1. #2001
    Quote Originally Posted by FeralSynapse View Post
    The trinket Rune of Re-Origination makes our stats a bit weird-but this kind of reforging *only* applies to having that trinket. Once you get around the 570 ilvl (Sim your own character to be sure) you can see a drastic increase in your dps. Changing out my gems for this method turned out to be more than a 10k dps increase for me when using DoC.

    So in my case, no the Agility was not better and did not trump the Rune Proc.
    Most of this true, however I couldn't trust the sim, sims for ferals are...interesting, at least for me. It lowballs me by a huge margin, almost 80k with decent rng single target

    Responding to Paloro, yes you are correct, but it would go lower than 549, I would argue that it's still worth it for an upgraded thunderforged one. I'm stuck with a 543.
    Last edited by Maximum; 2013-11-24 at 06:38 PM.

  2. #2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    Most of this true, however I couldn't trust the sim, sims for ferals are...interesting, at least for me. It lowballs me by a huge margin, almost 80k with decent rng single target

    Responding to Paloro, yes you are correct, but it would go lower than 549, I would argue that it's still worth it for an upgraded thunderforged one. I'm stuck with a 543.
    Which I agree with as well- Sims can be iffy but when it shows such a drastic increase- let's face it it doesn't hurt to try it game side.

  3. #2003
    Fellers. I know dummie Dps isnt a good indication of true dps but i find it useful to test out gear combos/rotation ect but im noticing large variation in dps from test to test. I spend 5 min sessions on the dummy and they can vary anything from 10-20k with the same talents gear ect. just wondering is this normal for ferals? cheers.

  4. #2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Fellers. I know dummie Dps isnt a good indication of true dps but i find it useful to test out gear combos/rotation ect but im noticing large variation in dps from test to test. I spend 5 min sessions on the dummy and they can vary anything from 10-20k with the same talents gear ect. just wondering is this normal for ferals? cheers.
    You should only use dummy benchmarks to test rhythm & addons. Since you'll be lacking major buffs like mastery and attack power you'll see very skewed ratios between Rip and FB, not to mention Rake and Shred during Rune procs. On top of that, due to our high variance in dps you would need to run atleast 200-300x 4-5min sessions with all cooldowns up for your absolute damage differences to be statistically relevant.

  5. #2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Fellers. I know dummie Dps isnt a good indication of true dps but i find it useful to test out gear combos/rotation ect but im noticing large variation in dps from test to test. I spend 5 min sessions on the dummy and they can vary anything from 10-20k with the same talents gear ect. just wondering is this normal for ferals? cheers.
    That's normal for any class. 5 minutes is hardly any time at all, if you wanted to actually draw conclusions based on the DPS of your test you would need to test for hours and even then you wouldn't actually have enough data to draw a conclusion on more subtle things.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  6. #2006
    @aggixx - Are you are related to simcraft list? I have doubts about skull bash. As I can understand it procs trinkets/etc, but this spell is kinda unrealistic, thus feral kinda cheats at simcraft class comparisons.

    EDIT: skull bash proc seems fixed already
    Last edited by mmokri; 2013-11-25 at 09:33 AM.

  7. #2007

  8. #2008
    Re guarding DOC. Would you say its on par with HOTW until you get into the execution phase where u can keep a sick rip up? cheers.

  9. #2009
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    374
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Re guarding DOC. Would you say its on par with HOTW until you get into the execution phase where u can keep a sick rip up? cheers.
    No, it's just better all around.

    *of course minus the tranq utility

  10. #2010
    It's not clear cut better in every situation. On patchwerk, it definitely is yeah, but on fights like Galakras/Spoils where you have lots of low TTD targets that hamper your number of PS procs it's debatable. Hurricane is actually very strong with a good caster weapon and if you can get use out of that as well it gets even more questionable.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  11. #2011
    So here comes my weekly bitch at our trials that ruin god level rng.

    Thok at 10% at 586k before we died
    2:32:35 http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/b/483155226 sad day

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9028&e=9439


    Someone start playing wrecking ball by miley please
    Last edited by Maximum; 2013-11-27 at 12:28 PM.

  12. #2012

  13. #2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    No, it's just better all around.

    *of course minus the tranq utility
    or if there is one sustained (30-45 second) AoE stage

    or a sustained stage where it isnt safe to be near the boss for 30+ seconds

    or if you need the stamina because you are undergeared for content (this is often overlooked but a huge + for HotW)

  14. #2014
    Hey man, great guide!

    I did just try adding your WA strings, and to me it seems like it's broken or something (the CP one atleast). It doesn't count my CP at all, however the 4th CP is shown all the time. I am far from a genious at WA, and would appreciate some help if anyone could provide that :-)

  15. #2015
    Hey guys, I've taken a year break and am just now coming back. I was wondering if this guide was up to date? Specifically talking about the stat prio for this tier. I was told it was mastery>crit>haste but I don't know if I believe the fella. What say y'all?

  16. #2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenn View Post
    Hey guys, I've taken a year break and am just now coming back. I was wondering if this guide was up to date? Specifically talking about the stat prio for this tier. I was told it was mastery>crit>haste but I don't know if I believe the fella. What say y'all?

    it is mastery>crit>haste as long as you don't have Rune of Reorigination. Best thing you can do is sim yourself with catus and see all the details there

  17. #2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximum View Post
    So here comes my weekly bitch at our trials that ruin god level rng.

    Thok at 10% at 586k before we died
    2:32:35 http://www.twitch.tv/jelloslockexo/b/483155226 sad day

    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=9028&e=9439


    Someone start playing wrecking ball by miley please
    I had some better luck at Thok! The trinket gods smiled at me yesterday and got a 486k dps parse which was enough to beat the next feral druid by 65k and take the number 1 parse among all classes (10 man). Without some significant gear upgrades (569 right now) or us changing the way we kite him so I can get more uptime on the boss I don't think I ever will beat this.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tple7_-WphY

    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/irrgj...14331#Inferior
    Last edited by inferior2; 2013-11-28 at 12:40 PM.

  18. #2018
    Thanks for previous responses.
    Can someone answer me catus simulation questions?
    1. Does catus have original engine?
    2. Does catus have different results over simcraft?
    3. Is catus slower than simcraft?

    Thank you!

  19. #2019
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,345
    1. Yes
    2. Yes, sometimes
    3. Yes

    cactus is more cat specialised then simcraft
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  20. #2020
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    615
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Jupoo View Post
    Hey man, great guide!

    I did just try adding your WA strings, and to me it seems like it's broken or something (the CP one atleast). It doesn't count my CP at all, however the 4th CP is shown all the time. I am far from a genious at WA, and would appreciate some help if anyone could provide that :-)
    The WA strings in the guide will probably need to be updated by someone since i can't access the game atm, I think i made them in 5.2 o__O

    @Eluendra I wouldn't say that Catus is much slower then simcraft (I never compared the two) But it was a while ago so i don't know if there has been some changes to each of the programs :-)
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •