Poll: Which Kind of Name do You Prefer?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fun names, RP names, or Trolly names?

Fun names: Gummie, Noodles, Snicker Bar, Bottles, just like objects and such.
    RP Names: Tyloran, Alagathor, Santasia etc.
    Trolly Names: Shamanizer, Buttsecks, lOlOlOlOlItrollu, etc.

Which one do you prefer?

RP

make a poll, polls are awesome
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

does bullcosby count as a troll name if you use it for a character thats not a tauren?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    does bullcosby count as a troll name if you use it for a character thats not a tauren?
    I do believe that changes it from "Fun name" to "troll name" xD

i can see "fun names" being troll names too
    ggg

I use both RP names and Fun names, I also use references (My Warrior and Druid are names from Dark Souls) but I guess they would fall under fun names.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like some fun names. I don't consider 'trying too hard to be funny' names as fun names though.

funny/trolly names

thats why i play on a RP server!
    wait a minute..!

RP.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use mostly RP names. Even though I don't RP, I like to make up a small backstory and personality for all my characters. Having my guy named "ownedunoob" kinda ruins it.

However, my Warlock (and soon to be monk) are references to A Song of Ice and Fire, so I guess they could be considered "fun names".

Deleted
    RP all the way. I have a hard time taking people seriously if they have a troll/funny name and as a recruiter of my guild I would decline them imidietly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny/silly names are fine, but mostly I prefer names that sound like names.

Troll names are usually super overdone cliches and usually not funny, so they are not really appealing to me on any level.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

my original shaman was named totemdile reference to the pokemon totodile, then i name changed it to swagemdile lol idky but yeah all my alts are pokemon names =D so i say Fun category

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Fun/silly/troll names for me certainly.
    Best one so far? Erroneous posts, a troll shaman
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun names are alright. I got a warlock goblin named Grindots and a shaman named Shamadams. The first is a play on Gringotts, the second is named after a beer. But I prefer RP names, names that you might find in a fantasy novel. Orissa for example, has become the name of a character in a book I'm working on (and is completely independent of my Warcraft character)

Troll names however piss me off. Don't name your toon "Geeksecks." Come on. Though, Hoofhearted is good for a laugh.
    Putin khuliyo

I name most of my characters with RP names. However, I gave my main a fun name because I didn't originally intend to play him seriously. Over time, I ended up adopting an overall gregarious and joking personality on the character. So, in that case, it might sorta be an RP name ? One reason I do dislike having a fun name is that I feel more pressure to perform well as tank as people might not take me seriously. Concerning the troll names, most I have seen are of the same name pool and aren't too funny. Now if someone can come up with a witty or clever pun-name, I'm ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

Troll names are usually super overdone cliches and usually not funny, so they are not really appealing to me on any level.
    Agree for the most part! I just use names that I think sound like names or a couple old handles that I used in like counter-strike and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

Fully agree. Mostly all of my toons have names that I feel fit the niche's of their individual race. The only somewhat silly name I have is for my little goblin mage, and even then it's not overly silly =P

10+ Year Old Account
    Rp names for rp servers
    Funny names for pve
    Troll names for shitholes, I mean shitholes...dammit! pvp "servers" y'know since everybody there is of the same "umad" mindset

10+ Year Old Account
    RP Names, all my toons are named: Manicwrath (Human Warrior), Etarius (Human Priest), Swearengen (Human Rogue), Yirosk (Dwarf Warlock), Trymian (Dwarf Shaman), Meurrig (Dwarf Paladin), Skullthumper (Dwarf Deathknight), Aeonidus (Nightelf Druid) Moshor (Orc Hunter) Swejin (Troll Priest) and Felstryfe (Undead Mage)

Deleted
    I'm no RPer, but I do use real-ish names too.

I think 5 of my 10 characters are joke-y;
    (Shaman Sähkösanteri [Sähkö = electricity, Santeri = Finnish boys' name]
    Mage Trollpatroll [Yes, he's a troll]
    Rogue Adret [Adret derives from Adrenaline, meaning someone getting a rush of adrenaline, Finnish "slang"]
    Warlock Precure.[If you don't know what Precure is, let me quote the oh-so-mighty Wikipedia: Pretty Cure (プリキュア Purikyua?, also known as PreCure) is a Japanese magical girl anime metaseries created by Izumi Todo and produced by Asahi Broadcasting Corporation and Toei Animation.]
    And my priest Kotomine [Again, if you don't catch the reference, let me help you; Kirei Kotomine (言峰 綺礼, Kotomine Kirei?) is the main antagonist of Fate/Zero and Fate/stay night.])

And the "RP-ish" ones are Grudolf(hunter), Makosh(paladin), Nakloh(warrior), Falinash(DK), Ruxur(Druid).