So what is the consensus on RoR and gemming?
    Worth getting the socket bonus with a 528 RoR?

Quote Originally Posted by crittycat View Post
    At which point roughly (ilvl-wise) would you consider switching from shred to mangle as main CP builder?

Also been wondering whether the switch to mangle only is due to faster CP generation, or if it's actually a DPS win vs. shred.
    The sims seem to indicate it's at least DPS neutral at any level, but the difference is really so small that in most cases you could probably just do whichever you want (that's hardly min/maxing though! ).

Both, with mangle you get 5% less damage per energy spent but you gain 12.5% more CP per energy spent. The increase in combo point generation is an overall DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    So what is the consensus on RoR and gemming?
    Worth getting the socket bonus with a 528 RoR?
    Secondary stats are very very very valuable with RoR. Match absolutely every socket bonus unless it gives you hit or expertise you can't use.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-19 at 04:07 PM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    When refreshing Rip with FB, does it "snapshot" the stats still? Thus ending in refreshing a rip with rune for example, and devalue the damage from the already applied Rip. Or does it actually just refresh the duration of Rip?
    If it does refresh Rip with current stats. Would it be worth using Rip with a rune proc, or other trinket procs, for increased Rip damage, rather than a weaker Rip + FB damage?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzak View Post
    When refreshing Rip with FB, does it "snapshot" the stats still? Thus ending in refreshing a rip with rune for example, and devalue the damage from the already applied Rip. Or does it actually just refresh the duration of Rip?
    If it does refresh Rip with current stats. Would it be worth using Rip with a rune proc, or other trinket procs, for increased Rip damage, rather than a weaker Rip + FB damage?
    I give you a scenario

Rip is applied with RoR and Pot and 5 cps... You refresh it with FB and it will still be affected by RoR the Pot and 5 cps (nomatter if you refresh it with 1-4 cps)

And with weakauras DroodFocus or then inbuild system in Ovale you can track how many % you'll increase the damage with if applied at the current moment.

And for the other question if it is worth it or not i'm not really sure if it is worth the refresh if the damage is up by 10-15% for example because then it will depend on how long the boss will be alive and how much damage you lose from FB and such so those small details I don't have exact answers to atm.

Deleted
    Thanks Etapicx, Oak-qt and Agixx! The more I consider my original post/question the more apparent it becomes that it's generally clueless I'll go and hide in a corner now.

10+ Year Old Account
    having to make a aura that yell THRASH MOTHE F@$kER because of muscle memory and relentless spamming. sad cat times when the guild Im in was doing iron qon my thrashes where pathetic. That is one thing I truly need to improve on, that and getting familiar once again with DOC I just have a case of the lazys

Deleted
    So...Ferals from US - is Rune of Reorigination fixed after restart or not? Really tired of it for whole week...

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    So...Ferals from US - is Rune of Reorigination fixed after restart or not? Really tired of it for whole week...
    Yeeeeeeees

Hi, long reader, first poster here. I noticed something that is odd to me as a feral, could you please clarify if this is something that I should report as a bug on blizzard forums.
    Dancing Steel procs from Healing touch if i want to have my DoC stack ready before fight by using swipe_HT combo (not a real issue, cuz it procs quite frequent, but still odd ).
    Second one - RoR procs on faerie fire. Now this one is bad in my opinion, since it's only 10 seconds, and i'm using FF while running to the boss, so couple seconds is lost due to GCD or just me being far from boss on the pull. ( maybe it's not really an issue i need to worry about, but it just rubs me the wrong way )

Hard to say if they're bugs or not but at the very least they've been around for a while. Dancing Steel has procced off of spells since they switched it over to RPPM in 5.0(?) and all offensive spells in our toolkit are capable of proccing anything that states "on attack" (Faerie Fire, Wrath, Moonfire).

The Dancing Steel thing doesn't really matter a whole lot, as long as you make sure you HT at least 10 seconds before the pull the proc chance will have restored it's self to full by the time of your first hit.

