Deleted
    New banner made by Ammeg

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Ferals should never go down to be honest.
    I don't see the reason for this, the spirits literally die from 1 rake only (10man). I go down every time in our raid, works fine for us.

Deleted
    Anyone got any tips for Garalon as feral? Been progressing on it and with a warlock in the group, have being trying to juggle my bleeds around from legs > body > legs but it's proving to be quiet difficult. (Done with Soul swap from Symbiosis). Is it even worth it to do this? I do have shattering blow open to be used also.

PS: ignore amoury, cluster f*** atm as one of our tanks is on holiday and trying to be able to tank and do be a dps on different raid days.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2012-11-10 at 03:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    When dpsing Garalon, should i try ot also keep rake up on the boss or just on the legg?
    should i try to hit the boss at all or just stay on the legg ?

as far as i know swipe only get better then shred when you can hit 3 or more targets
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-11-11 at 06:12 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    When dpsing Garalon, should i try to also keep rake up on the boss or just on the legg?

as far as i know swipe only get better then shred when you can hit 3 or more targets
    I think it depends on how much time your guild spends killing legs. My guild kills most of them instantly, or fast enough that a rip isn't worth it. I'd suggest keeping your full bleeds up on the boss itself, and just having rake/trash(OoC procs) on the leg. During berserk I usually apply full bleeds to both.

Deleted
    When dpsing Garalon, should i try ot also keep rake up on the boss or just on the legg?

We just killed Garalon last night with less then 1 second on enrage, he was actually casting massive crush when he died.

We noticed something, it's pointless to put more then 2 dps on the legs. You want them, in an ideal situation, to die as another is spawning which gives the DPS on the legs 100% uptime. I tryied to keep a rake up on the boss itself and made sure i use a thrash when DPSing the leg so it spread to the body (although from the looks of it, it doesn't increase in damage at all) it was just another dot I could keep up on the boss and is hastle free.

Other then that just weave in shreds and/or mangles when running from leg to leg, it takes time getting use to but is possible. I also opted for Incarnation on this fight as the burst was very helpful when we found ourselves with 2 legs up and needing to get them down asap.

15+ Year Old Account
    2 dps? i assume you killed him in 10 man i raid 25
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    2 dps? i assume you killed him in 10 man i raid 25
    Yeah, just give it a few tries, maybe 4 dps in 25 man? but if the legs are dying too fast, take a dps off them until its tuned. Having a warlock really helped though, If the legs died to fast, I could go on the boss, get my bleeds up and then when a leg re-spawned, throw my dots straight onto the leg, it took quiet a lot of work because i would sometimes be throwing a 4 seconds rip onto a leg which made it slightly pointless but sometimes it went perfect, putting a 12 second rip on the leg.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeRae View Post
    I don't see the reason for this, the spirits literally die from 1 rake only (10man). I go down every time in our raid, works fine for us.
    That wont work on heroic 25m.

Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    We just killed Garalon last night with less then 1 second on enrage, he was actually casting massive crush when he died.

We noticed something, it's pointless to put more then 2 dps on the legs. You want them, in an ideal situation, to die as another is spawning which gives the DPS on the legs 100% uptime. I tryied to keep a rake up on the boss itself and made sure i use a thrash when DPSing the leg so it spread to the body (although from the looks of it, it doesn't increase in damage at all) it was just another dot I could keep up on the boss and is hastle free.

Other then that just weave in shreds and/or mangles when running from leg to leg, it takes time getting use to but is possible. I also opted for Incarnation on this fight as the burst was very helpful when we found ourselves with 2 legs up and needing to get them down asap.
    -thrash's DPE is incredibly good on 2+ targets, swipe's is only good on 3+
    -theres no real reason to ever use mangle on this fight
    -obviously t6 talents are a matter of playstyle but DoC is extremely strong here and benefits your offhealing significantly

Deleted
    On heroic Garalon i was only on legs for the start, rest of the fight i was purly on Garalon, the main reason for this was the speed at which they die, playing with DoC means you want large uptime on your bleeds and thats never gonna happen on a leg, i did more dps just tunnelling the boss (which is also better for the raid anyway) and ignoring legs after the first 4 are down. Easy boss tbh took us about 20 pulls.

15+ Year Old Account
    if Doc isnt working on a fight wont it be better to just take NV? so you cna dps leggs with the +100% dmg increase
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

if Doc isnt working on a fight wont it be better to just take NV? so you cna dps leggs with the +100% dmg increase
    there is a finite amount of damage that needs to be done to the legs, it doesnt matter who does that damage, so the most efficient means of cleaving the legs down will be the best overall raid dps, even if it means our dps as a feral is lower. DoC is still perfectly fine overall dps on this fight, but if your guild is bursting the legs down when they spawn, you will increase your raid's dps more by mostly staying on the body.

15+ Year Old Account
    hmm that is a good point.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

What dennis said is very important to understand when optimizing your strategy for the fight. I believe the cooldown on Mend Leg is approximately 30 seconds, so you have plenty of time to have reasonable uptime (especially when you can get there instantly with feral charge). Of course if you're doing it "wrong" and nuking the leg spawns into oblivion in 10 seconds then everyone's DPS is going to be inefficient.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    What dennis said is very important to understand when optimizing your strategy for the fight. I believe the cooldown on Mend Leg is approximately 30 seconds, so you have plenty of time to have reasonable uptime (especially when you can get there instantly with feral charge). Of course if you're doing it "wrong" and nuking the leg spawns into oblivion in 10 seconds then everyone's DPS is going to be inefficient.
    Not the case imo, its best to put a few bursty cleave classes on it and let others keep their normal rotation up on the boss, you want them down as fast as possible to keep him slowed and to avoid a situation where you have TWO up at once because one melee cant get to, ALSO its best to get it down and get back for AOE healing as the raid dmg with the stomp+pheromones is deadly.

I think that's a point that's subject to opinion (maybe that won't be the case once strategies get really fleshed out and into public knowledge, but for now). I'm not intimately familiar with with the Broken Leg de/buff and how it works, but wouldn't the stack reach 4 at the start of the fight and then stay there for the rest of the fight? So have multiple legs up at the same time isn't really an issue as long as you finish the fight with a minimal amount remaining?

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

very well written guide but i still have some amateur cat questions

first is: when SR runs out for 1-2 seconds but dots got refreshed before, they don't scale down immediately right? they dont scale dynamically?
    and second: below 25% refreshing a rip with a <4 sec duration with a 2-3-4 cp FB does not make it a 2, 3 or 4 cp rip afterwards? it remains as 5cp rip?

its hard to recognise in combat cause of procs/tf etc. really want to know this thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adnre View Post
    very well written guide but i still have some amateur cat questions

first is: when SR runs out for 1-2 seconds but dots got refreshed before, they don't scale down immediately right? they dont scale dynamically?
    and second: below 25% refreshing a rip with a <4 sec duration with a 2-3-4 cp FB does not make it a 2, 3 or 4 cp rip afterwards? it remains as 5cp rip?

its hard to recognise in combat cause of procs/tf etc. really want to know this thx
    The dot's wont be nerfed when SR falls of as long as it was applied with SR from the start.

If rip is applied with 5cp, It won't scale down to 3cp if it is refreshed with a 3cp FB during Blood in the Water phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Not the case imo, its best to put a few bursty cleave classes on it and let others keep their normal rotation up on the boss, you want them down as fast as possible to keep him slowed and to avoid a situation where you have TWO up at once because one melee cant get to, ALSO its best to get it down and get back for AOE healing as the raid dmg with the stomp+pheromones is deadly.
    Garalon's speed is so slow that getting all the legs down is a non-issue. In fact, most of the pre-nerf strategies involved leaving a leg up so that the respawning legs would be in more ideal positions. Your point about healing is somewhat valid depending on your raid composition, but is not very relevant to maximum possible raid dps, which is what I was addressing. On some attempts I would have 12k dps taken and 9k hps on myself, so I feel positioning is hardly an issue since I almost never need to be healed. Other melee don't necessarily have that luxury, but the legs don't take so long to die that they aren't quickly back in healing range anyway. Having a priest makes it a but more complicated since you need to avoid range issues on PoH to maximize their healing. Other healers don't really struggle in that same way.