Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Any composition should work as long as you cover most buffs and dont use too much Melee (2 max).

I did it 2 years ago on main and 1 month ago on a Prot warrior.

Last month our set up was bad, people kept dying on Big bang and the Meteor that throws you up, Damage was mediocre at best and it took us 20 wipes. The achievement is ultra easy to do now. Instead of theory crafting "best possible" composition i suggest make sure EVERYONE knows what to do. If people kill stars and drop void zones on other people all your raid buffs won't help.

Gearing wise. Run ulduar if you like the BiS set (like me), but its not that important.

Gonna do this tonight, I'll report back in tomorrow if I remember to :P

Mages should be arcane for this fight mastery scales so good they can pull like 13k when i did my herald on my rogue i was pulling 8-9 as assassin we killed alg with one of the healers in some level 70 epics peices so it not to hard any more
    Nixs

Deleted
    Moin moin,

When you just got 10 ppl they know what they do it´s a lot of easy even without BIS gear.

Mastery help so much.

good luck

Your,
    Holy

Done it, wasnt too bad. Had a tank screw up big bang like 5 times, but if people know the fight it should be no problem.

Deleted
    Destro Warlock Horde is Looking for Herald of the Titans (geared)

US-Horde Healer or DPS (I have both a hunter and a priest that are 80) looking for a group for Herald of the Titans. I can gear myself for this and be ready when you need me. Prior to October 7th I am available Tues/Weds/Thurs, after that I am available any night. Experienced raider, know every fight, happy to do this with a fun group.

PM me here and we will set it up. Thanks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...z/Rulla/simple (HUNTER)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asz/Vau/simple (PRIEST)

10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, there are a zillion groups on OpenRaid or Herald, you could likely find one any day of the week. I see them all the time. I did one a couple weeks ago and am leading another myself in a few weeks.

You'd have way way better luck just registering there then posting here and hoping to find someone your same region/faction.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

It is laughable now, back then the dps requirement was around 5-6k(or you'd reach berserk), and tanks barely had more than 23k health.

With Cata flask+food+professions+enchants+reforging, it is impossible to not kill it, just look at some of the YT videos floating around, the owners of the videos were so proud of their kills it makes me laugh.

To let you get an idea how easy it is now, here's an example, one of the videos shows the DK tank and a rogue failed on Cosmic Smash and survived.

Did this achievement last week with this comp.

Tank 1 DK <-- me
    Tank 2 Pally <-- didn't have to do much
    Healer 1 Druid
    Healer 2 Pally
    Healer 3 Priest
    Dps 1/2 Mages
    Dps 3 Rogue
    Dps 4 Drood
    Dps 5 Lock

Our dps wasn't even amazing and we did it in i think 4 attempts don't remember it was a blur from excitement of finally getting the achievement

3 heals, 2 tanks, 5 dps

mastery is probably the single best buff you can have in the raid since it scales so crazy well at 80. other than that, bring whoever.

My guild did it 2 months ago with:

1 dk tank
    1 druid tank (with over half my gear being resto gear since the original plan was that I was gonna heal)
    1 pally healer
    1 shaman healer
    1 arcane mage
    1 hunter, dunno what spec he was
    1 shaman, elemental
    1 shadow priest

Took us 4-5 tries to kill him, was rather easy even with 8 people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Okay first off, ive done some searching and I cant find exactly what im looking for in the forums, all I come across is BiS items for a particular class,

What I would like to know is, what class set up is best (including monk) as were not doing it for a month or so,

Cheers
    It literally doesn't matter, I did it 9 man and killed Algalon just after the first big bang.

Damage is a lot higher now than it was, also with lvl 85 professions, food, pots, flasks, it's total faceroll.

Shadow Priest (can go disc, but alrady have some 226 DPS tier gear) LFG Herald.
    Got 222 ilvl, several bis items.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...inidisc/simple

Horde EU.
    Inb4 "go to openraid" - there are no heralds lined up for Horde eu. Might be willing to help set one up, if enough interested.

At this point you can do the achievement with 1 tank 1 healer and everyone else DPS since in patch 5.0 people are able to do over 15K DPS with the BIS gear the fight becomes easy.

Deleted
    Don't suppose there's a xrealm groups being made for this? If so please add me either as either role
    XceptOne#2208

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love to get this achievement. If anyone is doing xreal like posted above, I'll be more than happy to tag along.

If anybody plans to do any Ulduar runs in the future (or dungeons) to gear up their toon for this run, I'd love to go with - I have an 80 rogue I intend to do this on, sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    It is laughable now, back then the dps requirement was around 5-6k(or you'd reach berserk), and tanks barely had more than 23k health.

With Cata flask+food+professions+enchants+reforging, it is impossible to not kill it, just look at some of the YT videos floating around, the owners of the videos were so proud of their kills it makes me laugh.

To let you get an idea how easy it is now, here's an example, one of the videos shows the DK tank and a rogue failed on Cosmic Smash and survived.
    link video

Deleted
    Seeing as there are no grps for this, going to set one up, take a look in the sticky on the main ach page!