1. #1341
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Challenge Modes
    Ah never though of that!

    I like the rip extension idea, would help with target switching more. Less wasted CP.

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    Ah never though of that!
    On the first pull of . . . I think Shado Pan? The place that has the massive AoE pull right at the start . . . it's amazing. I've only done each place once but the one time I did it I blew everyone out of the water (and nearly died in the process -_- )

  3. #1343
    Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    On the first pull of . . . I think Shado Pan? The place that has the massive AoE pull right at the start . . . it's amazing. I've only done each place once but the one time I did it I blew everyone out of the water (and nearly died in the process -_- )
    lol i've aoe'd that one, it's fun, also the room in scholomance(?) with all the krastinovian karvers and the one with all the bored students make for hilarious aoe.

  4. #1344
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,343
    well, cleave dps.

    my idea still is:
    give an alternative to savage raor, that instead of giving 40% extra damage, would like make our auto attack hit up to 3 targets or so.
    that way we can choose to either put up SR or the cleave ability.

    i dont think 6 seconds on rip will help much for aoe as you still need to build 5 CP's first
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  5. #1345
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    well, cleave dps.

    my idea still is:
    give an alternative to savage raor, that instead of giving 40% extra damage, would like make our auto attack hit up to 3 targets or so.
    that way we can choose to either put up SR or the cleave ability.

    i dont think 6 seconds on rip will help much for aoe as you still need to build 5 CP's first
    Well, first I think that sounds underwhelming and would likely need a numbers adjustment if we can't have both SR and the cleave mechanic up at the same time.

    Balancing aside . . . it seems like a reeeeeeeeeeally boring way to go about cleaving. I don't want to be Combat Rogues 2.0 (TURN ON BLADE FLURRY AND HAVE FUN!)

    Bad joke inc: Would you call it Blade Furry?

  6. #1346
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    Paw Furry obviusly :-)
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  7. #1347
    The Lightbringer Elunedra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    3,343
    well i didnt think about combat rouges, i never played a rouge
    i though of paladin seals when i came up with that (yes that was pre cata)

    as a pally you had 1 seal for single targer dps with the cencure dot, and you one seal that would make your attack hit extra targers for aoe

    the idea about the buff i had would still be a fiinsher and require combopoints just like SR does, so just like SR you have to weave it into you rotation and not just "activate it"
    and if forexample there are only 2 targets left you got to aks youself if is worth to swap over to SR for more single target nuke on them
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

  8. #1348
    I just think feral just needs new CDs and berserk needs to be revamped to deal with high energy regen, something like a berserk glyph that increases the damage done by cp generators and FB while Berserk is active but also increases the energy cost of all those abilities by 40% or something. (someone came up with this idea for a set bonus somewhere) I think it would be a good thing to let the player switch it on or off depending on gear or fight.

    Lynxh rush for ferals would be interesting, each leap applies a special rake, generates no cp and no initial damage, just bleed, so its not worth using single target like killing spree and then gets us killed to random stuff.
    While you're leaping you can thrash and swipe but you have to be careful where your character is aiming at.

  9. #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    I just think feral just needs new CDs and berserk needs to be revamped to deal with high energy regen, something like a berserk glyph that increases the damage done by cp generators and FB while Berserk is active but also increases the energy cost of all those abilities by 40% or something. (someone came up with this idea for a set bonus somewhere) I think it would be a good thing to let the player switch it on or off depending on gear or fight.
    As much as that would be a nice bonus to deal with energy capping, if it was a glyph it would be completely cookie cutter. Even in terrible gear I'm pretty sure you would still take it in PvE, and you'd always take it in PvP for the burst.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  10. #1350
    We do need a way to cleave better without having a warlock in the group.

  11. #1351
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    We do need a way to cleave better without having a warlock in the group.
    Sadly, the only other way (without soul swap) is tab raking. even then, on 3+ targets, it kills your energy/dps

  12. #1352
    The Patient -Atalanta-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    288
    Hmm, has DoC been changed again on the PTR? It seems to just be 25% on the next two melee abilities again.

  13. #1353
    Yes, the damage portion was reverted to what it is on live a while ago. The healing increase to Healing Touch is still reduced and NS is still removed so the talent is still significantly less effective, unfortunately.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  14. #1354
    How is it Soul Swap works on multi target exactly?

    Example: Iron Qon hc all dogs at once phase.
    I want to kill the fire one as a priority, but want to rake the other ones as well. How can I swap my Rip (and rake, but that's irrelevant) off that dog onto another one when he is close to death? Do I need to single target attack him just before soul swapping in order to mark that I want to swap dots from that target? Do I need to reapply a rake on him before swapping?

    Basically I'd like to know how soul swap chooses a target to remove dots from. (Can't test it myself as I am on vacation)

  15. #1355
    Not 100% certain, but I think the last target you applied either Rip or Rake to will be the source if you cast Soul Swap.

    Feral Druid Maintainer of SimC // Moderator at Fluid Druid forums
    Pawkets' Armory
    // Pawkets' Pro Raiders // <Forgotten Aspects>

  16. #1356
    Stood in the Fire Paloro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Panama City Beach
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Basically I'd like to know how soul swap chooses a target to remove dots from. (Can't test it myself as I am on vacation)
    It swaps the bleeds off the target that you most recently applied bleeds to.

    So if you have a Rip/Rake rolling on target x, but switch to target y and apply Rake then again switch to target z and use Soul Swap, target z will only get the Rake applied to target y.
    -Hope that helps

  17. #1357
    Does rip get updated when I use ferocious bite below 25% or do I have to use rip again to update it?

  18. #1358
    Mechagnome Etapicx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by Emenius View Post
    Does rip get updated when I use ferocious bite below 25% or do I have to use rip again to update it?
    Hope this explains it for you :-)

    #3.4 DoT mechanics
    When a dot is applied it snapshots all the current buffs, it won't be affected by buffs that are brought after the DoT is applied. Rip does not snapshot new buffs when we refresh it or extend it. If we get to our BitW phase try to stack up as many buffs possible to get a really strong Rip. Tiger's Fury, Trinket, Weapon procs and optimal, a potion would be the best scenario. When refreshing Rip with FB it does not snapshot new combo points either so if you refresh a 5CP applied Rip with a 3CP FB it will still be ticking as a 5CP Rip. And if you refresh a 3CP applied Rip with a 5CP FB it will still tick as a 3CP applied Rip.
    Always choose a lazy person to do the difficult job!
    Why?
    He will find an easy way to do it.


    I'm schizophrenic and alone... at least I got each other

  19. #1359
    Fuck I missed it sorry. Was reading over the spellbook selection instead of that. Thank you!

  20. #1360
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    snip
    Quote Originally Posted by Paloro View Post
    snip
    As expected then :S
    Having to overwrite stronger rake is annoying. Thanks anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •