Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

[Megathread] Pillars of Eternity

And it's even going to even be M-rated!

For those who have no idea why anyone would be excited about this check their Kickstarter page, the video explains it:

Project Eternity

The Kickstart is absolutely exploding! That page has been up only for few hours and it has already gathered about 400k!

These guys are the people behind such classics as original Fallots, Icewind Dales, F:NV, KotOR2, many more but most importantly perhaps the best RPG of all time Planescape: Torment.

World map:

Couple interviews:

Gamebanshee interview: http://www.gamebanshee.com/interview...interview.html
    Kotaku interview: http://kotaku.com/5942307/the-people...g-my-dream-rpg

Now go donate them some money so they can make the best possible it can be.

Oh yes. yes. Instadonate

Deleted
    Fun thing simon from the yogscast donated 1000 so we will see a certain dwarf in the game

That logo seems like an Elder Scrolls lawsuit waiting to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    2 people have donated 10,000 dollars to it O_o

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Obsidian and Bethesda are in bed together, so I highly doubt it.
    When in doubt, simply ask yourself: "What would Garrosh do?"

#wwgd

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Obsidian and Bethesda are in bed together, so I highly doubt it.
    They aren't really Bethesda just "ordered" F:NV from Obsidian, but anyway that logo is just the working title. The final game is not going to be called "Project Eternity".

Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Donated $35. Apparently it had ~$50.000 pledged back then couple of hours ago and already they're rising above $400.000 pledged..

Obsidian webpages and forums have been pretty much dead since that Kickstarter page was discovered.
    Yea, its the pledge sum is growing crazy fast. Between me making the OP and now it has risen by like 30k dollars! This could easily become the biggest game KS project ever, which is awesome for anyone who loves great RPGs! Got myself signed CE just to support these great people.

Deleted
    The kickstarter thing is intriguing. It's great to see so many people supporting game development and I have high hopes given the calibur of the people working on this (Although it won't be my kind of game).

Best of luck to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Cakka View Post
    They aren't really Bethesda just "ordered" F:NV from Obsidian, but anyway that logo is just the working title. The final game is not going to be called "Project Eternity".
    The whole title screen they used just screams Morrowind.

Im hoping its changed for their sake.

The whole title screen they used just screams Morrowind.

Im hoping its changed for their sake.
    I don't really see the connection at all though its been like 10(?) years since I played Morrowind. The snake eating its tail thing is thousands of years old and definitely not something Bethesda has exclusive rights on, other than that there is just text there and I don't believe Bethesda has anything even close to being called P:E.

Deleted
    Cool.

But I expect the game to be unplayable at release, as Obsidian titles usually are.
    I'm afraid you can't copyright a font. Well, unless you're Apple...
    Last edited by mmoc64e39b9c60; 2012-09-14 at 10:05 PM.

Very interesting. Hope it will be less buggy than other works of Obsidian. Also, is it just me, or the logo looks exactly like Morrowind?

EDIT: Apparently it isn't just me.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Man, every time I come back to look at this the amount of money just keeps jumping up by a LOT. This is so cool. I'm really excited now. It's definitely going to get backed. Might be a while before we actually see anything but it's still awesome nonetheless.

Shut up and take my money!

Quote Originally Posted by otro View Post
    Shut up and take my money!
    This. It's the first kickstarter I actually supported.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Deleted
    As if Bethesda and the Elder Scrolls invented the Ouroboros. What a joke.

The project seems to hold potential. If the music is any indicator, this may as well end up very good.

This specific subgenre is very much needed these days, there haven't been many worthwhile games that fit it recently.

Depth, characters, plot, a breathing universe, and all in the context of an isometric party based RPG, is one more thing that gaming is missing today.

Deleted
    Hmm this as potential. Kickstarter is quite amazing tbh.

Hopefully this project will do well. There is a lack of decent party-based RPGs lately.

Deleted
    Kicktraq shows some unbelievable trends.

At first, it was 11 million, now it's at 13 million.

Seems like too much. My guess is that they had some angel backers at the beginning and that made kicktraq go through the roof.