Poll: Add a Science forum Subsection?

Thread: Science Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Would it be okay to create a petition thread in the Generals Discussion? I may be interested for a lore subforum instead, but I'd like to know if its save to make a petition for it. The petition should likely have a yes/no poll aswell.
    That won't increase the amount of threads relevant to the topic. If you browse General Off-topic, you would see a lot of political based threads, some random stuff, and barely anything science-y. If you want it to happen, make it interesting and start talking about comets that are brighter than the moon.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I'd love it if there was like 4-5 new science threads there a day.
    i can kick start it off
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Supporting this movement! Afuiamks ljnjfun jm needs to be done! This is my fav forum site and it needs this science and technology thingy nowwwwwwwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Would it be okay to create a petition thread in the Generals Discussion? I may be interested for a lore subforum instead, but I'd like to know if its save to make a petition for it. The petition should likely have a yes/no poll aswell.
    There's no point in a petition thread -- either there are enough posts to warrant another forum, or there aren't. It's not whether people say they're interested, it's whether there's actual discussion about the topic.

If you're really interested in a forum for a particular subtopic, start creating and posting in interesting threads about it, and get people excited about doing the same.

What I think Sunshine is saying here, is that there's no perceivable draw for this forum at this time - there are no threads to support science or theorising in non-game topics.
    It would thus be a doubtful decision to create a forum and hope the threads gather, rather than an approach saying "Create threads. If interest keeps up.. Maybe"

10+ Year Old Account
    There is plenty of discussion about this topic, technology/science related topics popup frequently. I should of added a poll.

So what is the actual requirement or a guesstimate where you would actually consider such forum?
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by H3llion View Post
    There is plenty of discussion about this topic, technology/science related topics popup frequently. I should of added a poll.

So what is the actual requirement or a guesstimate where you would actually consider such forum?
    I'm looking at the Gen OT front page right now and I see one topic, and even that is probably on the cusp of a "science" thread (phone lock thread). If you guys really want a science forum, you're not showing much practical interest.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

As long as filthy pseudosciences don't tag along.

15+ Year Old Account

It just has to be a "reasonable" amount of interest. I can't really define that in terms of exact numbers of posts; it's just something where we can gradually notice that we seem to have a lot of science discussion.

Like I said, a poll is totally irrelevant; it's not about how many people say they're interested, it's about how many people actually post.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If you really love this idea, participate in science-related discussions in the current forum. We're not going to create a new forum unless we see sufficient interest, and right now there just aren't enough science discussions.

I'd love to have a good place to discuss science, and I definitely support the idea, but we don't want to create a forum that's going to be empty.
    So since you do not want empty threads will the rp/rift/swtor forums be 'put down'? They're activity is very sub-par.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this idea, aiming to either be a disc jockey or scientist in the future. There are a lot of interesting discussions that could be "archived" there, like if there is a discussion about the string theory, anti-matter or higher dimensions, it will be easier to find them in the science forum rather than going through off topic forums, search engine is not at its very finest when searching for an exact topic you want to see

off topic: sc2 forum ples.
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have added a poll, lets see how many will vote on it ^^
    -K

I have added a poll, lets see how many will vote on it ^^
    I Don't see how they can make it any clearer than "poll is irrelevant"...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I Don't see how they can make it any clearer than "poll is irrelevant"...
    Does it hurt to have a poll running?

Actually iv added the poll without realizing what Sunshine has said about it being irrelevant, it was few days after his reply so I have forgotten about that comment.
    -K

I dont mind discussion about science if it is civil and open. I just dont wanna feel like I am at school or university again. We are here for fun only and starting this boring stuff like school is not fun at all.

Deleted
    Strongly support the idea, i think that it would be interesting and good, and i've been a long time lurker extremely rare poster but would happily engage in topics related to science. definitely would love this.