For RoR, just make sure you don't FF things when you're a mile away from them. Try to do it 1 GCD before the target is in melee range and it's not much of an issue (9 seconds to get rip up in your opener is plenty if you're doing it correctly). Also worth nothing that since Wrath procs RoR, if you have any plans of using HotW for caster damage you should make sure your haste or crit is the highest when you have your caster weapon on (crit is probably more preferable since a haste RoR proc will probably tend to GCD cap you).

Quote Originally Posted by Vasek View Post
    Yes, things are back to normal now.

When refreshing Rip with FB, does it "snapshot" the stats still?
    The only time it calculates the damage Rip should do is when you cast Rip.

Would it be worth using Rip with a rune proc, or other trinket procs, for increased Rip damage, rather than a weaker Rip + FB damage?
    Yes, just a matter of which would do more damage over the remainder of the target's life.
    Last edited by aggixx; 2013-04-24 at 03:17 AM.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    I've updated the guide with a few more sections e.i Boss Guide (Whice will be published with real text over the weekend if i have time) and Energy pooling sections as well as cleaning up and adding new information, and at last adding/updating images that i used from (Don't hit me if i'm wrong) Aggixx's Dropbox folder whice where outdated :-)

Edit: That said i'd love to get feedback and tips for the boss guide especially because the fact i'm not a Hard Core raider and i'm still not done with Normal progression. Mostly looking towards the fact if there is anything special to add on Heroic mode.
    Last edited by mmoc3782ac376e; 2013-04-24 at 05:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps you can add a section to find streams and/or boss kills from a feral PoV.

I've kept up with pretty much all the bosses this tier which can be found in my youtube channel.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    Perhaps you can add a section to find streams and/or boss kills from a feral PoV.

I've kept up with pretty much all the bosses this tier which can be found in my youtube channel.
    Yeah that is what i had in mind but i wanted to sort out my twitch channel before but i can start it up and add channels and streams so if there is anyone else that wouldn't mind sharing Streams and Ytube clips please post them here and i'll link them :-)

Not sure if it qualifies since my movies usually have multiple PoVs in them. But I have one playlist per tier going back to Tier 11.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SilverSnaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Yeah that is what i had in mind but i wanted to sort out my twitch channel before but i can start it up and add channels and streams so if there is anyone else that wouldn't mind sharing Streams and Ytube clips please post them here and i'll link them :-)
    there is a eu feral Fragnance that streams.

One thing that I was thinking about . would be nice is HotW would be a 5 min cd. would make it more usable IMO
    Last edited by Redpanda; 2013-04-25 at 09:00 PM.

Deleted
    Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask for log-analysis, but I would be really happy if anyone could tell me, if I'm doing well or not so well with my ilvl496 gear.
    This is the log from yesterday, Jin'rokh HC: www[dot]worldoflogs[dot]com/reports/rt-x1cwvrugb9d2uw4l/details/6/?s=737&e=1076

Deleted
    @Redrun; Cool for sharing but with all respect i'd prefer the person that owns the channel/stream coming and posting it... And especially when it is a stream giving the readers a rough idea of when he goes live and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    @Redrun; Cool for sharing but with all respect i'd prefer the person that owns the channel/stream coming and posting it... And especially when it is a stream giving the readers a rough idea of when he goes live and such.
    gotcha. I wonder when we will be able to spec into incarnation in pve. Its such a cool looking ability. When I use it in pvp its like here comes the pain train CHOOO CHOOO and ravage spam is LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    gotcha. I wonder when we will be able to spec into incarnation in pve. Its such a cool looking ability. When I use it in pvp its like here comes the pain train CHOOO CHOOO and ravage spam is LOL
    Haha well as long as we'r stuck with SofT i think we won't see Inc for a while... Thought atm it would probably be FoN if any of the two :-)

How's the 522 shado pan trinket line up for feral? Over Flashing Steel Talisman (463 agility USE), or would the 522 ring be > a 483 ToES ring? EG which would be a better purchase?

The trinket I would imagine?
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.