Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I almost wiped on that boss the first time I did it (til I realized the usefulness of Wall of Reflection during the fight). Then I was just acting as a rezzer for the team with Wall of Reflection protecting me. Didn't even enter down mode once (was using meditation build 10/25/30/0/5). Also, refecting back 20+ stacks of bleeds to the poison golem is pure win.

Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    I almost wiped on that boss the first time I did it (til I realized the usefulness of Wall of Reflection during the fight). Then I was just acting as a rezzer for the team with Wall of Reflection protecting me. Didn't even enter down mode once (was using meditation build 10/25/30/0/5). Also, refecting back 20+ stacks of bleeds to the poison golem is pure win.
    Gah! I should have thought of that. If I ever do that on story again I'll go pistol/shield for that golem next time. That would've made that much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    You guys have to stop acting like being at the right level means you've the "right" to defeat the boss. You have to earn the kill, and that requires skill.

But I know that some people have a hard time understanding they are not as skillful as they like to think they are.
    The "Skill" in GW2 dungeons is being specc'd and Traited correctly. That's not something you can organically learn from the encounter-that requires you to know a lot more about your class than the game presents a lot of the time. Knowledge is 75% of the battle in this game when it comes to dungeons.

And in that, they are an anomaly. No other part of the game so abuses you for not being specced into the "Right" tratits-and Structured PvP has an entirely different template for you to tinker with, allowing you to go in and out of it with impunity.

Not so with dungeons. At level 30, you can a pat on the back, get an elite skill and then get a letter saying to come have a cool party fun times in Ascalonian Catacombs.

It doesn't give you any indication at all that this will wreck your shit if you're not specc'd to the T and with a group that knows *Exactly* what they're doing.

The game is essentially taking you to content that more resembles progression raiding in it's level of demanded coordination, and does not offer you any flexibility to be able to change your setup on the fly. The traits you walk in with are the ones you're stuck with unless you want to take the whole team back to the re-trainer, spending money on the porting, there-trating, and the porting back. on top of any repair bills.

At this point in time, Dungeons are a money sink with paltry rewards and an obscene requirement for what little they give in *any* capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Am I alone in thinking bosses reset in dungeons/games for a good reason? Sure it'll make it 'harder' but by harder I mostly mean "as hard as it was meant to be". I get that dieing and rezzing is part of a GW fight, but IMO the graveyard zerg takes away pretty much all that difficulty. It could be as simple as blocking teleports/respawn during combat.

I find it very hard to enjoy a dungeon when bosses are trivialized.
    The downside to graveyard zerg is you at least have to have 1 competent player to keep the boss going if your whole group sucks the one good player shouldn't have to be punished with going against the boss solo because he is doing everything right.

For example I actually soloed half of the 3rd golem in sorrows embrace story while everyone else just stood there and waited for me to die. I dodged wrong and a poison barrage got me .

The second downside to graveyard zerging is the repair cost, if you are constantly zerging I hope you like wasting your money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The second downside to graveyard zerging is the repair cost, if you are constantly zerging I hope you like wasting your money.
    ^really all there is to it. It's funny how many people are willing to just run a dungeon naked.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixhart View Post
    It doesn't give you any indication at all that this will wreck your shit if you're not specc'd to the T and with a group that knows *Exactly* what they're doing.

The game is essentially taking you to content that more resembles progression raiding in it's level of demanded coordination, and does not offer you any flexibility to be able to change your setup on the fly. The traits you walk in with are the ones you're stuck with unless you want to take the whole team back to the re-trainer, spending money on the porting, there-trating, and the porting back. on top of any repair bills.

At this point in time, Dungeons are a money sink with paltry rewards and an obscene requirement for what little they give in *any* capacity.
    That's exaggerating a little. The dungeons *are* harder, but they're not tuned to such a degree that you can't clear them without knowing how to handle the mechanics before starting the pull.

You also don't have to spend a single copper on re-traiting to clear these places. It's just proper skill management and being able to dodge various mechanics. But on top of that, you'd have to be naive to think that glass cannon builds are viable in all forms of content in this game. People still think "big numbers = win" and that people can actually see your "cool crits" when the game is simply about surviving the encounters. The biggest problem I saw in my AC runs was the lack of attention a lot of players have in regards to their toon's health. Only healing with they're at 1% if they notice, not moving from red circles, failing to dodge away then the boss telegraphs a hard hitting move. Everyone is in a big rush to zerg stuff down and they think running/rolling away is a fail.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Too many casuals in the game and changing the zerg boss strat would not go down well

Quote Originally Posted by wartywarlock View Post
    Am I alone in thinking bosses reset in dungeons/games for a good reason? Sure it'll make it 'harder' but by harder I mostly mean "as hard as it was meant to be". I get that dieing and rezzing is part of a GW fight, but IMO the graveyard zerg takes away pretty much all that difficulty. It could be as simple as blocking teleports/respawn during combat.

I find it very hard to enjoy a dungeon when bosses are trivialized.
    "I can't help myself from doing something that I don't want to do so please ANET stop me from doing it." Is what I read, you have the option to not GY zerg and that will reset the boss once everyone has wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    The downside to graveyard zerg is you at least have to have 1 competent player to keep the boss going if your whole group sucks the one good player shouldn't have to be punished with going against the boss solo because he is doing everything right.

For example I actually soloed half of the 3rd golem in sorrows embrace story while everyone else just stood there and waited for me to die. I dodged wrong and a poison barrage got me .

You dont need the competent player.

Again, in bossses with adds, if you focus an add and kill it, and then the whole group wipes, the add wont respawn, making the next attempt a lot easier.

In the boss with golems, if you wipe in a certain golem, the fight doesnt reset to the previous golems even if the group wipes.

Etc, etc, etc, in general, bosses dont reset.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    ^really all there is to it. It's funny how many people are willing to just run a dungeon naked.
    We already had this discussion, but the way ANet and non official fans sold the game, i was expecting that any group with any spec would be able to complete every content.

When they said you wouldnt need a tank or healer i wasnt expecting that they were implying you would need a support, i assumed no roles were going to be needed and every spec would have the neccesary utility to complete the content.