Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    so I just lost Aloth due to a bug...basically his fatigue reached 0 but he was not dead. I rested, he was still in my party and just when I was done finishing White March and zoned out I lost him...went back and saw him as an untalkable NPC...and since I quicksaved most of that level and had and had no "savegame" to go back to, instead of redoing that particular level on path of the damned I decided to kill him, loot his body of all my shinies and make another hero...

goodbye my dual-personality elf. the world shall hear of how you fought bravely and sacrificed yourself to save the rest of us, even though we both know I buried an axe in your head and looted you like a mouth-foaming maniac.
    Last edited by Gamevizier; 2015-12-25 at 04:15 PM.

Feels pretty crazy that I started this thread 3.5 years ago because of the newly announced kickstarter, and today Obsidian released the second part of the White March expansion thus finalizing their work on this game. Also alongside White March Part II comes patch 3.0 which itself eg. adds more content to the stronghold.

Now it's time to finish WM2, and start waiting for PoE 2! (and replay PoE couple times in the meantime... )

10+ Year Old Account
    Just started playing the game a couple of days ago. So far I'm impressed! It seems to be like a "light" version of Planescape: Torment, with also fun combat, amazing graphics and, so far, interesting story. I was a bit worried about it being too much like Baldur's Gate games - too much travel, exploration and combat, too little story - but so far it seems like it is what I wanted Baldur's Gate to be.

The difficulty though is very low so far... I'm playing on the hardest difficulty (without permadeath though), and while there were encounters I had to leave for later because they were too challenging at the moment, nothing related to the story seems to be hard. Maybe it will get harder later on?

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Have you tried Divinity Original Sin? It's tactical and it's amazing.
    Like... I still can't get it.
    I've heard about that game and been interested in it for a while. But its focus on combat, rather than story, makes me delay it for later. I like combat-based games, but currently feel like playing something more heavy in the story department.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    A tip if you get bored by all the reading, the "souls" you can examine marked by yellow is backer content and not things written by the devs except for grammar/spell checks, and can safely be ignored.

Maybe it will get harder later on?
    There are a couple of harder encounters later on, but there's nothing in there that will pose a major threat to someone who has loads of infinity engine experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    A tip if you get bored by all the reading, the "souls" you can examine marked by yellow is backer content and not things written by the devs except for grammar/spell checks, and can safely be ignored.
    Ah, I see. I wondered what the purpose of them was. They seem a bit out of place in the game. They do add a bit of flavor into the game, but, unlike random NPCs, say, in Planescape: Torment, they do not seem to have much to do with the game itself.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    There are a couple of harder encounters later on, but there's nothing in there that will pose a major threat to someone who has loads of infinity engine experience.
    It is a bit sad... Oh well, at least the combat feels fun (unlike that in Baldur's Gate games; I detested that combat).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Ah, I see. I wondered what the purpose of them was. They seem a bit out of place in the game. They do add a bit of flavor into the game, but, unlike random NPCs, say, in Planescape: Torment, they do not seem to have much to do with the game itself.
    They don't as they are just kickstarter backer reward npcs. I never bothered reading more than one of two of them.

Funnily enough their only gameplay purpose is to be killed, as there is a soulbound weapon you can upgrade by killing couple of the backer npcs.