Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    I don't tend to judge unless the quality is so low that I want to gouge my eyes out. Something like 'wat up bro' isn't going to bother me much. Something more along the lines of, "ey man wachu up2, wann go lyk grab a byt 2 eat at mcds or sumn?" will really make me want to tell them to utilize the education they have received.

I'm sorry, but I will not like this if I 'cry everytim.'

Deleted
    The judging isn't in the text but rather the words and their flow. A person who is an oxygen thief will have posts that are extremely leborious to read and they tend to waffle. Succinct posts are better than posts littered with nonsense. It's what you say not how much you say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    I generally judge people who type or text in SMS shorthand as immature. I also judge people who use SMS shorthand (with the exception of acronyms like "lol" and "iirc"), have a lack of punctuation or capitalization, poor grammar, or spell words incorrectly when posting on a forum as immature or not particularly serious or worth considering; these posts I tend to skip over. The forum is a place where people come to have a proper discussion, and that requires typing posts that have essay-quality language. When in-game, I judge players who use excessive shorthand, but not players who are lax on punctuation, capitalization, or proper word choice. A game is not a place for proper discussion and thus does not require essay-quality language; all that matters in-game is communicating clearly and quickly. I actually sneer at people who bother to capitalize words properly in-game.
    Well stated. It really depends on the environment. On a forum where you are, presumably, trying to make a coherant point/argument, typing correctly just makes you look a bit more professional. In game, it's really the equivalent of just talking with your friends. Generally you don't talk the same way to your friends that you do to a group of people. However, it really doesn't bother me when people type properly in game. It's just not necessary to me.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I am so triggered right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    if you judge a persons IQ based on there grammar then god help you becouse you are then a complete idiot. (At least iam honest)
    Not sure if sarcasm...

You can, however, tell quite a lot about a person's ability to communicate by looking at their written language. Really.

If I'm going to say something quick in guild chat, I'm not going to give a fuck about caps or periods, but it still bugs me every time someone says "your" for "you're" because the words have completely different meanings and can be taken out of context easily.

Caps and periods when you're talking in game to somebody makes you look like a douchebag honestly, like you are putting too much effort into communicating and is almost condescending.

Using leetspeek or generally misspelling and fat-thumbing words makes you look like an idiot. I've also seen that there is generally a direct correlation with communication ability and player skill.

Deleted
    On message boards or forums? Yes.

It doesn't need to be perfect but it needs to be to a good standard.

If you can't be bothered to write legibly then why on earth should I bother to read it?

In game? No, it needs to make sense though.