Question about ret gemming

I was wonder if we gem haste > strength now? I've found a great paladin that's using quite a few fierce gems over bold and I dont know why.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%AAd/advanced

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Helps reduce ability and global cooldowns via Sanctity of Battle. Currently, Fierce gems are simming as more significant DPS increases than the normal Bolds.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    Currently, Fierce gems are simming as more significant DPS increases than the normal Bolds.
    For MoP this is correct, but currently this is wrong. I just ran a sim on the Pally in question and myself http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...endella/simple and I'm simming 45795 to his/her 45151. So geming str/haste is wrong @ lvl 85 unless its a yellow socket.

edit: forgot to mention we have the exact same gear.

Rendella Retribution Paladin for Dawn of the Dead Zul'jin-US

MoP will change things a bit, once everything is finalized and we start raiding i think most of it will depend on socket bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by silvertitan View Post
    MoP will change things a bit, once everything is finalized and we start raiding i think most of it will depend on socket bonuses.
    For the first tier you'll be gemming mainly haste because of the double budget for secondary stats on gems.

SimC keeps crashing for me so I can't analyze anything for myself but I went pretty much full on fierce gems and I've seen higher numbers than pretty much every Ret paladin I've run with so far and they all had their str gems still, even ones that are fully BiS. This is pretty anecdotal evidence, obviously, since there are probably many other factors at play but since I can't sim things for myself I would love some more definite answers as well for 85.
    This is me in case anyone wants to do a sim:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Tbolt/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    A little late to this, this is something you want to do in MoP when the secondary stat gems have double the budget of primary stat gems.

Not right now, though at this point it's screw all have fun. Which is probably what he's doing. At this point take it all with a grain of salt.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature