Deleted
    Do you think its worth it to hold off on using tigers fury when your close to or are in execute phase when you are waiting for a trinket proc?

Quote Originally Posted by Tachyne View Post
    Do you think its worth it to hold off on using tigers fury when your close to or are in execute phase when you are waiting for a trinket proc?
    You should check fragnance 600k dps log. Same situation. Check time between super-rip and pre-tf.

Deleted
    :O an extra 8 ilvls on all timeless and SoO gear, but it doesn't say ToT gear, so rune can't be upgraded? Will this effect Rune in anyway? We'll gain more stats from it's proc, but the other trinkets might pull ahead, anyone planning on simming this soon? I have no trinket to cover my rune so need to get another if so.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    :O an extra 8 ilvls on all timeless and SoO gear, but it doesn't say ToT gear, so rune can't be upgraded? Will this effect Rune in anyway? We'll gain more stats from it's proc, but the other trinkets might pull ahead, anyone planning on simming this soon? I have no trinket to cover my rune so need to get another if so.
    Rune should likely stay BiS because it scales extremely well with increased ilvl on your other gear.

1m rip and rake incoming...
    I wonder how much others trinkets are going to scale

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    1m rip and rake incoming...
    I wonder how much others trinkets are going to scale
    Catus already has the option for +16 ilvl upgrade ^^

That said, rune is still way ahead according to catus on my gear.

Deleted
    Less obnoxious answer: Yes.
    Yes it is worth it. I wouldn't hold it off until I get the PERFECT rip though, just some proc.

It also does depend on the boss's hp.
    Getting a RoRo only rip up with TF when the boss is at like 30% hp and refreshing it in time will be possibly more damage than a rip at 15%ish with 2 trinket procs and no TF.
    Thats why a lot of ferals that get mega rips when the boss is close to death still don't pull amazing top 5 rank or whatever dps. A great execute most of the time happens before you even reach 25% IMO.

So we're getting the snapshotting from DoC back, but it's at the cost of Bloody Thrash. I do like that it's back, but the lvl 100 talents feels so boring now when we have the option of:

1. A ranged rake, just another dot to track.
    2. Our old lvl 90 talent.
    3. A passive that makes the spec even more boring and easy.

It's nice that they're trying to fix Incarnation though.

Hoping you guys can give a part time feral a bit of advice.

I currently raid resto in a casual heroic guild where I am one of the 2 main healers so don't really get to DPS at all. However recently I've picked up feral for soloing and doing LFRs/flex and stuff when I'm bored.

The thing that I'm struggling with is Thrash uptime, I've read a lot of guides that say that I should be using OoC procs to apply it whenever possible because of the high cost and other negative aspects and to aim for at least a 50% uptime, but the OoC procs are so random and easy to use that I find that I'm accidentally using them on mangles or finishers instead because they pop up so quickly I dont have time to react.

Any tips for dealing with this? Am I just trying to play the feral style too "fast" worrying about pooling too much energy (and getting every GCD up asap) rather than finding a slow rhythm.

Sims on the various Feral DPS programs have Thrash being what should be one of my more damaging abilities, but as it is I'm not achieving anywhere near the uptime.

My current understanding of Thrash is that you should be aiming to get as high uptime of it as possible without sacrificing Rip/Rake damage or Savage Roar uptime. Your Thrash uptime will vary a lot depening on what gear you have. For example Ferals that run with RoRo have significantly less energy to work with so they don't have as much freedom to keep Thrash up, which is where the theory of using Thrash on OoC proc comes from, since it makes your most expensive spell free. On the other end of the spectrum if you run with AoC (especially 580+ ones) you have so much energy to work with that you can pretty much keep Thrash up 100% of the time with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    My current understanding of Thrash is that you should be aiming to get as high uptime of it as possible without sacrificing Rip/Rake damage or Savage Roar uptime. Your Thrash uptime will vary a lot depening on what gear you have. For example Ferals that run with RoRo have significantly less energy to work with so they don't have as much freedom to keep Thrash up, which is where the theory of using Thrash on OoC proc comes from, since it makes your most expensive spell free. On the other end of the spectrum if you run with AoC (especially 580+ ones) you have so much energy to work with that you can pretty much keep Thrash up 100% of the time with no issues.

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply. Just realised you're in last attempt i'm actually on the same server haha.

Im running in gear at about 563 level, I still have an int belt (that i've gemmed Agi etc) that I haven't been able to replace, heroic weapon etc. so Decentish gear.

Trinkets are SOR + TED both normal.

Deleted
    It helps to know that thrash does about twice the damage per energy as mangle or shred. If you have a feral 2 piece proc that difference is obviously much lower (this means that "use thrash on OOC procs" is quite outdated). If you have trinket procs then thrash will usually pull way ahead in damage per energy.
    Do remember that savage roar, rake and rip (and refreshing those on good trinket procs) are way more important, so use your common sense. Practice really does help.

Is the weakauras linked in the first post updated for WA2? I can't get them to work, and I really like the look of them. Anyone got an updated version?

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an opinion regarding the new 4/4 upgrades: I'm pondering if it's a good idea to upgrade Assurance of Consequence (CD reduction trinket) from 580 to 588. I simmed it using Catus and it showed a reasonable dps increase, but I'm sceptic how much of that dps increase can really be reproduced ingame, since the reduction on Tiger's Fury is quite small (19,5s vs 20s) which only leaves an extra 1kish Agility on the proc, which seems quite small. Has somebody upgraded it this far and could share some experience? Thank you^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ocedy View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an opinion regarding the new 4/4 upgrades: I'm pondering if it's a good idea to upgrade Assurance of Consequence (CD reduction trinket) from 580 to 588. I simmed it using Catus and it showed a reasonable dps increase, but I'm sceptic how much of that dps increase can really be reproduced ingame, since the reduction on Tiger's Fury is quite small (19,5s vs 20s) which only leaves an extra 1kish Agility on the proc, which seems quite small. Has somebody upgraded it this far and could share some experience? Thank you^^
    While the reduction to tiger's fury might seem minor, keep in mind that going 4/4 on AoC brings berserk down to ~116 seconds which makes it completely overlap with the internal cooldown of the AoC's proc. So if you can bring yourself to delay berserk on the pull until you proc (or making sure you throw out enough combat events to force it) you can plan around having a trinketed berserk every time it's up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    While the reduction to tiger's fury might seem minor, keep in mind that going 4/4 on AoC brings berserk down to ~116 seconds which makes it completely overlap with the internal cooldown of the AoC's proc. So if you can bring yourself to delay berserk on the pull until you proc (or making sure you throw out enough combat events to force it) you can plan around having a trinketed berserk every time it's up.
    Great to hear. That will make AoC way less obnoxious to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by ocedy View Post
    Hi everyone,

If AoC is not on replacement trinket, ofc you should upgrade it
    the most efficeint route on upgrades is weapon->trinkets->chest, legs, head->belt, boots->gloves, shoulders-> then everything else
    (in terms of most agility gain and secodnary stats gain(RoR))
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-06-03 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Hi everyone,

I'm new in the feral scene, and I would like to know how you at the beginning of the fight burst during berserker runs (in the first 10 - 20 sec of the fight)? My problem is that RoR procs twice during berserker, and i dont know how to use it right (at the beginning of the fight where all 3 bleeds are active and the strongest).

And sry my eglish is not good i know, but i hope you understand my question.

ignore it, but on last seconds be ready to reapply bleeds, even if those are still running :
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    Predictive clipping is when you replace a stronger bleed with a weaker one with an expectation that it will end up being more damage in the long run.

Example: You get your mega Rip up on the pull with 20 stack TED, Rune, Pot & all that good stuff. Your Rune and TED reprocs about 12 seconds in so you decide to take advantage of it and apply a new Rip. This one is a bit weaker than your opener Rip but you're gaining 12 seconds of the new rips damage after the first Rip would have expired, making it a net gain as long as your trinkets don't end up procing again.

Another simpler form would be reapplying bleeds as your procs are about to end (this is especially true for Rake and 10 second procs as it increases the effect of the proc on your Rake from 15 to 25 seconds).