View Poll Results: Your opinion?

Voters
312. You may not vote on this poll
  • Insanely lazy, and really grinds my gears.

82 26.28%
  • Lazy as hell, but I don't really care too much.

72 23.08%
  • I like it.

78 25.00%
  • I prefer it being in a scenario!

80 25.64%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    w

That was recorded several months ago, they didn't get to finish the scenario, and they weren't even supposed to be there.
    Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

Thank you Shyama for the awesome signature!

How is it lazy? They are all working hard on making MoP enjoyable for us regardless of whether it's focused on a pre-mop event or the actually expansion content. I'm glad they are making it a scenario so it's something that still has value later on in the expansion, whereas the silly events are over and done with and have zero meaning to anyone else down the road.

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maoli View Post
    How is it lazy? They are all working hard on making MoP enjoyable for us regardless of whether it's focused on a pre-mop event or the actually expansion content. I'm glad they are making it a scenario so it's something that still has value later on in the expansion, whereas the silly events are over and done with and have zero meaning to anyone else down the road.
    It's lazy because they just copy and pasted a piece of content that we will see in a week regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    WTF! ALL THE AH PEOPLE DESPAWNED!

OMG ELEMENTALS ARE KILLING ME!

STOP SPREADING DISEASE! STOP THE ZOMBIES EXPLODING ON ME!

This, my friend, is why we can't have nice things.

The beloved WoW community is what harms the game the most.
    ^ THIS x100000000000000000

Too much baby qq these days.

Quote Originally Posted by loudskies View Post
    It's lazy because they just copy and pasted a piece of content that we will see in a week regardless.
    So your entire premise that it's lazy is an alpha version of a scenario that wasn't complete or even released to the public. You have no idea what is lazy or what is not lazy. Perhaps you should take your own advice:

Don't complain. Spreads bad-blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells
    You don't get to troll, lie, and treat government like a game for your own purposes and then expect to be treated like a statesmen. Fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Doesn't killing Onyxia/Nefarian/C'thun/Illidan/Kil'Jaeden/Kel'thuzad/Yogg'Saron/Lich King/Deathwing/etc/etc/etc save the world? If so it doesn't make sense that we can still do it again every Tuesday.
    Stop being logical in the World of Warcraft! It's not allowed!
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |

Bloodsail Admiral Master Jinora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    So your entire premise that it's lazy is an alpha version of a scenario that wasn't complete or even released to the public. You have no idea what is lazy or what is not lazy. Perhaps you should take your own advice:
    How much digging did you have to do to find that?

I'm not complaining, I am expressing my opinion.
    "Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind."
    — Zaheer

Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    Alright, so..I can't judge the TBC introduction event, so that means I can't judge that.

Now for the WotLK one, people were running around literally annoying the crap out of people by biting them and the like, spreading this zombie madness to everybody. Sure, a selected few found this hilarious and many more found it a pain in the ass. People Q_Q, so Blizzard says "Okay, we'll do things differently compared to two years ago!"

So Blizzard creates the Elemental Unrest. All the NPCs going away for a specific amount of time, and Elementals being all over the place. Included with this were instanced bosses to give people some free loot of average quality. STILL people aren't happy, so Blizzard once again says "Okay, we'll do things differently again compared to two years ago!"

So we get this instanced scenario, that after playing it through leaves a permanent mark on Dustwallow Marsh. And AGAIN people aren't happy?! Come on now. For once in your life, look at things from THEIR perspective. They can't please EVERYBODY yet they TRY to make you happy. If a selective amount of people stopped being whiny little kids that just want everything spoonfed to them, they'd probably be able to deliver us the content we are used to.

Rather than create something unique and memorable as an event, they cut the entire project and just released one of their dungeons early

Of course it's lazy! No world event, no players working together to combat some great threat, noobs allowed to sleep soundly in their beds in the home cities, it's positively boring!

the elemental unrest was alright, but it wasn't successful compared to the zombie invasion because:
    A. It could simply be ignored. Eventually players just stopped bothering to fight off the stupid elementals. They moved elsewhere.
    B. The players didn't contribute at all. You had no way to contribute to the elemental forces and make the event more dynamic, and the elementals invaded on a strict schedule that you had no impact on.

The undead invasion, while it eventually got out of hand, was much more special. Players didn't really get much of a warning, so when the first zombies started people mistook it for a halloween thing. You could become zombies and make them more lethal, or you could combat the zombies and drive them off. The core factor was not so much it being annoying, but the fact players actively shaped it.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2012-09-15 at 12:28 AM.

If it allows you to see the battle as described in the book then it can be the best pre-expansion event to date. Really loved the book and I think it would translate well into actual gameplay for both factions.

