Cool Which 24" monitor?

Decided to go with 2 24" monitors instead of getting a 27". Alot cheaper and not sure i have the desk room to use a 27 and one of my current ones.

so i did a search on newegg for 24" monitor with 1920x1080 resolution and 2ms response time and narrowed it down to 2 different monitors:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...E24-236-153-TS

one is $170 with free shipping and a $15 rebate and a contrast ratio of 10 mil to 1

other is $200 with $9 shipping and a contrast ratio of 50 mil to 1

other the price difference not too much is different about them other then the $200 one says its a widescreen and the $170 one has speakers but the speakers mean nothing since chances are i will never use them. $200 one has a dvi connector and the $170 one has a dvi-d, other 2 connections are the same.

so my question is am i really going to notice the different contrast ratios of the $200 one just playing wow and borderlands 2? Plan is to order 2 and finally have dual monitors of the same size. so it comes down to $340 (with $30 rebates) free shipping or $400 no rebates and another $18 for shipping.

if anyone has any comments or can tell me why the other one $200 monitor is worth the extra money for what i am going to use it for please comment and help me pick. thank you and have a nice day.

15+ Year Old Account
    ASUS VW246H is what I went with and no complaints at all, Looks like your choices are based on high contrast ratio and low and a LED Back-light, Mine is right in the middle but no back-light and I'm beyond happy with it so if the quality of those 248 monitors is anything like the 246 I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by Requital; 2012-09-14 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

didnt really think about it but i dont think either of my current monitors are back-lit at all, let me try to google the difference between led back-lit and not, lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 06:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Requital View Post
    ASUS VW246H is what I went with and no complaints at all, Looks like your choices are based on high contrast ratio and low and a LED Back-light, Mine is right in the middle but no back-light and I'm beyond happy with it so if the quality of those 248 monitors is anything like the 246 I highly recommend it.
    isnt the contrast ratio listed on your monitor 20k to 1 vs the 10 mil to 1 and 50 mil to 1 on the 2 i linked?
    Last edited by lazybum; 2012-09-14 at 11:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazybum View Post
    didnt really think about it but i dont think either of my current monitors are back-lit at all, let me try to google the difference between led back-lit and not, lol

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 06:31 PM ----------

isnt the contrast ratio listed on your monitor 20k to 1 vs the 10 mil to 1 and 50 mil to 1 on the 2 i linked?
    Yup sure is, But my opinion would still be the same if the 248 is anything close to the 246 I love this monitor it's been great has an awesome picture and use it as a TV all the time as well and no complaints at all.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

have a tri-monitor set up on my desk, well sort of. i have my 32 led tv and then my 2 monitors all in a slight arc. really dont have to turn my head far to see the tv or the 2nd monitor where i have my web browser open on. ordered 2 of the monitors for $170 and wouldnt you know one of the 3 states newegg has to charge sales tax in i live in lol. either way will be nice to have 2 monitors that are the same size finally and some monitors that werent a cheap walmart special.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very nice, I run 2 of the VW246H Monitors and I love them really debating on getting a 3rd just haven't made up my mind. Great picture and so far great quality you should enjoy them.

On my current desk I got tired of the 2 monitor stands and went with (2) 3 Way Adjustable Tilting Desk Mount Brackets and really love them if you ever need a desk mount option cheap sturdy and perfect.