Deleted

Random Wrath of the Lich King Heroic Dungeons

Hi all.

I just hit 80 on my Druid to do Herald of the Titans. I was going to farm some JP, but then I realized that the option to sign for Random WOTLK HC's are not there anymore.

How come? As the random TBC HC's still are there to sign for.

- Baenesur

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You'll need to search via. Specific Instances if you want to do the WOTLK. I did specific for the 3 ICC dungeons whilst leveling, gave good experience each of them

Deleted
    I have no idea either why the random option isn't available. I really need to gear up my Priest for Herald, but I can't get any JP through dungeons w/o that function, and the gear that drops is just ilvl 200, which isn't really good...

Deleted
    Hope it gets fixed, I'm on the verge of quitting and then Bliztard pulls this. The Wrath content is all I stay for these days...

Deleted
    Aveill:

You can queue Cata dungeons for 84 JP (With the guild perk), but still I really think we are lacking this option to do WOTLK HC'S through random dungeon finder aswell.

Gonna point out a few things...

1: Even if we do earn JP from the runs (which requires the whole group to be 80... I know I got nothing on a H Violet Hold with my Priest, cause we had an 82 DK Tank), it will be barely double digits per boss kill, if we are lucky.

2: Almost ALL the gear you want for Herald is in Ulduar 25 Normal/Ulduar 10 Hard Modes. 226 gear doesn't drop ANYWHERE else. 232 for weapons, you can fetch some from the ICC 5-mans, but that is about it.

The only thing worth buying, to me, for a Herald run, will be the T8 25M Chest and Helm tokens, which are 700 JP each IIRC. Just make sure you get a friend (or two) to help with their 85s to do the weekly raid quest. That is worth like 160 JP with guild perks included.

After seeing what we are dealing with (plus over 30min queues on a good day, queuing as a healer), my guildies and I are just gonna use a few 85s (or more likely 90s pretty soon) to boost our 80s into Ulduar to get the gear, and then start practicing on the other bosses to make sure we got things going smoothly.

---------- Post added 2012-09-17 at 02:07 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baenesur View Post
    Aveill:

You can queue Cata dungeons for 84 JP (With the guild perk), but still I really think we are lacking this option to do WOTLK HC'S through random dungeon finder aswell.
    Problem there is you need an ilevel of 232 to even queue for Cata dungeons. If you haven't bothered acquiring Cata greens/blues, you will be at least 30-50 ilevels short with just WotLK gear. And not alot of value to get Cata gear to earn JP with... when you can't use any of the gear anyways for the Herald run (the whole main purpose of the toon).
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-09-17 at 06:05 AM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraGlior View Post
    Hope it gets fixed, I'm on the verge of quitting and then Bliztard pulls this. The Wrath content is all I stay for these days...
    Well, most people doesn't play WOTLK content anymore so the queue-times will be enormous anyway, you're better off finding a WOTLK raiding guild.

Buy up enough greens to get yourself to 232(or just complete a few quests in Hyjal/Vashj'ir) so you can queue for random Cata dungeons and just run those. You'll get 980 a week, iirc. Remember to make sure you turned off your experience gain first though. It's the only worthwhile way of earning justice points at that level now.

For everything else, have your friends run you through the content you need.

Deleted
    I am making Malygos 25, OS25+3d, Uld25 Normal, ToC10 Normal runs every week, but my luck seems.. Well.. Non-existent :/

And for the whole purpose with this thread - I wanted to do the WoTLK HC's to earn JP for the t8 helm+chest. Quite sick and tired of Throne of the Tides and BRC as I got 10 lvl 85's and did those quite alot