Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskcat View Post
    Exactly, the closest we got to sending "royalty" I know of is when I deployed '10-'11 General Petraeus' son was deployed at the same time. We were given strict orders to treat him like anybody else if we ran in to him and not blab about it on facebook lol

Being in the British military how do you feel about the prince being there?
    I'm personally happy for him to be there, as are most of the lads I've asked on the issue. We have a history of Royalty leading the military into battle and serving alongside which (although not in the same capacity) is still being honoured today. Any serving member that complains that his presence makes them more vulnerable probably needs to do a massive career-check and re-consider their profession - since our job is essentially to guard the royal family and the people of this country; it's well within our remit.

Besides, he's sat on Bastion for the most part more as a morale boost than anything else. I recall seeing numerous celebrities and key public figures walking around the bazaars when I was out there, they're all value targets for the taliban not just him.

Yeah I'm glad you guys have that going for you "Lead from the front" is how it should be hopefully this will change in America and it might with the influx of combat vets into our government as the war dies down and people get out as it did after Vietnam
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

Deleted
    His grandfather or something was an officer in the navy aswell.
    He's now an apache helicopterpilot, so ofcourse he will see combat.
    But i think its wrong that they announce that he's there, will only bring more attacks, do it after instead.