Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I prefer TP over WSG (Mostly because there's less bugs with fears in the Horde flagroom, and playing Alliance that's just such a ballache when you're just about to get a kill on the FC only to be pushed outside) but I prefer AB over BfG (BfG is just too easy to defend and the game is often decided within the first two minutes who will win). I liked proper AVs, not the slugfest between bases but where people are backtracking and recapping bases in small groups, while you're defending in small groups. IoC is just... please... no more vehicles. Same for SotA though there's often more PvP involved. EotS can burn in righteous fire.

Overall I'd say I like TP the best, followed closely by a good AB (Where the Alliance actually defend when incs are called) or a traditional AV with tower defence/attacks.

Warsong Gulch is my all time favorite. However, I like how SotA is now. Usually the games go pretty fast so it's some quick honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Too boring. It's changed and all we do is just rush to the end, knock out a tower or two, and kill the boss
    This also happens in IoC all the time. That's not a good argument for not liking one bg when you like another for the exact opposite reason.

I love long drawn out AV's. Not always turtles but just duels to the death. It's a crazy back and forth. Rogues and ferals sneaking behind enemy lines to ninja cap towers. Flanks being set up. The whole shabang.

Same thing for IoC. When it's being played strategically. You don't just zerg WS as Horde and Docks as Ally. You make sure you split your team rather evenly. You make sure to fall back if the enemy is putting too much pressure on the gates.

Honestly, if IoC and AV were a larger part of RBG's, the BG competitive scene would be so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite is def Battle for Gilneas, love that the bg is rather small and its basicly a more direct and streight forward Arathi Basin. Very much into the only 3 places to cap method, also for some reason even though i play horde mostly, i seriously like Gilnean alchitecture.

All in all, i just like the bgs that are not ''huge'', reason why i think im gonna love the new KotMogu Bg in MOP, its basicly a damn mosh pit!

EOTS.

Twin peaks can go to hell.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    This also happens in IoC all the time. That's not a good argument for not liking one bg when you like another for the exact opposite reason.

I love long drawn out AV's. Not always turtles but just duels to the death. It's a crazy back and forth. Rogues and ferals sneaking behind enemy lines to ninja cap towers. Flanks being set up. The whole shabang.

Same thing for IoC. When it's being played strategically. You don't just zerg WS as Horde and Docks as Ally. You make sure you split your team rather evenly. You make sure to fall back if the enemy is putting too much pressure on the gates.

Honestly, if IoC and AV were a larger part of RBG's, the BG competitive scene would be so much better.
    I absolutely despise those AV grinds when I'm playing my DK or any plate melee. Its all just standing around and following the zerg train either smashing its way through the retreating enemy train or you're own zerg having to retreat. Its just a back and forth fight with random spells being thrown back in forth with bad Holy Paladins clicking random people to heal while backpedaling. Oh yeah and I love the random melee that try to run through the enemy zerg team. You would expect them to be healed but they just die in 5 seconds. You know if every melee tried to move up, maybe something would actually happen. But its never worth the risk.

IoC was probably my favorite BG when it first came out during wotlk and no one knew "the strat" on the fastest way to the boss. On my battlegroup, it used to be horde takes docks and middle while alliance would have hanger (Which at the time was OP). Alliance would play Defense and Horde on offense. It wasn't like AV where melee would be butchered when trying to attack another player due to the vast environment with no bottleneck roads like AV. It was really epic some fights. Sometimes the Alliance would push us back to our own base and take the middle putting us on defense. The BG is meant to be played something similar to a football game but today its played like AV where everyone skips eachother, takes the standard bases and hopes that their team is less stupid than the other.

But yeah currently my favorite BG is probably Gilneas or Twin Peaks. People can say all they want how Cataclysm added reskinned bad bgs but I love them. Gilneas is awesome because its only 3 flags and a smaller envirnment. There's always action even when you're on defense. I hate playing AB. Its too big and I really think it should be 20v20 instead of 15v15.

Twin Peaks is awesome just because of the way its set up. I like the river, bridge, high ground the alliance have. WSG is too open and I honestly hate how there's 3 floors in the flag room and only one way up the third one.

10+ Year Old Account
    AB and AV for sure!

WSG, i signed up for pvp and it's what it gives me most of the time.

IoC would be better if controlling all objectives was the goal and not just one and the npcs will knock down walls for you while you defend them.

Deleted
    Favorite by far is Eye of the Storm.
    I also really like Warsong, Gilneas, Twin Peaks and Arathi (even though I think AB is a little too big).

Deleted
    Twin Peaks and the Battle of Gilneas :3
    And occasionally AB or EotS

Deleted
    Arathi Basin. Seems that 90% of the playerbase has IoC blacklisted and the only reason we are forced to play it seems to be to small minority of carebears from mmo-champion who think it is a good bg.

One of my all time favorites is AV, I love that place, I just hate how being at max level has made this bg crap to play now. No one ever gets the Ice Lord or Druids to come out anymore. Never see any of the riders dropping bombs from above anymore. Also, it seems that Alliance just have an advantage on this map because of the way the Horde towers are set up. With the Alliance towers you usually can not cap them until all the guards are dead, with the Horde towers they only have to kill one guard that is right at the door way. Every time I go in there it seems that Alliance has capped both of our towers at our base before we even make it to the first tower in theirs. And I usually just run straight for those towers to begin with if I don't try to D at Galv, or back cap towers if I can get there in time. Also seems like alliance always has an easier time defending the flags at our towers than we do at theirs. I really wish Blizzard would make some minor changes to this BG, perhaps updated towers to the new Horde building standards. Maybe make it a bit harder to get into our base. There are atleast 3 ways you can get into our base. Areas to jump over our wall, and 2 ways to get into the towers, either the main gate, or just off to the side and around the back of the east tower. With the Alliance base you can only go across the bridge, I remember when you could kinda jump up the cliff just south of the south bunker in their base, and as a warlock start summoning everyone to their base, oh how I miss those days! It's a shame that this bg has just turned into a PVE race instead of the sheer PVP warfare it was intended to be with the higher level caps now.

1- Arathi Basin
    2- Eye of the Storm
    3- WSG
    4- Battle for Gilneas
    5- Isle of Conquest