Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    All of the yesses.

I love this game. The artstyle, the animations, the gameplay, the depth, the randomization, even the little charge bar on your actual weapons... I love it all.

I just beat the boss before heading to work.

PS. Anyone else finding themselves powering down the medbay until it's absolutely needed to get extra juice to another system? :P

Wooooo, finally got the boss down! On Easy, but still! xD

And I managed to get Victory Through Asphyxiation in the process. I'm evil.

Deleted
    Had a situation where I killed the enemy ship, but all my systems were red, fires in almost every room and my 3 guys on 10% hp. The low oxygen put out the fires but my guys couldn't repair the system fast enough and died too oh and awesome game.

I had a predicament with the crew teleporter, i teleported my crew onto the the enemy ship forgetting that i had auto fire on, so once i took out their ship 2 of my crew died with it, and i just felt really stupid. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Anyone else playing FTL? Bought it a few hours ago from gog and I have to say it is immensely fun. Even when I die in my first encounter. But nothing like venting out my ship's oxygen to kill/hurt any boarders. And put out fires of course.

This game is the best money I have spent this year.
    Yeah, got it last night and played a round or two. Pretty fun so far. I always end up suffocating my people though.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is unbelievably good. I had an amazing first run, getting a super powerful weapon from a fleeing pirate, and then basically rampaging through known space.

...until I got to the last sector, wherein I was turned to paste by the first enemy I came across.

Ah, roguelikes, you kick us when we're down, and we love you for it.

One tip I can give is that upgrading your shields is a huge advantage early on, since most of the early sector ships can't penetrate more than a single shield barrier in a barrage. Also, KEEP STOCKED UP ON MISSILES. I ran out by the last two sectors, and when you're fighting enemy ships with three shield layers and can barely scratch their shield generator due to lack of missiles, it comes back to bite you, big time.

All in all, a hearty recommendation.

Deleted

This game is sooooo RNG ><
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just came to make sure people knew about this game.
    It's so much fun.
    Sure I haven't passed the 9th sector, but I still have lots of fun when I can't be bothered to play LoL or GW2.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    I had a predicament with the crew teleporter, i teleported my crew onto the the enemy ship forgetting that i had auto fire on, so once i took out their ship 2 of my crew died with it, and i just felt really stupid. xD
    Heh. Yesterday eve, after finally getting the teleporter, I sent two of my crewmates to the unmanned enemy ship to take out the weapons system. Yeah... turns out unmanned ships don't have any oxygen, and death due to asphyxiation occurs faster than the teleporter recharges at the base level.

R.I.P. bug people I don't remember the names of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    In my last run I was playing as the Engi ship and after winning a battle againt a Mantis battleship that took about 5 minutes to finish due to it having fully upgraded shields I sent my last 2 crew members into my engine bay to repair, only problem was I forgot there was a hull breach and killed them both .

The run before that I ended up with every system other than the med bay being broken and only had one crew member left on ~5% health with the med bay cancelling out the lack of oxygen so he would have died before being able to fix the life support .
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

I was doing my very first run last night and by a series of lucky moves I ended up with seven crew members! Now I just pwn whoever dares to board my ship. Unfortunately, every shop so far only sells drone stuff and no weapons
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Got to the 10th sector last night. After 4? tries.
    Ended up with 4 crew, one died in a random event, one died in a hull breach/invasion. and so i only had two for the boss.
    Got. OWN'D.
    :'(
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

My last game was good, oh.... until i fought slug ship. They sabotaged my oxygen, sent two people over, and then lit half my ship on fire in about 10 seconds.

Super fun game though! Absolutely enjoying it

I'm regretting not buying the soundtrack bundle on Steam. The music is so awesome! Luckily most tracks are on YouTube, but I might still buy it 'cos it's so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    I'm regretting not buying the soundtrack bundle on Steam. The music is so awesome! Luckily most tracks are on YouTube, but I might still buy it 'cos it's so great.
    I bought it afterwards. The guy deserves all the money he can get for that soundtrack.

Deleted
    Love this game,
    sadly the events, stores hate me, and more then a few times I end up at the boss with just my starting weapons. Except the Drones, seems like every merchant wants to sell me drones!

Deleted
    I can surely say we have THIS YEARS HIT INDIE title! (if you don't count Torchlight 2 as an indie title)!

Loving the Engi ship with all the drones. XD

Deleted
    I hate Vom and everyone else in this thread!

I looked this game up, and got hooked right away. Bought it on Steam and yesterday I played it for eight hours in row, couldnt let it go, forgot the time. It has been ages since I enjoyed a game this much. I got to bed after 02:00 this night and I had to go up 06:00. Safely to say I am a bit tired at work to day, but the first thing I will do when I get home is to continue the very dangerous journey with the ship "HMS Jack VI" and its boldy crew...

Seriously.. Big thank you all..
    Last edited by mmocac363bbe61; 2012-09-27 at 08:18 AM. Reason: rather big typo.