Deleted

What server should i play on?

I was wondering what server i should play on?

both the que time and the auction house plays a role
    what server are you satisfied with?

best regards
    fc0712

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Trading Post (Action House) is global, so what server you are on makes no difference whatsoever. Also I haven't encountered any queues anywhere since launch week so you're good there too, it's not really an issue.

As people below me will no doubt go into detail over, the only thing that matters about which server you pick is how good at WvW that server is.

As someone else already said the auction house (Trading Post) is global across all servers from one region and there aren't real queues. If an area of your homeserver is full your character will be copied to an overflow server where you can play normally like on your own server. Weired thing for european players is that some things work on overflow server and are bugged on the normal servers. For example in metrica province is a hidden quest where you need to find a random drop to open a door. On overflow you can use the console to open it but on my home server i can't interact with the console.

Despite being from the EU I play on a US realm and surprisingly its lag free. So assuming you're not bothered about playing on a US realm (if you're from the EU), you might want to try Henge of Denravi (I'm pretty sure that's the name.). My guild on Maguuma is really well put together and organised yet we get smashed by Henge in WvW. They seem to have some seriously good guilds that carry the sever in PvP and I know that it's got a high population too.

The trading post is cross sever so I wouldn't worry about that. What you want to worry about is how your realm performs in WvW, the general population and the distribution of players who are high level against those who are still leveling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthilas View Post
    The Trading Post (Action House) is global, so what server you are on makes no difference whatsoever. Also I haven't encountered any queues anywhere since launch week so you're good there too, it's not really an issue.

As people below me will no doubt go into detail over, the only thing that matters about which server you pick is how good at WvW that server is.

i really didn't know the TP was global, thats pretty neat.

The only thing that is server dependant is you can only play with members of your own server in WvW.

That's literally it.

Atm PvE is a limitation because guesting isn't a feature yet, but when its fully functional and released you can guest to other players servers to play with them.

Trading post is global, sPvP is global.

It really only matters atm for WvW and friends you want to play with, until guesting is out.

My best suggestion is don't pick servers that are too full.

Also the Overflow system gets around queues, you get placed in an overflow if a map is too full and placed in a queue to enter, you can play in the overflow version of the map, which the players there will also be from other servers, and just play there until a spot on your main servers map opens up, then you can either travel there or leave the queue and stay in the overflow if you want. So there's no queues, you can always play. Except for WvW, you need to wait for a spot to open up to get in that, and the more full servers and more dominant servers tend to have the longest queues for WvW, henge of denravi is the best (and undefeated since day 1 of headstart) WvW server and as such it has the highest population and the longest WvW queue times, literally hours though it's getting better as days go by. My advice, avoid that server like the plague. I honestly wouldn't even be there if it weren't for long time friends that I want to be able to WvW with.
    Last edited by Keldrath; 2012-09-15 at 01:34 PM.