB SLI | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | WD Blue 1TB | CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB| Seasonic X850W | Thermaltake Element V Black Edition| CrossOver 27Q 2560x1440 S-IPS 27" Monitor | Razer DeathStalker |Naga MMO Champion |Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

10+ Year Old Account
    Now is a great time to grab a 2500k as well. I noticed we had some at work for $150. Unbelievable price.