Deleted

Can't decide between laptops

I am looking for a laptop for school usage, but I also want to be able to game on it (just WoW).
    I am interested to know how large the difference will be between the following graphics cards:
    Laptop 1: Intel HD Graphics 4000
    Laptop 2: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M

Laptop 1 has 6GB RAM and an i5-3317U processor, while laptop 2 has 4GB RAM and an i5-2467M processor. Beside those differences the laptops are identical. I was wondering which option is preferable for playing WoW, a better graphics card, or a (slightly?) better RAM and processor.

The second notebook will walk all over the first one (think something like 400% more improvement) in WoW, and far more in other games. Integrated graphics are horrible for gaming.

You can always buy an 8GB RAM kit for your notebook later down the line for like 40 bucks.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

GT 640m will be much better.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Nvidia will work better for you. Integrated graphics are poopy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    The second notebook will walk all over the first one (think something like 400% more improvement) in WoW, and far more in other games. Integrated graphics are horrible for gaming.

You can always buy an 8GB RAM kit for your notebook later down the line for like 40 bucks.
    Pretty much this. And you could always add extra RAM to the laptop if you ever want to. I mean, you can't upgrade the graphics card on laptop one, but can add extra RAM to laptop 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GT 640 is a billion times better. As others have stated...

Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    Integrated graphics are poopy.

Intel hd 4000 graphics are decent for wow if you don't mind playing on fair. But yes the 640 is way better if you want higher setting or want to play other games later on.
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan