Page 47 of 131 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    DroodFocus has a feature that works similarly to what you describe, although I don't think that's the addon you're thinking of.

Pre-MoP you were incapable of overwriting a stronger Rip with a weaker Rip ("A more powerful spell is already active" or something like that), but they fixed/removed that behavior in MoP and you can now refresh Rake and Rip at any time.

Other than that I'm not really sure what your question is.
    You answered what I wanted to know, thank you for your help.

Stephen

I'm wondering if this has already been covered or not, but I can not find it. Is there a point where it is worth replacing LFR 483 Tier 14 gear with Non-Tier pieces of higher iLvL? I've already broke my LFR 4 set for some Heroic Tier 14 and a single Tier 15 piece, but I'm wondering if I should keep the other 2 pieces of 483 gear or if I should replace them ASAP with 502 or 522 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by geckomage View Post
    I'm wondering if this has already been covered or not, but I can not find it. Is there a point where it is worth replacing LFR 483 Tier 14 gear with Non-Tier pieces of higher iLvL? I've already broke my LFR 4 set for some Heroic Tier 14 and a single Tier 15 piece, but I'm wondering if I should keep the other 2 pieces of 483 gear or if I should replace them ASAP with 502 or 522 gear.
    Since you broke the 4 set already it wouldn't hurt to break the 2 set because it isn't so strong actually... Download simulationcraft and simulate your character with the diffrent gear setups :-)

Deleted
    After obtaining Rune of Re-Origination, I can say I am really enjoying this trinket the only downside is reforging around it to me seems a little complicated and if you don't really know about the trinket for certain classes the actual reforging looks really weird. Personally I don't think I've 100% optimized my stats for this trinket but its the best I've came out with so far having 150% mastery during uptime without buffs and 34% crit.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ggums/advanced
    Also reforging for hit cap because I just can't pass up on it, reforging for as much haste but not taking it higher than mastery and then reforging to hit, also I hate my expertise
    Last edited by mmoc60748852a5; 2013-03-20 at 01:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nidums View Post
    After obtaining Rune of Re-Origination, I can say I am really enjoying this trinket the only downside is reforging around it to me seems a little complicated and if you don't really know about the trinket for certain classes the actual reforging looks really weird. Personally I don't think I've 100% optimized my stats for this trinket but its the best I've came out with so far having 150% mastery during uptime without buffs and 34% crit.

Also reforging for hit cap because I just can't pass up on it, reforging for as much haste but not taking it higher than mastery and then reforging to hit, also I hate my expertise
    You'r reforging seems alright imo, But i can tell you i'm not yelly at your expertise.... DWANGG

Deleted
    I can't get rid of it at all :|. It's because new tier gloves and new trinket and they are far to good to just lose 2set and this amazing trinket to go back to relic.

You can get more mastery out of the trinket if you go to a 1:1:1 ratio for haste:mastery:crit (with obviously mastery being the highest).

Also, I don't know for sure, but I would try to sim your gear setup with that trinket and also try to sim the valor trinket with hit. If you can gain a lot of useful secondary stats it might be worth it. I would bet the 541 will be better, but worth the try.

God I hate Thunderforged items, what a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Dysheki; 2013-03-20 at 03:52 PM. Reason: missing a word!

Deleted

I only have one RPPM trinket (rune) so im keeping most of my forging to mastery still.

Anyone else getting some delay with healing touch recently?

or could it be this autounshift stuff messing with me?

#showtooltip
    /console autounshift 0
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autounshift 1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    I only have one RPPM trinket (rune) so im keeping most of my forging to mastery still.
    I really recommend going Haste>Crit>Mastery but keeping mastery the higher stat with Rune, cleared 12/12 with it and noticed massive dps increase just make sure you have something to track it.

Quick question about using our prowl openers;

Should we only use Ravage during incarnation, or do we also enter combat ("stealth opener") using ravage?

As far as i understood the guide, cats are supposed to run up to the target and start Rake/Shred/FF - so no Ravage for stealth opener (combat initiator)?

Deleted
    The problem with a stealth opener is that stealth is broken by pre pot and we need like a personal 15 sec count to pop HS Pot pre SR go stealth go into posision/charge then ravage.
    It is just really messy imo.

Deleted
    I really recommend going Haste>Crit>Mastery but keeping mastery the higher stat with Rune, cleared 12/12 with it and noticed massive dps increase just make sure you have something to track it.
    It seems for me currently going for 1:1:1 is best with mastery just higher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    It seems for me currently going for 1:1:1 is best with mastery just higher.
    Yeah i ran sims on your char with two gear set ups and it seems like going down on mastery to maximise the proc.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 04:07 PM ----------

Here is a video guide on how to optimize stats when having the trinket.

Thanks to Aggixx for bringing us the video, And if you for some reason don't want me to keep the link in my guide with all respect just say. As always xoxo :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    The problem with a stealth opener is that stealth is broken by pre pot and we need like a personal 15 sec count to pop HS Pot pre SR go stealth go into posision/charge then ravage.
    It is just really messy imo.
    I beg to differ...

Albeit, DoC lasts 30 seconds. Pre potting and using Ravage as an opener, you tend to waste a decent portion of your pre-pot (a good 8 seconds of popping potion, stealthing at 2-3 seconds prior to pull, then running to boss). The damage from Ravage is rather nice, however, it's your own personal prerogative whether you want to squeeze out that extra 50-100k damage or not.

Incarnation with Ravage at pull

Quote Originally Posted by Nishida View Post
    …Pre potting and using Ravage as an opener, you tend to waste a decent portion of your pre-pot (a good 8 seconds of popping potion, stealthing at 2-3 seconds prior to pull, then running to boss). The damage from Ravage is rather nice, however, it's your own personal prerogative whether you want to squeeze out that extra 50-100k damage or not.
    Use Incarnation so that you can Ravage while not stealthed. This is the best time to Ravage, as it has a 50% chance to crit on targets with 80%+ health.
    So, your opener and rotation on a boss would be:

1. Prepot
    2. Displacer Beast or Wildcharge or Dash or Stampeding Roar (to get to the boss faster)
    3. Savage Roar (unbuffed -for a 12 second buff ‘til next 5 combo points for refresh)
    4. Faerie Fire
    5. Berserk
    6. Tiger’s Fury (to get a buffed Rake and buffed Ravages on target – some disagree with this, because they think you should save it to get a TF buffed 5 pt Rip, but that will happen soon enough, with the next TF cd and in the meantime you put an unbuffed Rip up just to get it ticking)
    7. Rake
    8. Rip (will only have 1 or 2 combo points but it’s better than none, and will be refreshed with a 5 point buff within 3-5 seconds, depending on Primal Fury proc)
    9. Incarnation
    10. Ravage til 5 Combo points
    11. Rip (with 5 combo points)
    12. Savage Roar (0 points)
    13. Tiger’s Fury
    14. Rake
    15. Shred to 5 Combo points
    16. Savage Roar
    17. Repeat above refreshing Rake, Rip, Savage Roar and using Incarnation/Ravage, TF, and Berserk when available -time Rakes and Rips to have TF buff
    18. When boss is at 25% health, use Ferocious Bite instead of Rip, when Rip is at 3 seconds or less, to refresh Rip

(The above is a controversial rotation, as some ferals think the first Tiger’s Fury should be saved to buff Rip with 5 cps, and the first Berserk should be immediately after the first Tiger’s Fury– this is worth experimenting with and doing research on, as I continue to do. For now, I stand by the above rotation when using Incarnation/Ravage, for the sake of maximizing Incarnation/Ravage time on the boss within the first 20% of its health -for +50% crit. Without Incarnation, Ravage use becomes pointless, and the 4th tier talent, SotF is widely favored. Also, note that this rotation is for Heart of the Wild in tier 6, and not Nature’s Vigil or Dream of Cenarius, however, I am starting to experiment with DoC /Incarnation and I think I like it!)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytkin View Post
    Use Incarnation so that you can Ravage while not stealthed. This is the best time to Ravage, as it has a 50% chance to crit on targets with 80%+ health.
    So, your opener and rotation on a boss would be:

1. Prepot
    2. Displacer Beast or Wildcharge or Dash or Stampeding Roar (to get to the boss faster)
    3. Savage Roar (unbuffed -for a 12 second buff ‘til next 5 combo points for refresh)
    4. Faerie Fire
    5. Berserk
    6. Tiger’s Fury (to get a buffed Rake and buffed Ravages on target – some disagree with this, because they think you should save it to get a TF buffed 5 pt Rip, but that will happen soon enough, with the next TF cd and in the meantime you put an unbuffed Rip up just to get it ticking)
    7. Rake
    8. Rip (will only have 1 or 2 combo points but it’s better than none, and will be refreshed with a 5 point buff within 3-5 seconds, depending on Primal Fury proc)
    9. Incarnation
    10. Ravage til 5 Combo points
    11. Rip (with 5 combo points)
    12. Savage Roar (0 points)
    13. Tiger’s Fury
    14. Rake
    15. Shred to 5 Combo points
    16. Savage Roar
    17. Repeat above refreshing Rake, Rip, Savage Roar and using Incarnation/Ravage, TF, and Berserk when available -time Rakes and Rips to have TF buff
    18. When boss is at 25% health, use Ferocious Bite instead of Rip, when Rip is at 3 seconds or less, to refresh Rip

(The above is a controversial rotation, as some ferals think the first Tiger’s Fury should be saved to buff Rip with 5 cps, and the first Berserk should be immediately after the first Tiger’s Fury– this is worth experimenting with and doing research on, as I continue to do. For now, I stand by the above rotation when using Incarnation/Ravage, for the sake of maximizing Incarnation/Ravage time on the boss within the first 20% of its health -for +50% crit. Without Incarnation, Ravage use becomes pointless, and the 4th tier talent, SotF is widely favored. Also, note that this rotation is for Heart of the Wild in tier 6, and not Nature’s Vigil or Dream of Cenarius, however, I am starting to experiment with DoC /Incarnation and I think I like it!)
    Your rotation is very bad.
    Faerie Fire should be used while you runing\charging to boss so it wont hurt your GCD.
    Savage Roar should be used BEFORE the fight, so again, it wont hurt your GCD.
    Tiger's fury should be used BEFORE the berserk ( should be macro'ed together).
    Start rotation with rake+shred+shred then pop up berserk+tf macro(also every trinket should be popped up in that time) and put RIP+ renew Rake.

Quote Originally Posted by aggixx View Post
    You hardly even have to pool.

Assuming 5% melee haste from gear and 35% raid buffed crit (something you could probably achieve this tier with the right gear, so it's not unreasonable at all):

If it's a 5 point finisher you get 20 energy from the SotF return, and you get 73.5 energy over the course of the PS buff from your energy regeneration.

If you get a single Omen of Clarity or Primal Fury proc you're guaranteed to make it even if you pool 0 energy. The chance of getting at least 1 primal fury proc is 72.54%. In the 7 second window that you have to get to 3 cp, you would execute a minimum of 8 autoattacks, which puts your chance of proccing at least 1 Omen of Clarity at 27.86%.

So if you combine those two things you have a 80.19% chance of being 100% guaranteed to be able to reach 3 combo points in the 7 second window of the PS, and in the 20% chance that you get neither a PF or a OoC proc you only need 11.5 (or 26.5 with Shred) energy to reach 3 CP regardless.

This is why I favor Incarnation over SotF for majorly buffed Ravages with 50%+ crit on 1st 20% of boss

If I remember correctly I made that post before they changed the set bonus from a guaranteed chance to only a 75% chance.

@Etapicx: Thanks for posting it and putting in the guide

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Hello,

i have a question about re applying new rips and or rakes. Im using Hotw so its not related to the Doc bleeds but if i had the Rentaki or Rune of reorigination trinket which i dont have yet when is it acceptable to overwrite existing bleeds that are lets say not yet buffed by a trinket proc. Lets say i put on a bleed without a rentaki buff and after the trinket procs do i wait till the end when it will gain all its stacks to re apply and overwrite my existing bleeds or should i wait till it runs almost out and then do it but doing so may result in another not buffed bleed. Or lets say i apply a bleed just as the rentaki trinket procs, the bleed will be buffed but not to its fullest possible, do i just reapply it at the end again with full stacks or not?