Page 1 of 2
LastLast

List of raids not requiring a group to enter?

During this downtime before the next expansion I wanted to go back through old content I missed, but I can't find a comprehensive list of raids I can enter without waiting for a friend to at least logon and idle. The only one I know for sure is Molten Core.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you have to do that with all raids...

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    During this downtime before the next expansion I wanted to go back through old content I missed, but I can't find a comprehensive list of raids I can enter without waiting for a friend to at least logon and idle. The only one I know for sure is Molten Core.
    BWL is another, just go up to the orb and get ported in.

Just MC and BWL for now. Someone asked GC on Twitter if there was a chance that they would remove the requirement to need a raid group to enter raids. He said "Yes. (Meaning that there's a chance.)" So hopefully they'll remove the requriement later down the line.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    MC and BWL because they required an attunement to enter. So far they are the only two I can recall that you can enter without a group. I know it's very annoying asking people to group up just to enter a portal.

Mc and bwl.

You can also get a free trial account and group with a toon on that account. You can level the free toon to ten or make a macro of the script that allows lvl 1 toons to join raid. This worked prior to patch 5.04. I haven't seen any complaining on here about it not working so I suppose it still is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darqhur View Post
    Mc and bwl.

You can also get a free trial account and group with a toon on that account. You can level the free toon to ten or make a macro of the script that allows lvl 1 toons to join raid. This worked prior to patch 5.04. I haven't seen any complaining on here about it not working so I suppose it still is.
    You type this on a level 1. Then /camp and come back and it's permanent. /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an easy way to get into raids solo. Make a trial account. Level him to ten. Go onto your main account. Launch a new instance of WoW at the same time and load your trial account. Invite him, convert to raid, and go solo raids.

If having two wow's at the same time hurts your FPS, its okay to close your trial account once you're in a raid group.
    Putin khuliyo

You don't have anyone to join your group? I always ask my guildies, and there is rarely a time where I can't find someone to join my group, or quickly log onto another character, join my raid, then log off. Or, here's what you do: go to whichever main city you belong to (Org or Stormwind), then ask in general or trade for someone to join your group. They don't need to stay online, so say something along the lines of "Can I invite someone to my group so I can get into a raid? Feel free to log off or go afk." And if inclined, offer gold for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    No need for trial as it is, just a starter account and thus no need to keep creating new ones just for the sake of entering raids.
    Trial account, starter account, either way, its free and it works. And mines permanent so maybe I meant Starter account.

I wasn't aware there was a script to remove the level restriction. Oh well.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    MC and BWL because they required an attunement to enter. So far they are the only two I can recall that you can enter without a group. I know it's very annoying asking people to group up just to enter a portal.
    It's not clear that it has anything whatsoever to do with having required an attunement. In 4.3.0 they just arbitrarily removed the raid group restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Azshira View Post
    You can make a trial account and dual box. You just need to level your trial character to level 10 I believe (Although apparently it was bugging not so long ago to allow level 1's to make raid groups once again).

Quote Originally Posted by bph120 View Post
    Just MC and BWL for now. Someone asked GC on Twitter if there was a chance that they would remove the requirement to need a raid group to enter raids. He said "Yes. (Meaning that there's a chance.)" So hopefully they'll remove the requriement later down the line.
    I don't see the point at all to maintain a raid group requirement to zone into anything.

In the original game, it may have had some behind-the-scenes functionality with regard to the fact that only raids exhibited lockout features where you could not hard- or soft- reset to respawn bosses.

Burning Crusade should have deprecated this functionality, because of introducing 5-mans (Heroic mode setting) that exhibited exactly the same lockout properties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    It's not clear that it has anything whatsoever to do with having required an attunement. In 4.3.0 they just arbitrarily removed the raid group restriction.
    I think it's more of a bug that is related to you getting portaled in rather than intended. You can't walk in through the entrance on your own but you can get portaled in alone if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm why is everyone making this so complicated? Log on an alt, start a group with some random person, log back on the toon you want to go into the raid with, have them add you to the raid (should be your current toon, them and the alt you logged off it). Now they can leave group and do whatever they want while you and your logged off toon maintain the raid group.

Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    Hmm why is everyone making this so complicated? Log on an alt, start a group with some random person, log back on the toon you want to go into the raid with, have them add you to the raid (should be your current toon, them and the alt you logged off it). Now they can leave group and do whatever they want while you and your logged off toon maintain the raid group.

Because this is still more complicated than using a starter account. I've seen people spam trade forever for help with this.

The starter account is perfect.

To clear up some mis-information above, you don't need to leave the second instance of WoW open, you just invite the level on toon then log off. You don't need to level it to level 10, just use /run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true) to let level 1's enter a raid group.

My level 1 starter account raid alt is parked in the Goldshire Inn.

I'm about to make this entire thread irrelevant. Right now you can /who Orgrimmar/Stormwind (depending on your faction) and invite ANYONE then right click your portrait and click "convert to raid" then walk in.

This works whether they accept, decline, or don't respond. I do it every day to zone into ICC, Onyxia, ToC, Sunwell, and TK.

You don't need friends, second accounts, second screens nothing. Just invite a random and click convert to raid and walk in.

A couple things for clarifications sake:

1. You don't have to /who Org or wherever, you can invite anyone, friends, /who zone, I just use Org cause it's easier, full, and most people are afk anyway.
    2. Again, this works whether they accept/decline or just don't respond.
    3. You do not need to stay in a raid group.
    4. You will not be ported out once you're inside even if they join then leave.
    5. They will not end up with any raid locks.
    6. You do have to redo this if you die (Who dies?) but it takes 2-3 seconds so it's not that big of a deal.
    Last edited by SpartanG01; 2012-09-17 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Trial account, starter account, either way, its free and it works. And mines permanent so maybe I meant Starter account.
    trial accounts = starter accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I never really understood the reason for this limitation in the first place. I mean, i can usually sorta see why they do certain things, but this one has never ever made sense as a limitation, at least not to me.
    "Additional instances cannot be launched."

Blizz does not want the least useful instancing to be too easily used and abused creating unnecessary strain on the servers. Especially before when solo farming old raids was too profitable in gold.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    "Additional instances cannot be launched."

Blizz does not want the least useful instancing to be too easily used and abused creating unnecessary strain on the servers. Especially before when solo farming old raids was too profitable in gold.
    I doubt this is true given how easy it is to zone in and has been. BWL and Molten Core are EASILY the most popular old solo raids and they are the only two that not only don't require a raid group to enter but also had the attunement requirement REMOVED AFTER it was content. I remember Blizzard talking about the Attunements in BC when they removed the requirements on TK and SCC saying "Attunements are an interesting way to link the story to the content but we don't feel requiring long attunement quests for older content serves any purpose other than to make it inaccessible to new players."