Page 4 of 131 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
14
54
104
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Since there's no ask-a-question thread I'll just post here if that's cool.

    My question: What do I do with extra CPs? i.e. when I'm sitting at 5 points and neither SR nor Rip need refreshing. Dump them into SR? This poses the risk of not getting another 10 points for the others. Just keep Shredding? Is bite over 25% even an dps increase over shred?

  2. #62
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dentie View Post
    My question: What do I do with extra CPs? i.e. when I'm sitting at 5 points and neither SR nor Rip need refreshing. Dump them into SR? This poses the risk of not getting another 10 points for the others. Just keep Shredding? Is bite over 25% even an dps increase over shred?
    This guide has a Q & A section in on the button off the post.

    If Rip and Savage Roar is in a good possession i would use Ferocious Bite even thought i wont refresh Rip with BitW. Also i pool energy to wait abit because

    -If you don't cap energy
    -DoTs is up on target
    -CDs aren't delaying

    Waiting isen't a DPS lost

    Losing a few ticks of Rip because off FB wouldn't be a to big dps lost tho since it is a dps gain to be "agressive" on CP usage together with SofT talent. The simcraft calculation is counting Rip uptime to be a dps lost above 91-92% with DoC and SotF because of the lack of Ferocious Bite crits.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  3. #63
    It's funny because druids truly lack in DPS overall...

  4. #64
    Just checking through the enchanting section of this guide, it says we should be using 170 mastery on gloves. However there is a 170 strength enchant for gloves, wouldn't this be the optimum choice?

    Got my Spear of Xuen from archeaology yesterday can't wait to put dancing steel on it xD

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Inori View Post
    Hi, could you list what addons exactly are you using for your UI?

    Like those circle health bars? Nice font numbers?
    The base is ElvUI, HUD is IceHUD, I use SatrinaBuffFrames for HUD (de)buffs (optional), WeakAuras and DroodFocus for class information, and VuhDo for raid frames. I'm not sure what you can and can't see in the video though because of I only recorded a portion of the screen.

    Edit: Oh, and the damagefont is NiceDamage, and the giant spell suggestor icon is Ovale.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-27 at 12:48 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Nelva View Post
    However there is a 170 strength enchant for gloves, wouldn't this be the optimum choice?
    Actually yes, it should be. Mastery is only about 15% worse though and would probably be a better choice if you're dual-speccing guardian.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2012-09-27 at 05:48 PM.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  6. #66
    Thrash for single target damage. Crazy idea that could work, or waste of time to even think about it?
    One reason for WoW decline I often hear is that its an old game and naturally people get bored with it. But TV is much older and people still watch that. Surely if a thing you once enjoyed keept staying fun, you would still use it?

  7. #67
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Thrash for single target damage. Crazy idea that could work, or waste of time to even think about it?
    Use it on all OoC procs(If you don't overwrite one that was recently applied or are stronger e.i buffed with a proc or tiger's fury) and when you are on 5cps and need to wait. The DPET(Damage Per Execution Time) Beats Shred Rake Mangle Ravage by far.
    Last edited by Etapicx; 2012-09-28 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spelling and was a bit missleading, changed now.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  8. #68
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    so trash is a better dot then rip or rake? intresting but trash is less efficent with energy so thats why we should use it on OOC procs?
    INTRESTING TWIST
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  9. #69

    Stat values

    I'm curious as to how different stat priorities vary between a DoC and non-DoC rotation

  10. #70
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    so trash is a better dot then rip or rake? intresting but trash is less efficent with energy so thats why we should use it on OOC procs?
    INTRESTING TWIST
    No but compared to Rake,Shred,Ravage and Mangle... Thrash will win because of the energy cost of Rake and Rip since on the OoC proc it will be free.

    ---------- Post added 2012-09-28 at 09:18 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigzumzah View Post
    I'm curious as to how different stat priorities vary between a DoC and non-DoC rotation
    It is still a gear question on what priority but when you pick up DoC, Mastery and Hit/Expertise cap increases in value haste and crit value is gear dependent still.
    Nature's Vigil is increasing the value of Hit and Expertise cap. HotW Increases the value of Agility and my guess would be that it decreases the value of mastery since during the wrath spam i can't see our mastery benefiting anything at all, I am not 90 yet so i can't tell if we get the balance druid mastery effect but i wouldn't be to surprised. Force of Nature also decreases the value of Mastery because our tree's dosen't scale good with mastery. Incarnation decreases the value of crit since we can possibly crit cap on target above 80% health.
    And again i thanks Aggixx from and the others on fluiddruid for bringing awesome theorycrafting :-)



