Deleted

Help, i'm worried about my posture.

Hello, i'm 16 years old and i'm fucked up

i'm horribly curved and my neck and head has grown forward, so when i attempt to keep myself straight like a plank for a period of time my back starts to hurt because i'm moving my hips forward and thus my curved inwards back aswell.

I've gone to a doctor and i'm training my neck and back muscles three times a week since around a month ago yet i'm giving up hope because i'm not getting any fucking results and it's pissing me off endlessly to sadness.

this is my posture, kind of anyway:

--------- ____
    ----------l-----l
    ----------l-----l
    -in-ward-/--/ <--- neck area
    ---back--\--\
    ---------/--/
    --------/--/
    --------l__l
    --------ll-ll
    --------ll-ll_ <--- derpy legs

This is a real terrible way to explain the situation but i can't do any better, i don't feel comfortable asking my mum for her phone to make a picture for myself for the internet. Anyway, my question is if there is anyone out there that had or is having the same problem.
    Last edited by mmoc65456a5dcf; 2012-09-14 at 06:49 PM.

Deleted
    I have this disease, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheuermann's_disease which makes my back curved and causes a lot of pain. I've been dealing with chronic back pain sice i was like 15. You could have the same disease just without pain (a lot of people have no pain).

Deleted
    Well, it's not as bad as some in these pictures, but yes, it looks like that but just way less and i think my neck just adjusted because i rather sit in front of my monitor since my childhood, and i got a curved back from my mother i think, it's running in the family.

But damn Werrezer, is it possible to recover from that?

A month isn't a significant amount of time to fix a posture imbalance but you should see some sort of result if you're doing a proper program.

What kind of doctor did you see? What were you diagnosed with? Are you still in communication with this doctor?

Deleted
    Strange thing is that i was straight like a plank in my child hood so i think i can recover, i hope.

Also, i cannot tell you what doctor i'm going to because they're dutch words, but it's a fitness doctor if that sparks something.

Quote Originally Posted by blikz1 View Post
    Hello, i'm 16 years old and i'm fucked up

i'm horribly curved and my neck and head has grown forward, so when i attempt to keep myself straight like a plank for a period of time my back starts to hurt because i'm moving my hips forward and thus my curved inwards back aswell.

I've gone to a doctor and i'm training my neck and back muscles three times a week since around a month ago yet i'm giving up hope because i'm not getting any fucking results and it's pissing me off endlessly to sadness.

this is my posture, kind of anyway:

--------- ____
    ----------l-----l
    ----------l-----l
    -in-ward-/--/ <--- neck area
    ---back--\--\
    ---------/--/
    --------/--/
    --------l__l
    --------ll-ll
    --------ll-ll_ <--- derpy legs

This is a real terrible way to explain the situation but i can't do any better, i don't feel comfortable asking my mum for her phone to make a picture for myself for the internet. Anyway, my question is if there is anyone out there that had or is having the same problem.
    Best way to improve your posture is to do core exercises, and back exercises, but don't ignore chest and legs as they also got muscles which can support and lower the stress on the back.
    Because you can't train your bones to bend properly, you need to make the muscles support your bones.
    I had a sloppy posture when I was younger, but a doctor told me to start exercising and increase my water intake (i was drinking a lot of soda and it caused my bones to become weaker and kind of porous) which can cause bad posture and easly breakable bones.

Deleted
    Ah, thanks speedlance, honestly when i created this thread i only got even more scared (no offense) :P

I'll start drinking water and dubble my exercises because i barely break a sweat doing it. but how is your posture now? or was your posture not that quite bad?

A month is not enough time to correct poor posture. Give it a year.

Seems like you are describing lordosis or maybe sway back. It is hard to figure out whats wrong without a better description. But you already have a doctor so...
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2012-09-14 at 10:41 PM.