10+ Year Old Account

What Happened to Hitman?

Can someone explain what happened to the new Hitman? I thought I heard that it wasn't coming out till later this year but see its released as an intro pack? Was about to buy it but then realized its $15 bucks for the tutorial and one mission? And that its online only? Episode 1? Are they really going to try charging for each mission? Am I taking crazy pills?
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know there's a full pack thingy for $60.

It'll be releasing bit by bit but as said above you can pay $60 up front for the entire experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    But doesn't the sixty only bring it up to six maps spread over the rest of the year?

On release players have access to the Intro Pack content - Prologue Mission, the Paris Sanguine Fashion Show, full access to Contracts Mode, Escalation Mode, elusive targets and other live content. Remaining content will be available as six releases periodically throughout 2016, starting April 2016.

As Agent 47, you perform contract hits on high-profile targets in exotic locations around the world. Future locations - in April, Sapienza Italy, track down a scientist residing in the sunny coastal town. In May, the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh, Morocco. And as the story expands you will travel to Thailand and the USA before concluding in Japan later in 2016.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2016-03-13 at 02:39 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    But doesn't the sixty only bring it up to six maps spread over the rest of the year?
    no where does that quote say that there will be only 6 maps. It says 6 releases. Each of which could easily be multiple maps.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    no where does that quote say that there will be only 6 maps. It says 6 releases. Each of which could easily be multiple maps.
    Yet, also easily not

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Except they have spoke of there being 6 cities back at e3, and the above quote speaks of the same 6 cities.

City = map.

For all we know, we could not have it at all until the end of this year.
    My only real gripe is they didn't add a new location at release, still the same stuff as the Intro Pack.

That said, I've played the Paris map a ton of times, doing all the challenges,etc. More so than I've ever played any other Hitman level :P