View Poll Results: Your opinion?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • Insanely lazy, and really grinds my gears.

82 26.28%
  • Lazy as hell, but I don't really care too much.

72 23.08%
  • I like it.

78 25.00%
  • I prefer it being in a scenario!

80 25.64%
Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar

Theramore 'World' event - Lazy?

Listen, I kind of want to keep this short. But this has gone far enough. Blizzard promised us an awesome event when they first announced the battle for theramore, instead they cut out making an actual event and only release a scenario from the expansion pack? Does this strike anyone else as insanely lazy? I play Guild Wars II and WoW, I think this is the last straw that proves what kind of company blizzard is, always cutting corners lately. Pre-Expansion events are supposed to be unforgettable, fun, and a one time experience, every expansion before this had an actual event. I loved cata's event, WOTLK's was great. And TBC's was memorable forever.

Damnit blizzard, get your shit together and stop cutting corners!

Edit: For the people who say we haven't seen it yet.
    Last edited by Master Jinora; 2012-09-14 at 10:59 PM.

I prefer it being a scenario, since it means we can do it as much, or as little, as we want to in the future.

Besides, the vanity items are a one-time deal still.

Also, how the hell can you know that there won't be more than only the scenario when they haven't tested it on the PTR? Come back and complain on Tuesday if nothing else shows up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    Listen, I kind of want to keep this short. But this has gone far enough. Blizzard promised us an awesome event when they first announced the battle for theramore, instead they cut out making an actual event and only release a scenario from the expansion pack? Does this strike anyone else as insanely lazy? I play Guild Wars II and WoW, I think this is the last straw that proves what kind of company blizzard is, always cutting corners lately. Pre-Expansion events are supposed to be unforgettable, fun, and a one time experience, every expansion before this had an actual event. I loved cata's event, WOTLK's was great. And TBC's was memorable forever.

Damnit blizzard, get your shit together and stop cutting corners!
    A) we don't know how epic the scenario is. It was tested internally. Also they were forced into this by people complaining about events actually doing stuff in the world
    My youtube can be found at Gcsmith12 for those who are interested.

Many good games are coming in 2012, Im glad to be a gamer

I find it a bit lazy too... but we'll see, they've been behaving a bit like there is going to be more surprises in store.

They never promised anything.. they said at the press tour that Chen might visit the capital cities but that was it. This is a good opportunity to show players how scenarios will play out.

Blizzard wants MOP out, the less time focussing on some silly event the more it can be spent on actual expansion content.

I love events in any MMO but we are so close to launch now I couldn't care less.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    A) we don't know how epic the scenario is. It was tested internally. Also they were forced into this by people complaining about events actually doing stuff in the world
    I just can't give it that much credence. It's a self-contained scenario just like the others coming up that aren't expansion pre-events, and thus not that much different than taking the pre-Wrath event and making it a dungeon. It can't be as "epic" when it's so compact.

Doesn't mean I won't play it a few times.
    Currently trying to experiences all classes at 100. Count so far: 3.

I found their reasoning behind it to be pretty sound. Why bother taking the time to craft a super amazing event that will last 2 weeks when they can use that time to put into MoP. The scenario is a pretty good way to set the stage for the expansion and the best part is that people who join/come back after MoP is released will be able to go back and do it. I personally would love to have been able to go back and relive the Zombie Invasion.
    "I don't believe in an afterlife, so I don't have to spend my whole life fearing hell, or fearing heaven even more. For whatever the tortures of hell, I think the boredom of heaven would be even worse."
    “Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Issac Asimov

I like it, gonna avoid the cinematic cutscene and spoilers til wednesday.

I dont mind that it is a scenario. It's not much different from using LFD to queue up for the elemental bosses going into cata.

I do mind that it is a little on the short side in terms of length. It's definitely much shorter than the Elemental Invasion/shattering, the Scourge Invasion, or the opening of the Dark Portal.

The pre TBC and pre wrath events were very intrusive, stuff was everywhere you went, necropoli everywhere, demons everywhere, and it took weeks for it to finish. Considering the pre mop event is only doable via LFD I am a little disappointed it is so short. While yes I am probably no going to run it more than once after I get my 384 quest items and vanity stuff from it, in the entire scheme of things it seems a shame it is so short.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

So you would rather have a short 1 week event that nobody will remember or care about months or years down the line vs a Scenario that everyone can experience and enjoy for years to come? I've been through every event from AQ through Cata. I think it's a great idea to have it as a scenario so that everyone can enjoy. And when new players come to the game you can point them to those scenarios so they can enjoy the event as well.

I prefer it to be a scenario because this means that it is possible to play it in the future. Yes world events are nice, but the problem is that when they do it they only create content for 1-3 weeks, not more. As an scenario they can create interresting events that can even be done after the addon was released.

Lazy, i would have preferred a memorable one time event that will send off cata and welcome in mop...not something i will prob be doing for the next 2 years anyway :S

I rather have a good expansion than an awesome event that's gonna bore you after the first time you do it anyway, let alone on multiple chars.

I agree, not with the same words, but i really do. I also miss the event comming before an expansion, i only took part in the Cata event and most of my people told me it was cool but not 10% as cool as the other ones from TBC abd WotLK. So i looked forward to the MoP event, and i have to say im really disappointed.
    It would have been cool to take part in an epic event when the war of the fractions comes to an eclipse and collapses.
    I think the Senario of Theramore is pretty nice idea, BUT it should have been an oly pre-event before MoP, and then should not be accessible in MoP anymore, just to get the feeling of an pre-event.

WTF! ALL THE AH PEOPLE DESPAWNED!

OMG ELEMENTALS ARE KILLING ME!

STOP SPREADING DISEASE! STOP THE ZOMBIES EXPLODING ON ME!

This, my friend, is why we can't have nice things.

The beloved WoW community is what harms the game the most.

It's not really lazy, they're just doing what they can with the resources they have.

Anyone who closely follows WoW and Blizzard, can see the results from diminished resources in the game, and from the blue posts.

Where's the option to say we need to actually experience it before we can express an informed opinion?

Wasted 30 seconds of my life reading the OP's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabb View Post
    Where's the option to say we need to actually experience it before we can express an informed opinion?

Quoted for truth!

We even don't know how the event will turn out, so lets wait until we complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scabb View Post

There's nothing to see or really understand. The level 85 scenario is the same one that we'll be running at level 90.

That means, there really isn't a world event for Mists of Pandaria. We've always had a world event to bring in the new expansion. It's understandable that some people are miffed by this.

Pit Lord
    omg, shut up. really. stop thinking that just because something happened with one xpac that it is guaranteed to happen in the next. no blizzcon this year nevermind that it was never said to be an annual thing. people just assumed since they had a few consecutive years that it absolutely must be annual. we had some sort of 'event' in the past, it doesnt guarantee that is will be the same thing every time. that gets boring.. oh and since you traveled in time to see this event and try it before anybody else.. thanks for sharing your opinion of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.