Poll: Add a Science forum Subsection?

Thread: Science Forum

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Science Forum

There are quite few Science topics which pop up, it would be great if there was a dedicated forum for Science discussions under the General Off-Topic.
    -K

Deleted
    To be fair, whilst I wouldn't mind this so I don't have to sift through lots of off-topic posts to get to the science posts that I am interested in, I am willing to bet the traffic won't be anywhere near high enough to justify it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishau View Post
    To be fair, whilst I wouldn't mind this so I don't have to sift through lots of off-topic posts to get to the science posts that I am interested in, I am willing to bet the traffic won't be anywhere near high enough to justify it.
    True, I guess it is rather unnecessary but it really would clear the off-topic section out. Should embrace Science
    -K

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda in love with the idea. I just don't see enough science related threads to be honest. I do however encourage the creation of new Science related threads in GenOT now! I'd love it if there was like 4-5 new science threads there a day.

I doubt science alone would merit a subforum, if it was 'Science and technology' like Blizz has, then it'll probably work out better.

I support it though, I'll contribute.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would probably require General Off-Topic to be divided into sub-sections. Which, I'm not really for or against, because there's both benefits and negatives to it.

Oh Yea please Mods. We have a forum for minecraft which hardly ever has more than 10 people in it. Most science threads go on to be very very long and encourage great debate and provide good information. Please approve this mods, this is a great idea.
    How about Science and Technology, instead of just science?

I think what's great about Gen OT is that everyone is there. Threads in Gen OT grow so quickly because people stay there, because you can expect any sort of thread to pop up at any given time. Having a science forum would make people neglect a few interesting threads purely because the threads are no longer in Gen OT. Discussion wouldn't be as fast and thorough as it would be in Gen OT, imo.

People really shouldn't be advocating for it if they want the science topics to garner more attention, because I think it would just drive attention away from the science topics. Threads in the other offtopic forums don't move as quickly as threads in Gen OT does, not just because of the topic, but because there's not as much traffic going by there.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I doubt science alone would merit a subforum, if it was 'Science and technology' like Blizz has, then it'll probably work out better.

I support it though, I'll contribute.
    Agreed, I think a Political subforum would be great too as those topics usually pop up fairly often.
    -K

Well... we need to replace the MoP general discussion with something. It might aswell be a lore of sciene forumsection

15+ Year Old Account
    I have been advocating for a science forum every time this comes up. You can say one of the reasons is because of activity but really, some forums are not that active, such as swtor or rift, but they still are a forum. And I think it would even be more active then those forums. Science is a changing thing, but a certain video game will get old, but science won't. So please don't use activity as an excuse to not have it. If you don't fine, just don't use that reason:}
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Political threads are more common with major events and near US elections. They will not disappear but be reduced.

I would like, and read, a Science forum, but I would think that it would be controversy and sour feelings since the policy on religion.

I would love for this to happen, science is awesome.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Showing my support.

Especially if it's named Apurture laboratories.

I would love it, and would actively contribute. Working in IT I don't get to flash my science background much any more, so any outlet to help educate people, offer advice and just talk about things would be amazing.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the idea.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    If you really love this idea, participate in science-related discussions in the current forum. We're not going to create a new forum unless we see sufficient interest, and right now there just aren't enough science discussions.

I'd love to have a good place to discuss science, and I definitely support the idea, but we don't want to create a forum that's going to be empty.

Surprised I haven't chimed in on this.

There aren't enough posters to warrant a completely separate forum, and the additional manpower required to separate science topics from everything else (inevitably, people will post non-science stuff in the science form, and vice/versa). It's a grand idea, but unless we get a solid surge of a couple hundred more posters that (mostly) post about science I doubt it's gonna happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of a science sub-forum. If traffic is the issue, just make it Science and Religion! Ok, so that won't work, but I'm sure if there was a science sub-forum it would get a fair amount of traffic. I don't really agree on making it science and technology because we can tell what would be the dominant topic and it would just kill it for me. Depends on how lenient we're using technology in it. If we're talking like new medical technology than I'm all for it, but if it is going to be spammed with topics about IPhone 50 than no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    If you really love this idea, participate in science-related discussions in the current forum. We're not going to create a new forum unless we see sufficient interest, and right now there just aren't enough science discussions.

I'd love to have a good place to discuss science, and I definitely support the idea, but we don't want to create a forum that's going to be empty.
    Would it be okay to create a petition thread in the Generals Discussion? I may be interested for a lore subforum instead, but I'd like to know if its save to make a petition for it. The petition should likely have a yes/no poll aswell.