Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    You don't see what Vic is doing offscreen and General Garza is mentioning that, despite his behavior, he is "the best" in what he is doing which is shown additionally when you come to Balmorra to pull him out of there by his "wanne be" superior. (aka... you just come and take the best they've got with you without any information for what)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    You don't see what Vic is doing offscreen
    But we do see that he was INCAPABLE of blowing up the one thing he was trying to blow up without our help, which means he's a pretty shitty "best" at it. His whole plan consisted of stealing a missile then using it to blow something up(ie, a plan basically anyone could come up with pretty easily), except there were defenses preventing his whole plan from working, that he couldn't get past without us. This is what we are actually shown, so we actually see from the START that this explosives expert actually isn't very good and was thwarted pretty damn easily.

Also on Balmorra, he didn't have a superior, he went AWOL to do his own thing. In other words, he betrayed his oath to the Republic to go do his own thing. Also a pretty shitty choice to fill a unit that is in the process of replacing an entire goddamn squad where the PREVIOUS members all betrayed the Republic. I mean, if I'm trying to replace an elite squad who just lost a bunch of members to defection, the LAST person I'd put on the team is an untrustworthy guy who already has an established history of LEAVING HIS UNIT because of his greed. I mean, what's to stop the Empire from, you know, paying him off?

He surely wasn't rated the "best" by general Garza because he is in the process of fucking up one single mission... you don't really believe that do you? He is a crazy bomb dude which you need because you are in for a crazy operation. And though he is AWOL... his "superior" isn't really upset about it... it's rather..
    well we can't restrain him anyway so as long as he is doing it for our side... let's keep him going.

He surely wasn't rated the "best" by general Garza because he is in the process of fucking up one single mission... you don't really believe that do you? He is a crazy bomb dude which you need because you are in for a crazy operation. And though he is AWOL... his "superior" isn't really upset about it... it's rather..
    But that's the thing, if *I* don't fuck up the mission, why can't he? If we're the best at what we do, he shouldn't need my help on an, as you put it, SIMPLE mission. Hell, we see that he didn't even have a real plan beyond "steal missile", which is not exactly evidence in his favor. And his superior being upset is irrelevant, it doesn't change that this guy BETRAYED HIS OATH, which is pretty much the same thing the former Havok Squad members did in chapter 1, except...they actually did it because they felt they were betrayed and hurt by the Republic. Vic just did it cause he's a damn greedy merc and wanted a big payday. So if he's willing to betray the oath for money once, what's to stop it from happening again when the Empire checks his background, gets this info, and opens it's checkbook?

He may or may not be the best option for you squad in a longterm but he did his share for this operation.. and you don't fuck up the mission because you're the leader of havoc squad and not just "one" from havoc squad.

He may or may not be the best option for you squad in a longterm but he did his share for this operation.. and you don't fuck up the mission because you're the leader of havoc squad and not just "one" from havoc squad.
    But...he DIDN"T do his share for this operation. I did the work, he pushed a button. Pushing buttons is hard I guess, takes an elite pro?

And umm, I'm the leader of Havok Squad NOW, but just a short time ago I was the new recruit, I only moved up to leader because the entire rest of the group defected.

Deleted
    Trooper was my first 50 .. and i loved the story line.

Being promoted after major events, commanding an elite squad is something that makes your dreams fly .

Troopers get the captain title after like 40 levels.
    Scoundrels get it at level 1 or so

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Because a pirate captain and military captain are the same thing.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post
    Scoundrels give it to themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Scoundrels give it to themselves.
    Yup. The codex entry literally says that Smugglers just start calling themselves "Captain" because it gets them more business.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    But...he DIDN"T do his share for this operation. I did the work, he pushed a button. Pushing buttons is hard I guess, takes an elite pro?

And umm, I'm the leader of Havok Squad NOW, but just a short time ago I was the new recruit, I only moved up to leader because the entire rest of the group defected.
    Stop looking at the only mission you are actually involved concerning Vic.. you are however not involved in the tens/ hundreds of missions this guy did in his career.
    And no... at the time you get Vic you are the leader of Havoc squad because you proofed yourself worth it over and over.

The scoundrel story also starts kinda different.... I don't see the big deal

I highly enjoyed trooper story and I dunno wtf ppl are unhappy with.
    I had this badass military chick who was supposed to kick imps ass. I expected this and I got exactly what I expected. Absolute imp ass kicking. I'm satisfied.

I would have expected that you will be forced onto the same decision, the early havoc squad was.... stay with the republic or become a thread to the republic.

Stop looking at the only mission you are actually involved concerning Vic.. you are however not involved in the tens/ hundreds of missions this guy did in his career.
    And no... at the time you get Vic you are the leader of Havoc squad because you proofed yourself worth it over and over.
    We are introduced to him as a fuckup. He already had a reputation for being unreliable. He is already a traitor, in military terms, as he abandoned his post to go do something else, for money. He should be jailed, not promoted.

And yes, at the time you get Vic, you are rebuilding HS because all the rest of the members defected, and you were promoted because you were the only one who didn't. It's not like years have passed at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    We are introduced to him as a fuckup. He already had a reputation for being unreliable. He is already a traitor, in military terms, as he abandoned his post to go do something else, for money. He should be jailed, not promoted.

And yes, at the time you get Vic, you are rebuilding HS because all the rest of the members defected, and you were promoted because you were the only one who didn't. It's not like years have passed at this point.
    I guess that should be the point where you either agree or don't agree that without Vic... you couldn't have been successful at the end of your story.

At the time you get Vic you almost have a full team, meaning in your story you progressed fairly far into it.

so it wasnt the fact that in the trooper storyline you litterally had to travel back to coruscant after and during every planet? and sometimes up to 5 times between completeing a planet.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Bioware should have made people walk through the galaxy so they would realize that you can get anywhere fairly fast with almost 0 efforts.

Deleted
    Not sure I agree with the OP's assessment considering...

Chapter 1: You're run around at the whim of somebody who can only be described as a pyscopath. Otherwise, Keeper chews you out.
    Chapter 2: You're basically mind controlled into doing what the SIS say.
    Chapter 3: Oh golly, you got screwed over again by the Conspirators. Best you- Oh sorry, you're the Sith's bitch again.

Trooper has a lot of "Sir, yes, sir!" but that kind of comes with the military territory. Agent felt more like Cipher Nine getting dragged along for the ride by a bunch of incompetent and/or insane individuals and left to clean up the mess whilst hoping nobody would notice.

Troopers storyline is pretty generic. So is with Jedi Consular.