EDIT: What's going on in Theramore, specially after seeing the Pandaria intro, fits perfectly as an intro to the expansion itself so I kind of see why they decided to just stick to it.

remember how bad the bc world event was.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    You obviously can't read cause I specifically stated that I've played through every world event form AQ on up through cata.

AQ event killed servers, which is why blizzard decided never to do that again. While it looked good on paper with the whole gathering of supplies and getting everyone involved in reality it resulted in a few guilds hoarding supplies so that only their people could get the titles and mounts. And lets not speak of the resulting server crashes as a result of everyone trying to get to Silithus.

Naxx event....skeletons......that is all.

BC event - Lord Kazzak running around killing hapless lowbies and a quest at that dark portal that boiled down to "AOE the portal and get a tabard!"

WotLK event - Same zombies from naxx and a added scripted event for SW and Org....that nobody really remembers anymore.

Cata - Elementals, elementals, and more elementals.

If you ask most players I would wager that most people have only experience one, MAYBE 2 world event. I've been through every single one. It is a little sad though to remember these events and nobody else around you knows what you experienced. I mean wouldn't it be nice if somehow new players could experience these events like you did so they can get to know the game as you do? Gee maybe they can make some kind of instanced version of the event where they can experience it....and make it replayable so we can enjoy it all expansion long. They could call it a Scenario.

..Oh wait.
    Exactly. A scenario with cut scenes and voice acting is "lazy" yet a copy/pasted naxx event with a disease added is some how the best thing they ever created.
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-09-15 at 12:49 AM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

I'll ignore the extreme bias in your "poll" I'm not sure how much effort you really thought went into the other events because they don't have the time and effort put into them that the scenario seems to from what I saw in the video. I think you should really think about it I'll use the zombie invasion for example how much effort does it take to make a model we already have that gives you a debuff that turns you into that same model with a few abilities? You are judging content you haven't done yet and made a silly poll about it. Why don't you give it a chance before lighting the torches and grabbing the pitch forks.

Stood in the Fire Number Eighteen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Exactly. Some how an scenario with cut scenes and voice acting is "lazy" yet a copy/pasted naxx event with a disease added is some how the best thing they ever created.
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    I'll ignore the extreme bias in your "poll" I'm not sure how much effort you really thought went into the other events because they don't have the time and effort put into them that the scenario seems to from what I saw in the video. I think you should really think about it I'll use the zombie invasion for example how much effort does it take to make a model we already have that gives you a debuff that turns you into that same model with a few abilities? You are judging content you haven't done yet and made a silly poll about it. Why don't you give it a chance before lighting the torches and grabbing the pitch forks.
    This forum should get a Like button, honnestly.

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    So you would rather have a short 1 week event that nobody will remember or care about months or years down the line vs a Scenario that everyone can experience and enjoy for years to come? I've been through every event from AQ through Cata. I think it's a great idea to have it as a scenario so that everyone can enjoy. And when new players come to the game you can point them to those scenarios so they can enjoy the event as well.
    Are you kidding me? People continue to talk about past launch events, how they were incredibly fun. They were incredibly unique and exciting, and made the world feel as if was real. Instead of just randomly going to Outland to kill Illidan, we saw the beginnings of an demonic invasion, provoking our attack on Outland. Instead of just randomly going to kill the Lich King, we saw plague spread throughout our citizens, and our capital cities under siege by minions of the undead. They are remembered time and time again, and are some of the best things in WoW, despite only being there for a short period of time.

Only getting the Theramore scenario is an incredibly disappointment. It is instanced, so it will not feel as epic as an world event. It can be repeated afterwards, so we will never have long lasting memories. Who really is going to do the Scenario more than a couple of times? It will just become another scenario in the list of scenarios.

Frankly, having the Theramore scenario is basically like them allowing us to do Hellfire Ramps as the launch event, or Utgarde Keep. If those were the events, no one would be having these "exciting" memories, they'd just remember all the times they had to clear it at max level.

Overall, it is undoubtedly disappointing. However, I understand that Blizzard wants to focus their efforts on the expansion itself.

Do you remember pre-Cata event ? Neither do I, some lame elemental invasion or something. So while I agree that Blizzard is lazy as hell, its nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    This is a good opportunity to show players how scenarios will play out.
    I'll single out this sentence for a quick comment. Since scenarios are a new thing and won't be available to anyone until they level to 90, getting everybody into one early on provides an introduction to them and how they work. And as long as you're trying to get everyone to try them out, this is as good a way to get attention for them as anything. I'll pass judgement on it after I see it.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-09-15 at 02:07 AM.

This is all very cute and ima let you finish but this was from 4 months ago you dont know what changes were made.

Also thx a lot for delaying HL3 THX....

People, how can you judge something that hasn't even been tested...Blizzard has stated there's a surprise, just wait and see...It might blow us away!
    Formerly known as NonameXADX

Thanks to Noxychu for the wonderful avatar!

Horribly done video.