Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Megathread] Faster than Light

Anyone else playing FTL? Bought it a few hours ago from gog and I have to say it is immensely fun. Even when I die in my first encounter. But nothing like venting out my ship's oxygen to kill/hurt any boarders. And put out fires of course.

This game is the best money I have spent this year.
    Last edited by vom; 2012-09-15 at 06:24 AM.

Saw it on Steam but haven't looked into it much yet. I've heard really good things about it though when I've skimmed over some reviews. Sounds challenging, which is always great!

I'll probably get it, it looks awesome. I love the chiptunes soundtrack and a great retro look&feel to it. Perfect for and old guy like me!

Check out this playthrough: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c_QY0dnI-M
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Just forked my first playthrough. Insanely awesome game.

Changed title for clarification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played five attempts.
    First and second got destroyed by some random encounter.
    Third rebels got me.
    Fourth died to mothership boss.
    Fifth had to leave.

Very fun and very challenging. Would love a sandbox mode without rebels though.

Title trolled me thought something actually is faster than light
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Very interesting and fun game. Well worth the price of admission with plenty of replayability.

And it doesn't take much of a system to run either, so I'll finally have something to play on my laptop during my 2-hour train trips!

Been playing it for about 3 hours now and it's the best gaming money I've spent in a very long time.

Thanks for changing the title. Its too bad Borderlands 2 comes out Tuesday, don't think I will get to Borderlands 2 for another week or so because FTL is just scratching an itch I didn't even realize I had.

Just finished my second playthrough and am loving it. Even though it was extremely frustrating running out of missiles in the last sector which resulted in me being ineffective against every enemy and leading to the destruction of the USS Defiant (what? I'm a Trekkie! ), I had so much fun! Unlocked a new ship too, so will hopefully fare better next time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Anyone else playing FTL? Bought it a few hours ago from gog and I have to say it is immensely fun. Even when I die in my first encounter. But nothing like venting out my ship's oxygen to kill/hurt any boarders. And put out fires of course.

This game is the best money I have spent this year.
    I was just looking at it. I saw the word "Roguelike," and was immediately interested. There are some major Minecraft mods and stuff I want to toy with first, but after I get bored of that I think I'll pick it up.

I heard FTL was a Kickstarter baby, too.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I fucking love this game, I just have one problem. I faceroll through every sector until I get to the flagship, which just completely owns me. The difficulty level either isn't very consistent or I got a lot of easy fights. That said, the flagship truly is a boss in every sense of the word. In about the 5 times I have gotten to it, the farthest I have taken it to is the second phase. This game is hard, but addicting as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerhunter247 View Post
    I fucking love this game, I just have one problem. I faceroll through every sector until I get to the flagship, which just completely owns me. The difficulty level either isn't very consistent or I got a lot of easy fights. That said, the flagship truly is a boss in every sense of the word. In about the 5 times I have gotten to it, the farthest I have taken it to is the second phase. This game is hard, but addicting as hell.
    Isn't that how Roguelikes usually are? Some games you just clear through straight to the boss, some games you die in the second room on the first floor. It's one of the great things about Roguelikes, IMO.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Not much to add other than to say this game is amazing!

My whole crew just suffocated. D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Speaking of which, I want to use an engi ship and max out shields + ion weapons and knock out the weapon systems and oxygen generator on the enemy and let the suffocate.

I'm evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Affixiation View Post
    Speaking of which, I want to use an engi ship and max out shields + ion weapons and knock out the weapon systems and oxygen generator on the enemy and let the suffocate.

I'm evil.
    I was actually working towards that goal, but my luck in finding proper stores was rather lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    I just had a game where I had 4 boarders. I destroyed their ship, but when I jumped into the system they had disabled my medbay, so I ran everyone to the engine and oxygen compartment and vented the rest of the ship and just waited till they suffocated.

At least one point into the upgraded doors is a must. At least for me.