    And i will add Strenght enchant and thanks for pointing that out Nelva :-)
    Last edited by Etapicx; 2012-09-29 at 06:32 AM. Reason: Updated stats.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  11. #71
    Guys which trinket from those 3 is better for feral? i am dummy at simcrafts, really pleased to hear some advices.
    1) Searing Words 463 http://www.wowhead.com/item=81267
    2) Zen Alchemist Stone 450 http://www.wowhead.com/item=75274
    3) Epic trinket from Coren Direbrew 470 http://www.wowhead.com/item=87574

  12. #72
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Guys which trinket from those 3 is better for feral? i am dummy at simcrafts, really pleased to hear some advices.
    1) Searing Words 463 http://www.wowhead.com/item=81267
    2) Zen Alchemist Stone 450 http://www.wowhead.com/item=75274
    3) Epic trinket from Coren Direbrew 470 http://www.wowhead.com/item=87574
    I don't have time to simulate them now but i'd recommend downloading simulationcraft run it 3 times with only one of each trinket equipped and you have the answer.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  13. #73
    So are we supposed to use Thrash on every OoC proc?

    e.g. OoC procs, use thrash , OoC procs again do i use thrash again despite just few seconds ago i used it or do i use shred?

  14. #74
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Use it on all OoC procs(If you don't overwrite one that was recently applied or are stronger e.i buffed with a proc or tiger's fury) and when you are on 5cps and need to wait. The DPET(Damage Per Execution Time) Beats Shred Rake Mangle Ravage by far.
    so no not when you recently aplied one
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  15. #75
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    so no not when you recently aplied one
    Yeah if Thrash was recently applied there is no use on just refreshing it :-)
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  16. #76
    The Patient -Atalanta-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    288
    Any chance we can get a raid BiS list up? =)

  17. #77
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by -Atalanta- View Post
    Any chance we can get a raid BiS list up? =)
    I'd look at it but currently i'm not 100% sure what talents that is a best general set up because they change the stat priority and therefor could swap some iteams out.
    Atm it looks like SofT and HotW is the bigest raid benefit but also Single target damage increase if you swap to a casters weapon for those 45 seconds Huriccane and Wrath is doing really good damage. Since it seems like we can't make a weapon swap and start spaming wrath in simulationcraft we can't really look at what stat is the best. Mastery currently is the best but looking at 45seconds where we do sick damage or healing where mastery has close to no benefit at all i'm not sure if we rank mastery as nummber one. When i get more meet on my legs i'd definitely post up a gear list but currently Alaron's gearlist that is linked in the guide is something to look at :-)
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Guys which trinket from those 3 is better for feral? i am dummy at simcrafts, really pleased to hear some advices.
    1) Searing Words 463 http://www.wowhead.com/item=81267
    2) Zen Alchemist Stone 450 http://www.wowhead.com/item=75274
    3) Epic trinket from Coren Direbrew 470 http://www.wowhead.com/item=87574
    1 = 2 > everything else >>> 3

    The Direbrew trinket has poor itemization and horrendous uptime because of it's extremely bad proc trigger and proc rate combination.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  19. #79
    I got some questions if you guys could help me out with.

    I'm having a problem adjusting to the new rotation with using thrash on OoC procs and sometimes i'll use shred on OoC procs when thrash isn't even up.
    Is it a dps loss if i use thrash right after i use shred on OoC proc by a mistake?

    Also if Rip and SR are down at the same time and you got let's say 2-3 cp, isn't it more important to get SR up right away?

  20. #80
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    627
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannar View Post
    I got some questions if you guys could help me out with.

    I'm having a problem adjusting to the new rotation with using thrash on OoC procs and sometimes i'll use shred on OoC procs when thrash isn't even up.
    Is it a dps loss if i use thrash right after i use shred on OoC proc by a mistake?

    Also if Rip and SR are down at the same time and you got let's say 2-3 cp, isn't it more important to get SR up right away?
    Thrash is used on OoC procs and when you capped 5 cps and want to hold off a bit. If you shred on a OoC proc it isn't to big of a lost as long as you aren't on 5 cps.
    Savage Roar is top priority so yeah SR before Rip. Remember as long as DoTs are running and you aren't capping on energy and you aren't delaying CDs to much it is nothing stoping you to wait and think -What the feck is happening what should i no next. So you can avoid those moments when both SR and Rip is down at the same time.
    Last edited by Etapicx; 2012-10-01 at 06:34 PM.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •