Want to avoid being hacked? Stop being stupid

I went to my friend's house who recently got hacked in GW2 (also happened to him once in WoW) and of course, a 5 min overview informed me that he had disabled his anti-virus to "speed up his computer" (i5, 8GB RAM) and disabled Windows Update (8 months behind on patches and Windows Defender definitions) because he was "annoyed that it asked him to install patches all the time". A quick look in his Chrome/IE/FF history (yeah, call me an ass) informed me of all the "unsavory" sites he spent his time on, amongst these gold selling websites and a FF download history full of useless WoW mods, from unchecked websites at that. Malwarebytes found over 700 infected items and I had to restart in safe mode to allow Avast to delete his trojans.

I currently have no faith in anyone who tells me they have Antivirus/firewall/updated computers and still get hacked. I've never been victim of identity theft in 12 years (only virus attacks in early 2k cause antiviruses sucked back then) and I never will be unless a hacker decides to make a hostile takeover of my computer.

Stop being stupid and secure your computers. Your car won't get stolen if you install a steering wheel block on it, unless the thief brings a blow torch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the time is the player fault, it's like blaming the cops for letting your house totally open and with a neon sign that says "come on in, nobody's in", at least when you buy a game or want to manage your games use an alternate e-mail just for that/those games and avoid using that e-mail on forums.

Oh and as you stated, antivirus is the only counter to marines...err.. counter to most keyloggers and stuff

If you want to provide tips for people to help them secure their computers and accounts, that's great.

If you're going to be an ass and talk down to people, go elsewhere to do that. Closing this down.