Thread: Monster Hunter

10+ Year Old Account

Monster Hunter

Any of you guys play this at all? Any of them?

I've been an avid player since the first one released on PS2. I was in Sasebo Japan, walking through a mall and saw the intro vid playing on a TV in a game store. I watched it probably 10 freaking times lol. Instantly fell in love with it. I got to HR20 on MH on the PS2, and have been buying them as soon as they release in the states.

Most of the series has been on the PSP, with Monster Hunter on the PS2 and MH Tri on the Wii being the exceptions. Although I hear the next release in the states is going to be on the 3DS.

Recently, I found out that my best friend's GF is addicted to Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP. We're currently set to meet up (the three of us, apparently my friend's interested in playing too) and we're going to get a 3-way multiplayer game going. Can't wait to see how this goes. I fired up my old save on MHFU about a week ago, and have just been burning the midnight oil on a daily basis playing the hell out of it lol. I hadn't played a MH game in a very long time; I completed Tri about two weeks after its release on the Wii, and got distracted with other games. But MHFU is really sucking me in. I've already logged probably 50+ hours into it, as I also play it at work (I have a lot of down time in my job).

So again, any MMO-C people here interested in this series? Share your thoughts, stories, experiences here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I got Monster Hunter Tri a few months ago and it's fantastic. Dark Souls is my favorite game so when I heard that the MH series was similar, I was really eager to try it out, and I wasn't disappointed! There isn't much of a story to it, and really, the only point of it is to kill monsters and get better gear, but I find that really appealing. It's very fun and very addicting. I really hope that the 3DS version eventually comes to NA, because I don't have a PSP to play the other games and I'd really like to get more involved in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely, it is my favorite video game series OF ALL TIME. I am so obsessed with it, I bought the Japanese Portable 3rd HD for the PS3.

MH3-U is going to be released on the 3DS and Wii-U in the west on both consoles at the same time I believe, it's the sole reason I will be getting a Wii-U. I just wish we didn't have to wait until march!

More info here: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...ter_3_Ultimate

Monster Hunter Tri-G is amazing.

Really recommend you picking it up.

I also have WiiSpeak!
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Absolutely, it is my favorite video game series OF ALL TIME. I am so obsessed with it, I bought the Japanese Portable 3rd HD for the PS3.

MH3-U is going to be released on the 3DS and Wii-U in the west on both consoles at the same time I believe, it's the sole reason I will be getting a Wii-U. I just wish we didn't have to wait until march!

More info here: http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/...ter_3_Ultimate
    Yeah, I know :-) Just didn't want to make my post too long-winded, lest people get turned off lol. I too will be getting a Wii-U specifically for this game. I don't have a 3DS at the moment, still rocking the DSi, and not sure when or if I ever will get one. Just don't have the money >.> But I don't mind not eating for a few weeks if I get to play a new MH game, woot!

I really, REEEEEEEAAAALLLLY hope they eventually port the MMO over. Last time I was in Japan, a buddy of mine let me play it...I was hooked. I'd stop playing WoW if I got to play Frontier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I played all the mosnter hunter games available to me...that is until it went to Nintendo *shakes head* that was a sad sad day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Yeah, I know :-) Just didn't want to make my post too long-winded, lest people get turned off lol. I too will be getting a Wii-U specifically for this game. I don't have a 3DS at the moment, still rocking the DSi, and not sure when or if I ever will get one. Just don't have the money >.> But I don't mind not eating for a few weeks if I get to play a new MH game, woot!

I really, REEEEEEEAAAALLLLY hope they eventually port the MMO over. Last time I was in Japan, a buddy of mine let me play it...I was hooked. I'd stop playing WoW if I got to play Frontier!
    Oh I know. I actually played the free trial, but didn't last very long because my knowledge of Japanese is limited to katakana and a few words I know from playing previous games.

I've always wanted to fight the Raviente D:

Deleted
    Played the original Monster Hunter on the PS2, didn't play any of the other ones after that, as I don't have a PSP, or a 3DS, and I'm not a fan of the Wii. They really should release some of the titles on the PC, I'd play the fuck out of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewan View Post
    I played all the mosnter hunter games available to me...that is until it went to Nintendo *shakes head* that was a sad sad day
    why is that? is it nintendo's fault that it wasnt getting enough love on playstation

Also got to agree with some of the posters.. MH tri is awesome and i cannot wait for MH3 ultimate (pretty amazing its getting a simultaneous world wide release )

10+ Year Old Account
    I have Tri on the wii. It's a very fun game, but since I don't usually play with random people, online mode sucks as it's hard to get 3 other friends with wiis and the game to play, plus the internet on the wii sucks sometimes and I tend to get booted a lot :\

I will be getting the monster hunter on the wii-u when I eventually get one. Idk if I'm getting a wii-u at launch(moneys and all that) but I will get one!

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

I have it on Wii, I plan on getting Ultimate for either 3DS or Wii U, I got the English translation for the PSP (its a cracked iso but meh I payed capcom enough money in my lifetime). They are amazing games, far enhanced by multiplayer. I would say one of the best party games for people who like a challenge.